Download 2022

dannymichaels

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

After RAR have The Offspring too, I'd be very surprised if Download don't.

With Megadeth confirmed as headlining second it would be tricky to slot them in assuming Killswitch are also returning, but I guess it could be something like: 

Friday: Kiss, A Day to Remember, the Offspring 

Second: Megadeth, the Distillers 

Saturday: Maiden, Deftones, Gojira 

Second: Killswitch Engage, Mastodon 

Sunday: Biffy Clyro, Korn, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes 

Second: Steel Panther, the Darkness 

10 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

With Megadeth confirmed as headlining second it would be tricky to slot them in assuming Killswitch are also returning, but I guess it could be something like: 

Friday: Kiss, A Day to Remember, the Offspring 

Second: Megadeth, the Distillers 

Saturday: Maiden, Deftones, Gojira 

Second: Killswitch Engage, Mastodon 

Sunday: Biffy Clyro, Korn, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes 

Second: Steel Panther, the Darkness 

They won't be 3rd under KISS. ADTR and them that day is zero chance. The Offspring were booked opposite KISS in 2020 for a reason. I'm think Slam Dunk may have offered them a big slot.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They won't be 3rd under KISS. ADTR and them that day is zero chance. The Offspring were booked opposite KISS in 2020 for a reason. I'm think Slam Dunk may have offered them a big slot.

But Megadeth have since taken that slot & are confirmed as second stage headliners. So either the Offspring play third down on a day, or they headline second instead of Killswitch... 

6 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

But Megadeth have since taken that slot & are confirmed as second stage headliners. So either the Offspring play third down on a day, or they headline second instead of Killswitch... 

I was slightly forgetting I think that Korn are likely to be under Biffy Clyro as that's where I'd have them.

A run of Rise Against, Volbeat, The Offspring and Biffy makes too much sense.

Korn under KISS would work given Megadeth are 2nd stage headliners.

The Offspring tour is way too big to be down in 3rd. It is a sub tour but I feel Slam Dunk may have got them topping the main stage. To be honest they should be looking at booking a bigger act now for there given you are paying £82.50 before postage for a day ticket.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I was slightly forgetting I think that Korn are likely to be under Biffy Clyro as that's where I'd have them.

A run of Rise Against, Volbeat, The Offspring and Biffy makes too much sense.

Korn under KISS would work given Megadeth are 2nd stage headliners.

The Offspring tour is way too big to be down in 3rd. It is a sub tour but I feel Slam Dunk may have got them topping the main stage. To be honest they should be looking at booking a bigger act now for there given you are paying £82.50 before postage for a day ticket.

Deftones are subbing Maiden as confirmed by Andy, Korn are subbing Biffy because they're playing elsewhere on the Friday. If Offspring are playing they're either subbing Kiss, headlining second instead of Killswitch or they're playing third down on the main stage. 

8 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Deftones are subbing Maiden as confirmed by Andy, Korn are subbing Biffy because they're playing elsewhere on the Friday. If Offspring are playing they're either subbing Kiss, headlining second instead of Killswitch or they're playing third down on the main stage. 

That's fair. Ah yes I think I saw that about Korn at Nova or something. I'm going for Slam Dunk headliner then. It's about time they did it to be fair. But enough about Slam Dunk in here.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm guessing this is the best place to put it but what a bloody tour this is overseas. 

Screenshot_20210604-191342_Instagram.jpg

I’d get a ticket to that in a heartbeat. The new album is really decent, I’m pleasantly surprised. It’s better than the last couple. The title track is bloody excellent. 

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’d get a ticket to that in a heartbeat. The new album is really decent, I’m pleasantly surprised. It’s better than the last couple. The title track is bloody excellent. 

As would I. I'm not huge on The Menzingers but still. Personally I don't think Nowhere Generation was much cop overall. Not heard the rest yet.

I'm hoping Sunday Download has 3rd stage finish before closing headliner. Rise Against, Volbeat, Descendants and Biffy Clyro would be mega. Just stick The Menzingers and Andrew WK further down on that day and I'd be happy.

Although tbh, it's the first time there is a slight chance of me being there for the weekend. Had The Offspring been booked back to headline Friday Other then I think I would as I'd have had incentive for two days. I think they have said no to Zippo headliner and rightly so based on the average tour the bands do topping them.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

As would I. I'm not huge on The Menzingers but still. Personally I don't think Nowhere Generation was much cop overall. Not heard the rest yet.

I'm hoping Sunday Download has 3rd stage finish before closing headliner. Rise Against, Volbeat, Descendants and Biffy Clyro would be mega. Just stick The Menzingers and Andrew WK further down on that day and I'd be happy.

Although tbh, it's the first time there is a slight chance of me being there for the weekend. Had The Offspring been booked back to headline Friday Other then I think I would as I'd have had incentive for two days. I think they have said no to Zippo headliner and rightly so based on the average tour the bands do topping them.

Ahh, man. The Menzingers are an incredible band. I would recommend listening to the album On The Impossible Past from start to finish; it’s unbelievable. I’d then do the same for After The Party which is just as fantastic. They’re the last band I saw before the world stopped. What a band. 

You, at a festival, for the weekend!? Must be feeling a bit nippy down in hell 😛 

19 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Limp Bizkit in any capacity please, seeing as they're at Wacken.

Bloodstock need to do the right thing and get them in a headline slot next August. People would moan but as soon as the start playing, they’d be losing their heads. One of the ultimate party bands. 

56 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ahh, man. The Menzingers are an incredible band. I would recommend listening to the album On The Impossible Past from start to finish; it’s unbelievable. I’d then do the same for After The Party which is just as fantastic. They’re the last band I saw before the world stopped. What a band. 

You, at a festival, for the weekend!? Must be feeling a bit nippy down in hell 😛 

I don't dislike them but they just aren't on a must see.

Well it does happen at Glastonbury but honestly what else is there bar Reading and Download that just don't cater now and much like for the Kendall's etc, I just don't see it happening or I'd prioritise over it. Maybe Victorious one year but in fairness I did festivals yearly between Glastonbury 2008 and TITP 2013. Plus I've continued to do Glastonbury. I did Coachella, Glastonbury and TITP in 2013 and I think that was the year it was too much. I started preferring days and the cost started getting too much, the lineups lacking quality and not worth the price.

17 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I shall do. 

@fooleeI wasn't that impressed by it to be honest but I didn't expect to be. Unfortunately rock band wise, most of who I like I see based on their older output. When it gets to a point a set includes more new than old I tend to not bother with their tours. Luckily at festivals you know what you're getting generally.

9 hours ago, beetchez said:

Personally i'd shift Megadeth to sub and have Architects headline Zippo.

What have Megadeth done exactly to move up the lineup? 

If they're booking Architects, book them as the sub. An odd fit under Kiss? Sure, but let them blow Kiss off the stage & prove to everyone that newer bands should be taking those high slots. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

What have Megadeth done exactly to move up the lineup? 

If they're booking Architects, book them as the sub. An odd fit under Kiss? Sure, but let them blow Kiss off the stage & prove to everyone that newer bands should be taking those high slots. 

100% this. Megadeth have no business playing as high as sub. I would love to see the faces of the deck chair crew waiging for God Gave Rock N Roll To You when Sam breaks into Nihilist.