Download 2022

dannymichaels

I didn't think liking Hardwired would be such a controversial statement. lol

Metallica have done 11 albums and I'd say Hardwired is a lot better than Lulu, Load, Reload, St Anger and Death Magnetic so it should be top 6 for most people anyway. For me it's the album that got me back into listening to Metallica, after years of going to festivals and feeling like I'm forced to watch Metallica yet again and with years' worth of dud albums to find they actually did an something worth listening to more than once got me excited.

18 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

maybe an extended Download?

No chance of that, I’m afraid 😞 The admin on the official DL Forums has said before that having a Thursday of music at Download is impossible because the finishing touches are still being put on the arena on the Friday morning of the festival. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No chance of that, I’m afraid 😞 The admin on the official DL Forums has said before that having a Thursday of music at Download is impossible because the finishing touches are still being put on the arena on the Friday morning of the festival. 

what if they extend into a monday like Download Paris did in 2018?

On 8/13/2021 at 7:19 PM, jump said:

I would think they are a good fit for British Summer Time but that’s an AEG event and Metallica like to scheme with Live Nation though.

https://loudwire.com/metallica-rep-live-nation-scam/

Would be a good fit for Finsbury park like qotsa did now there's confirmed gigs there next year.

11 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Would be a good fit for Finsbury park like qotsa did now there's confirmed gigs there next year.

Given the bar system was utter shit for Queens I'd probably miss it unless there's an amazing line up. I think it might be a bit small though as the last lot of shows were 45k capacity unless they have upped it now otherwise I'd thought they would just play at Wembley or Twickenham instead.

35 minutes ago, jump said:

Given the bar system was utter shit for Queens I'd probably miss it unless there's an amazing line up. I think it might be a bit small though as the last lot of shows were 45k capacity unless they have upped it now otherwise I'd thought they would just play at Wembley or Twickenham instead.

I can imagine wembley being impossible to book as they aren't allowed that many dates there and there's years of backbookings.

Always forget Twickenham exists. That's a shout

27 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Metallica isn't playing any stadium concert for Europe next year, maybe they'll just skip UK this time

Maybe but by skipping the UK they are missing out one of the biggest paydays in terms of ticket prices and audience size in Europe and Metrallica do like paydays.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 12:32 PM, Andre91 said:

Judas Priest subbing KISS would be a cool booking going off the reception their Bloodstock headline set has received. 

I’ve got no interest in Priest but they’d go down a storm before KISS, wouldn’t they. 

Already happened in 2008 but would be great 

• 2 weeks later...