Download 2022

dannymichaels

6 hours ago, jump said:

Bring Me would be a good shout but there's an old story floating (that may or may not be true) about that Bring Me said no to headlining Download when they were offered it last minute when someone else pulled out as they wanted to be first choice or nothing. 

I've not bothered checking who's actually free during Download but just look Hellfest which is the week before and other Euro rawk fests who have Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Guns n Roses, Aerosmith, Foo Fighters etc about so there could be a decent upgrade on KISS if they do pull out.

Personally I'd like to see them use this as a chance to take a punt with the deflecting shield of it was an emergency booking. Bump up someone like Ghost, KoRn or Five Finger Death Punch who are close to headline status anyway or try booking someone who is outside of the typical Download booking like Queens Of The Stone Age, Royal Blood or The Cure to add diveristy of the headliners pool.

Not quite. The BMTH story is that they were originally asked to headline and then when Rammstein became available, they were asked to bump down to sub them and they told them where to go. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Doesn’t one of KISS have COVID? Maybe they’ll all shit their pants and come to terms with their mortality and pull out for the safety of each other…

BMTH would be perfect because R&L is already sold out so it wouldn’t make a difference to sales. If they’re free, Sevenfold would make sense if they’re in Europe at the time. 

I think Avenged are playing European festivals in June so definitely possible unless there’s another heavy festival to be announced in the UK as Metallica, Avenged and Slipknot are in Europe with no UK dates this summer. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Not quite. The BMTH story is that they were originally asked to headline and then when Rammstein became available, they were asked to bump down to sub them and they told them where to go. 

Ah okay. If that’s the case then why are so many Download goers giving Bring Me shit for pulling out? It seems reasonable enough to me.

12 hours ago, foolee said:

I think Avenged are playing European festivals in June so definitely possible unless there’s another heavy festival to be announced in the UK as Metallica, Avenged and Slipknot are in Europe with no UK dates this summer. 

Knotfest UK still feels possible but would expect to hear something soon.

Metallica I think 2023. There are quite a few European countries they would normally hit up on a tour that have no 2022 date scheduled. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...