Download 2022

dannymichaels

Just as well that Papa Roach are doing Infest shows in the states back and if the year so hopefully that will come over. Drowning Pool are touring again. Surely they'll grab Limb Bizkit and with ADTR appearing on a few lineups now I reckon they might just be the KISS sub again.

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

Hellfest 2022 (7 days)

Metallica, Guns N'Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Nine Inch Nails, Bring Me The Horizon, Faith No More, Judas Priest, Five Finger Death Punch

just to name a few that are not playing Download

I find it very hard to imagine all those bands doing a European festival date and not playing UK. Could Sonisphere be about to return? Or a new fest? Cuz thats ALOT of huge bands.

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

Hellfest 2022 (7 days)

Metallica, Guns N'Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Nine Inch Nails, Bring Me The Horizon, Faith No More, Judas Priest, Five Finger Death Punch

Priest, FNM or FFDP could possibly play, none of them headlined last time they played and haven’t got any bigger since.

(I suppose you could argue that FFDP have got slightly bigger)

6 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

I find it very hard to imagine all those bands doing a European festival date and not playing UK. Could Sonisphere be about to return? Or a new fest? Cuz thats ALOT of huge bands.

Hellfest always book bigger bands though which don't play Download when Sonisphere hasn't been around as much. Just means there is option for UK dates.

BMTH I suspect maybe on a return to Reading and it'll be fine as they are British.

Could maybe see two doing a joint tour. But remember, 4 bands wouldn't have been there in a normal year.

Just about every band I want to see will be on the circuit early next year. 

Edited by thewayiam

10 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Hellfest 2022 (7 days)

This isn't confirmed yet. Are we sure it's true? It's a huge line up if true & makes Download (particularly Kiss) look very weak in comparison. 

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

This isn't confirmed yet. Are we sure it's true? It's a huge line up if true & makes Download (particularly Kiss) look very weak in comparison. 

We knew that looked weak from the off. It was said from the off, Download booking that far in advance had better options than KISS. Biffy Clyro to be fair too.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

We knew that looked weak from the off. It was said from the off, Download booking that far in advance had better options than KISS. Biffy Clyro to be fair too.

Biffy are on a brand new album. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with their booking. 

Whether you think they’re a Download headliner or not is besides the point; objectively, them headlining is a fine booking. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy are on a brand new album. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with their booking. 

Whether you think they’re a Download headliner or not is besides the point; objectively, them headlining is a fine booking. 

It's not that it's not fine but overall look how outdone that 3 is in Europe overall.

55 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's not that it's not fine but overall look how outdone that 3 is in Europe overall.

At the time of booking though, who knows if those bands were available. Biffy are a guaranteed ticket shifted here but aren’t in Europe. Getting them on an exclusive here is a no-brainier. 

KISS is such a glaringly shite booking. They were two years ago; two more years of ageing isn’t going to have done them and their performance capabilities any good. 

Maiden are Maiden and will always go down well at Download so I always expected them to be back at the earliest opportunity after not being able to make 2021. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

At the time of booking though, who knows if those bands were available. Biffy are a guaranteed ticket shifted here but aren’t in Europe. Getting them on an exclusive here is a no-brainier. 

KISS is such a glaringly shite booking. They were two years ago; two more years of ageing isn’t going to have done them and their performance capabilities any good. 

Maiden are Maiden and will always go down well at Download so I always expected them to be back at the earliest opportunity after not being able to make 2021. 

Can't disagree on Maiden and I've not seen them for ages.

Biffy are a ticket shifter but at Download I'm not do sure it's strong. We've already covered previous crowds though.

not gonna happen but imagining a sonisphere-like festival next year

Friday

Mainstage: GUNS N'ROSES / Nine Inch Nails / The Offspring

Second Stage: Infectious Grooves / Puscifer

_____

Mainstage: METALLICA / Faith No More / Bullet For My Valentine

Second Stage: Judas Priest / In Flames

_____

Mainstage: AVENGED SEVENFOLD / Five Finger Death Punch / Mudvayne

Second Stage: Whitesnake / Sabaton