Download 2022

dannymichaels

10 minutes ago, Joel harvey said:

Sum 41 have download weekend free, after they play slam dunk, they could be a good replacement for that slot. If they weren’t going to choose a British band 

Yeah, that’d be a great shout if they’re willing to stick around for another week. 

We’re definitely going to see more dropouts. I wouldn’t even bank on someone as big as ADTR making it over. Their dates around DL are dotted all over Europe. If a few of those get canned, it’s not going to be worth their time coming over. 

Architects before KISS please. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Right, let’s not fuck around and do something stupid like bump Airbourne into that slot. That’s one of the biggest slots available at the festival and it deserves a stellar replacement. Get Enter Shikari, Frank Carter or Architects on the phone. 

Could Don Broco do it? In Europe, playing in Austria on the Wednesday, they’ve got that weekend free.

Copping said yesterday that the headliners for 2023 are booked and because it’s the 20th anniversary Download, they’re going for it and that people will lose their minds over who they’ve booked because they’ve gone big. Slipknot, Metallica & RATM wouldn’t surprise me now. Maybe with someone like BMTH, Ghost or FFDP on the Thursday if they can a special one off licence for the Thursday. Go big DL.

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Copping said yesterday that the headliners for 2023 are booked and because it’s the 20th anniversary Download, they’re going for it and that people will lose their minds over who they’ve booked because they’ve gone big. Slipknot, Metallica & RATM wouldn’t surprise me now. Maybe with someone like BMTH, Ghost or FFDP on the Thursday if they can a special one off licence for the Thursday. Go big DL.

Oh baby. I suppose it's his job to say that, but it's hard not be excited.

Would prefer SOAD / Metallica / RATM but either's an instant ticket. 

Shit, maybe even someone new for a change, there's a stack of huge bands that could do it.

Edited by BenG92

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Oh baby. I suppose it's his job to say that, but it's hard not be excited.

Would prefer SOAD / Metallica / RATM but either's an instant ticket. 

Shit, maybe even someone new for a change, there's a stack of huge bands that could do it.

SOAD, Slipknot, RATM.

Slipknot day Knotfest. I can't see a UK edition being added this year now. If he's really gone BIG then I don't expect A7X, BMTH or MCR to be there.

MCR are surely going to get booked for Reading next year with Yungblud the same day?, his new song was basically a MCR song. 

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Can't have download without a fossil act, RATM don't cover that. Needs Metallica or AC/DC.

No chance i see Download not having Rage. That booking has been done a long time now. I honestly don't think Metallica would be the big thing. Yes they've not played for years but Metallica haven't exactly not toured. I think Reading is more likely. Is it worth the extra stage stuff to get AC/DC again.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

No chance i see Download not having Rage. That booking has been done a long time now. I honestly don't think Metallica would be the big thing. Yes they've not played for years but Metallica haven't exactly not toured. I think Reading is more likely. Is it worth the extra stage stuff to get AC/DC again.

Eh? Metallica are a BIG thing for Download, they are the biggest metal band of all time. lol

25 minutes ago, jump said:

Eh? Metallica are a BIG thing for Download, they are the biggest metal band of all time. lol

I'm not disregarding that but it's not like Tool where they've not toured for years. Metallica haven't played Download for whatever reason when they easily could have.

You didn't need to go to Download to see them. Whereas, Rage are rare, Download to get Knotfest would be considered a get! And although SOAD aren't everyone's must now, they won't be playing any other festival in the UK. Even when they did their own date, it was one Wembley Arena date. 

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not disregarding that but it's not like Tool where they've not toured for years. Metallica haven't played Download for whatever reason when they easily could have.

You didn't need to go to Download to see them. Whereas, Rage are rare, Download to get Knotfest would be considered a get! And although SOAD aren't everyone's must now, they won't be playing any other festival in the UK. Even when they did their own date, it was one Wembley Arena date. 

The key word being used is "big", not rare or get. 'tellica will still draw a bigger crowd as they are on a different level even a Knotfest which I'm not sure how it's a "get" for you.

And not that it matters as 'tallica on size alone are a bigger draw regardless of rareness, by the time next year rolls around Rage, TOOL, Slipknot etc would have played more UK shows in the last 4 years than Metallica have.

Barring an AC/DC final ever UK show, Metallica would be the biggest booking possible for Download. Yes, they’ve toured over here regularly in the interim, but Download has thousands upon thousands of loyal, year-in-year-out punters who haven’t seen ‘Tallica on their home turf for a decade. It would be a gigantic booking and would be welcomed so. 

RATM would also be big but they don’t have the same reverence as Metallica and aren’t as big. SOAD are no surprise at all and would be a boring choice yet again. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Knotfest isn't really a get, Slipknot play every 2-4 years and the rest is just a bunch of bands who would play Download anyway. RATM haven't played the UK since 2011 until now and it's Leeds + Reading where a lot of the usual DL crowd will outright refuse to go, makes sense.

Faith No More 100% need to headline the 2nd stage in 2023. Please. Or just open for a headliner, whatever. 

13 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Knotfest isn't really a get, Slipknot play every 2-4 years and the rest is just a bunch of bands who would play Download anyway. RATM haven't played the UK since 2011 until now and it's Leeds + Reading where a lot of the usual DL crowd will outright refuse to go, makes sense.

Faith No More 100% need to headline the 2nd stage in 2023. Please. Or just open for a headliner, whatever. 

I get the Slipknot thing, but it's still pretty good for Download to have got it rather than they do a Knotfest UK date and then Download still books them or such like. They can book it as Knotfest at Downloads 20th Anniversary, a Country where they are probably as big as anywhere they are completely bar Iowa. Download have also already had AC/DC with Malcolm Young, would they really go for them without him?

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Download have also already had AC/DC with Malcolm Young, would they really go for them without him?

Oh aye, Young or not they're legends and it will have been 13 years since their lost spot. Would be a huge get.

Metallica / RATM / ACDC would be the biggest Download of all time but I've a feeling that's just too big. 

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’s like an AI has created a Download fan. Stadium bands? Not proven enough. Only Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd can headline. 

No wonder Download book such boring headliners when even the biggest hard rock band of all time and the biggest metal band of all time aren’t considered big.

Anyone interested in going to Download Festival let me know, I'm selling tickets as an ambassador for the festival. Reduced booking fee through me than it is from ticketmaster. Hit me up if anyone needs weekend tickets.
Sold 11 tickets already and looking to try to get another 5 sold to get a ticket for my friend, it would be a huge help to our group! 
Anyone interested just send me an email and I'll get a link sent out via the pollen ticket selling system.

Cheers!

Will 

Leviathan_force@hotmail.co.uk