Download 2022

dannymichaels

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

This been mentioned?

https://downloadgermanyfestival.de/

Some talk about it being essentially a Metallica show as they’re pretty much just doing festivals. Increasingly odd that they weren’t tapped for UK when a replacement was needed.

Copping mentioned one of the headliners was booked already for 2022 ages ago when 2021 was still going ahead which was probably Iron Maiden so they replaced System now that they have seemed to have cancelled their fest tour plans and the other two headliners were rolled over.

Edited by jump

Yeah I think it will be Metallica in 2023. I think with SOAD and either RATM or Rammstein then too.

I hope some more Download 2022 bands get announced soon. I wonder if they are waiting till after Bloodstock as I imagine a few there will be popping up at Download. But so many non-UK bands have dropped out of Bloodstock I wonder if that's effecting plans, i.e. choosing between be rebooked for Bloodstock next year or doing Download. 

40 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah I think it will be Metallica in 2023. I think with SOAD and either RATM or Rammstein then too.

I hope some more Download 2022 bands get announced soon. I wonder if they are waiting till after Bloodstock as I imagine a few there will be popping up at Download. But so many non-UK bands have dropped out of Bloodstock I wonder if that's effecting plans, i.e. choosing between be rebooked for Bloodstock next year or doing Download. 

really hoping for Jinjer from bloodstock. would love to see bands that are playing elsewhere in 2022 like Ministry, FFDP, Evanescence and Opeth

Not sure where else to post it but… 

Joey Jordison has passed away aged 46. Peacefully in his sleep, as confirmed by his family. 

This is absolutely devastating news. 

A legend. An icon. The biggest superstar drummer to a whole generation. 

RIP Joey. 

Edited by Andre91

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Not sure where else to post it but… 

Joey Jordison has passed away aged 46. Peacefully in his sleep, as confirmed by his family. 

This is absolutely devastating news. 

A legend. An icon. The biggest superstar drummer to a whole generation. 

RIP Joey. 

didn't saw that coming, i'm feeling the same thing i felt 11 years ago when Paul died

the drummer of a generation for sure

may he rest in peace

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

don't see why they would drop from headlining Reading/Leeds to sub a declining band at a smaller festival

Because they are essentially the 'weaker' headliners. They were on the same line as Catfish and Disclosure who IMO are nowhere near main stage festival headliners. I mean Stormzy for me isn't either but neither of those are as big as any of the 3 main one's at the top. Biffy Clyro are also declining. They are doing shows that Chic and Eric Prydz are doing.

Before anyone says about the Eden Sessions. Yes they are small but are specifically designed like that and there isn't anywhere else in and around that area for gigs as far as I know.

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Because they are essentially the 'weaker' headliners. They were on the same line as Catfish and Disclosure who IMO are nowhere near main stage festival headliners. I mean Stormzy for me isn't either but neither of those are as big as any of the 3 main one's at the top. Biffy Clyro are also declining. They are doing shows that Chic and Eric Prydz are doing.

Before anyone says about the Eden Sessions. Yes they are small but are specifically designed like that and there isn't anywhere else in and around that area for gigs as far as I know.

So Eric Prydz to headline Download then?

4 minutes ago, Jericode said:

In what world are Biffy Clyro declining?

They’re not. I know I’m a massive fan but Biffy are as big now as they have been at any time in the last decade.

I guess that the #1 albums after #1 albums, arena tours after arena tours, major festival headline slots after major festival headline slots aren’t evidence enough? 

50 minutes ago, Jericode said:

In what world are Biffy Clyro declining?

Oh come on! Their last two albums were average at best, in fact the last one wasn't even average. It didn't chart in 3 countries and was notably lower in certain one's.

Headlined IOW in a year where Noel Gallagher and George Ezra were subs at major festivals. 

36 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

i was not talking of Biffy as the declining band, but Kiss. the last remaining sub spot is under Kiss, not Biffy

You mentioned headlining Reading and Leeds. And yes I know. I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed Deftones are under Maiden or I'd guess the poster would show so.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh come on! Their last two albums were average at best, in fact the last one wasn't even average. It didn't chart in 3 countries and was notably lower in certain one's.

Headlined IOW in a year where Noel Gallagher and George Ezra were subs at major festivals. 

You mentioned headlining Reading and Leeds. And yes I know. I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed Deftones are under Maiden or I'd guess the poster would show so.

The fact of whether you think the albums are ‘average at best’ is wholly subjective. It doesn’t change the fact that objectively, both went to #1 still, resulted in large arena tours and festival headline slots. 

Subjectively, Metallica have released nothing of note since Reload. However, objectively, they are still the biggest metal band on the planet. 

Also, for what it’s worth, the last album was pretty much unanimously cited as far, far better than Ellipsis.

Edited by Andre91

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What does the charts in 3 non-UK countries have to do with a UK festival? The chart positions of Ukraine's top ten and where Eric Prydz plays all seems like silly bollocks which isn't relevant to how Download books their acts.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Subjectively, Metallica have released nothing of note since Reload. However, objectively, they are still the biggest metal band on the planet. 

I disagree with that, I really liked Hardwired and it perhaps a top 5 or even top 3 Metallica album for me.