Download 2022

dannymichaels

I think tomorrow's announcement will give a good indication of if Slam Dunk have rebooked ADTR again. I don't see them turning up at Reading going by reports of heavier acts. Most of the people I know who like heavier music just wouldn't attend Reading now as it's direction is too far gone. Also hoping for AFI news as they may indicate if Trees have rebooked them for 2022. JEW and AFI would be a very good start there.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think tomorrow's announcement will give a good indication of if Slam Dunk have rebooked ADTR again. I don't see them turning up at Reading going by reports of heavier acts. Most of the people I know who like heavier music just wouldn't attend Reading now as it's direction is too far gone. Also hoping for AFI news as they may indicate if Trees have rebooked them for 2022. JEW and AFI would be a very good start there.

Yeah, if ADTR haven’t been rebooked for DL, they’re surely a lock for SD22. I can’t see AFI being at DL. 

16 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

They're doing that thing where the undercard is stronger than the headliners. 

Which is fine by me 

Depending who the 3rd down Friday is I can see me possibly needing a weekend ticket. I also happen to have friday and Saturday already with a new rota and ADTR and The Distillers not clashing is a good start. Currently though i would buy Friday and Sunday tickets with a weekend parking pass and drive there both days given I'm close.

30 minutes ago, 3Dimensions said:

Chances of Mastodon and Creeper clashing? I really hope not!

Yeah,That Saturday will be clash galore for me. No way I’ll be able to see Megadeth, Deftones, Mastodon, FFAF and Creeper.

Will

I’ll have to trim at least two from that list.

Edited by rivalschools.price

16 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

i reckon Frank Carter and Gojira won't be there. Frank posted something about playing R&L and already played the pilot. Gojira isn't playing any festival from 2020-21 anymore

Yup. I think if Frank was there then they would have been announced today. 3rd down I reckon similar where Yungblud was due to play at Reading.

This gives me hope though that The Offspring might be at Slam Dunk. I'd love them to be that 3rd band but they would rather just headline a medium fest.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yup. I think if Frank was there then they would have been announced today. 3rd down I reckon similar where Yungblud was due to play at Reading.

This gives me hope though that The Offspring might be at Slam Dunk. I'd love them to be that 3rd band but they would rather just headline a medium fest.

What makes you think that about The Offspring? Hellfest booked them not to headline next year, Download had them to not headline in 2020 and same with Rock am Ring, Nova Rock etc.

For me the Friday is average and not overly fussed about seeing Kiss if they're only one on.  Saturday is by far and away best day and there's loads of potential clashes.  Sunday doesn't do it for me and I'll definitely have left after either Myles or Korn 

32 minutes ago, Red Day said:

For me the Friday is average and not overly fussed about seeing Kiss if they're only one on.  Saturday is by far and away best day and there's loads of potential clashes.  Sunday doesn't do it for me and I'll definitely have left after either Myles or Korn 

Sunday by far strongest for me. I've got one band I'd bother with on Saturday bar maybe Maiden again.

Dull as hell lineup. Already got my ticket rolled over but the good news is that I won’t have to take any days off work for it. 

I finish at 2:45pm on a Friday so can be at Download for about 4pm latest so I’ll be in to see ADTR and TGI. 

Saturday I’ve got Code Orange (best band on the lineup by a country mile), Malevolence, Mastodon and Deftones who I’m super keen to see. 

Sunday, my only must see is Biffy. I guess I’ll watch KoRn again. Spiritbox and Phoxjaw would be cool to see too but I wouldn’t be hugely bothered if I didn’t see either on this occasion. 

I’ll arrive Friday evening, clear off again as soon as Biffy finishes. 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Dull as hell lineup. Already got my ticket rolled over but the good news is that I won’t have to take any days off work for it. 

I finish at 2:45pm on a Friday so can be at Download for about 4pm latest so I’ll be in to see ADTR and TGI. 

Saturday I’ve got Code Orange (best band on the lineup by a country mile), Malevolence, Mastodon and Deftones who I’m super keen to see. 

Sunday, my only must see is Biffy. I guess I’ll watch KoRn again. Spiritbox and Phoxjaw would be cool to see too but I wouldn’t be hugely bothered if I didn’t see either on this occasion. 

I’ll arrive Friday evening, clear off again as soon as Biffy finishes. 

spiritbox should be bumped to mainstage. they are getting bigger and bigger

I'm hoping there's a London hard/alt rock day fest happening as it's kinda nuts that there's so many bands about but not playing Download next year. British Summer Time had some great line ups for Green Day and Black Sabbath plus All Points East and Festival Republic's Finsbury Park shows have had some great line up for rock acts.

5 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm hoping there's a London hard/alt rock day fest happening as it's kinda nuts that there's so many bands about but not playing Download next year. British Summer Time had some great line ups for Green Day and Black Sabbath plus All Points East and Festival Republic's Finsbury Park shows have had some great line up for rock acts.

Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Judas Priest, Bring Me The Horizon, Five Finger Death Punch, Killswitch Engage, The Offspring, Ministry, Opeth, Bad Religion just to name a few.

50 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Judas Priest, Bring Me The Horizon, Five Finger Death Punch, Killswitch Engage, The Offspring, Ministry, Opeth, Bad Religion just to name a few.

Judas Priest are meant to be supporting Ozzy at his farewell show (how many years has that been delayed now) but I'm not sure if it's an exclusive thing or not.

But yeah the list is massive. Rammstein, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Slipknot, Foo Fighters, Guns n Roses, Faith No More etc all doing their own thing without Download and there's still NIN, Queens and Rage about next year too.

I'd love to see something like this next year;

All Points East gets NIN with Killing Joke, Ministry and a few others.

Finsbury Park gets Rage with Run The Jewels, Frank Carter and a few others.

Another Finsbury Park show with Queens with Clutch, Monster Magnet and a few others.

British Summer Time gets Metallica with Five Finger Death Punch, Sabaton and a few others.

Edited by jump

33 minutes ago, jump said:

All Points East gets NIN with Killing Joke, Ministry and a few others.

Unfortunately NIN are a Hellfest exclusive so won’t be seeing them on our shores until ‘23. APE seems the best bet for them though yeah - can’t really imagine them at any other U.K. festival these days.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Unfortunately NIN are a Hellfest exclusive so won’t be seeing them on our shores until ‘23. APE seems the best bet for them though yeah - can’t really imagine them at any other U.K. festival these days.

With a line up that strong I'm sure why Hellfest bothered paying for an exclusive tag on them. I tried both day and weekend tixs but it sold out instantly.