Download 2022

dannymichaels

1 hour ago, foolee said:

If you think Graspop makes Download look bad don’t look at the Hellfest lineup. 

Haha well Hellfest is blowing every other fest out of the field next year. But asides from Aerosmith it's strange Download aren't getting all the bands Graspop are. I wonder if some will be at a Knotfest UK but still. 

9 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Haha well Hellfest is blowing every other fest out of the field next year. But asides from Aerosmith it's strange Download aren't getting all the bands Graspop are. I wonder if some will be at a Knotfest UK but still. 

It’s bizarre with so many heavy bands touring Europe that Download isn’t a better lineup. I think some must be at Knotfest UK, more as a Metallica support (BST or day event) and Avenged Sevenfold will pop up somewhere as well unless they just do a couple of arena shows.

There’s enough bands touring that there’s a bit of a gap in the market or scope for another Download weekend.

Edited by foolee

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Download should do themselves a favour and move Spiritbox to a mainstage spot. They are getting alot of attention and tucked away on 4th is a wasted opportunity. 

They never do this. Every year since about 2016, they’ve the exciting, up and coming bands with lots of hype around them on the third and fourth stages. They don’t give a shit about promoting newer, younger bands full stop - not just headliners. Code Orange being on second next year is a madness. They’re a main stage band. 

Speaking of acts on the lower stages I've surprised Bokassa aren't bigger. I would have thought Metalica having them as their support on tour would put a rocket on them but they are still playing the same venues. If 'tallica see enough in an almost unknown band to open for them you'd think that would be good enough for Download too.

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They never do this. Every year since about 2016, they’ve the exciting, up and coming bands with lots of hype around them on the third and fourth stages. They don’t give a shit about promoting newer, younger bands full stop - not just headliners. Code Orange being on second next year is a madness. They’re a main stage band. 

Yeah it's very frustrating. I know I disagree with you over some potential headliners but yeah deffo agree they don't do anywhere near enough to promote new bands.

7 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah it's very frustrating. I know I disagree with you over some potential headliners but yeah deffo agree they don't do anywhere near enough to promote new bands.

those bands doesn't have to be necessarily future headliners, but look at Trivium for example. they were almost unknown and played very early on mainstage in 2005 and according to the band that show boosted their career

• 2 weeks later...

The new Biffy album is really, really good. Makes me even more excited for their headline slot next June. I’ve had a go at putting together a realistic setlist: 

1. DumDum

2. North of No South 

3. That Golden Rule 

4. A Hunger In Your Haunt

5. Tiny Indoor Fireworks

6. Biblical 

7. 57 

8. Who’s Got a Match? 

9. Instant History 

10. Mountains 

11. Black Chandelier 

12. End Of 

13. Space  

14. Wolves of Winter  

15. Unknown Male 01

16. There’s No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake

17. The Champ 

18. The Captain  

19. Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies

20. Bubbles 

21. Many of Horror 

22. Different People 

23. Cop Syrup 

24. Machines 

On 10/27/2021 at 9:15 PM, gabrielomachado said:

what about Mudvayne being 3rd down on Friday? they were on the first leaked Hellfest lineup, i'm beginning to think they are waiting for the current US festival run to end to announce a whole tour in 2022

Can't see them being that high up. They were never that big in the UK tbh. Maybe one of the other main stage slits though there is a couple left on the Sunday, though as I mentioned before if Download have any sense they'd move Spiritbox to one of those. Clashfinder also thinks the second stage slot on Saturday before Mastodon is free and I could see them doing that. 

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

So if KISS did pull out due to virus, who do you reckon a good replacement would be? Could BMTH do RandL and Download? Muse? Bump up anyone on the lineup?

Bring Me would be a good shout but there's an old story floating (that may or may not be true) about that Bring Me said no to headlining Download when they were offered it last minute when someone else pulled out as they wanted to be first choice or nothing. 

I've not bothered checking who's actually free during Download but just look Hellfest which is the week before and other Euro rawk fests who have Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Guns n Roses, Aerosmith, Foo Fighters etc about so there could be a decent upgrade on KISS if they do pull out.

Personally I'd like to see them use this as a chance to take a punt with the deflecting shield of it was an emergency booking. Bump up someone like Ghost, KoRn or Five Finger Death Punch who are close to headline status anyway or try booking someone who is outside of the typical Download booking like Queens Of The Stone Age, Royal Blood or The Cure to add diveristy of the headliners pool.

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t one of KISS have COVID? Maybe they’ll all shit their pants and come to terms with their mortality and pull out for the safety of each other…

BMTH would be perfect because R&L is already sold out so it wouldn’t make a difference to sales. If they’re free, Sevenfold would make sense if they’re in Europe at the time. 

Edited by Andre91