Download 2022

dannymichaels

• 2 weeks later...

Mudvayne are announcing their reunion to play 4 DWP festivals in the USA this autumn. 

I am genuinely excited for this reunion.  I really hope they play Download next year.

What do we reckon position wise? I was thinking fourth down main, maybe stretching to third down? 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Mudvayne are announcing their reunion to play 4 DWP festivals in the USA this autumn. 

I am genuinely excited for this reunion.  I really hope they play Download next year.

What do we reckon position wise? I was thinking fourth down main, maybe stretching to third down? 

Subbing the zippo maybe

Nova rocks lineup for 2022 announced and looks OK.

Same weekend as download, so some of those bands I would expect to see on the bill. Includes

Five Finger Death Punch

Black Veil Brides

While She Sleeps

The Offspring 

The Pretty Reckless

Rise Against

Billy Talent

Bad Religion 

Of Mice and Men

Steel Panther

Skillet

Distillers

Bring me the Horizon?

24 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

KISS / Alter Bridge / Megadeth / Airbourne

2nd: The Offspring / Rise Against

______

IRON MAIDEN / Five Finger Death Punch / Gojira / Mastodon

2nd: Killswitch Engage / The Distillers

___

BIFFY CLYRO / Architects / Disturbed / The Pretty Reckless

2nd: Volbeat / Steel Panther

Rise Against would arguably headline that themselves. I'm hoping The Offspring ask for better than that.

Steel Panther would headline 2nd. I'd be pissed if Download took al of these. The Offspring and Rise Against are the only one's I can just about see Slam Dunk winning. But there is a chance of Download having the best of 2020 and 2021 that I liked in one. If so, I'd rather RA were 4th Sunday again and The Distillers were 2nd Sunday but I'd lose someone either way. Stick Bad Religion on there and I might have to go, that's right up my street.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Rise Against would arguably headline that themselves. I'm hoping The Offspring ask for better than that.

Steel Panther would headline 2nd. I'd be pissed if Download took al of these. The Offspring and Rise Against are the only one's I can just about see Slam Dunk winning. But there is a chance of Download having the best of 2020 and 2021 that I liked in one. If so, I'd rather RA were 4th Sunday again and The Distillers were 2nd Sunday but I'd lose someone either way. Stick Bad Religion on there and I might have to go, that's right up my street.

normally both Steel Panther and Rise Against would headline 2nd but i think 2022 lineup will be stacked with 2020, 2021 and 2022 bands, so some bands will have to play at lower spots than usual. for exemple bands like Maiden and Disturbed were touring european festivals in 2020 but not in 2021, SOAD were schedule for 2020 and 2021 but not 2022, Puscifer, BFMV and FFDP were not touring in 2020 but appeared in 2021 and the list goes on

6 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

normally both Steel Panther and Rise Against would headline 2nd but i think 2022 lineup will be stacked with 2020, 2021 and 2022 bands, so some bands will have to play at lower spots than usual. for exemple bands like Maiden and Disturbed were touring european festivals in 2020 but not in 2021, SOAD were schedule for 2020 and 2021 but not 2022, Puscifer, BFMV and FFDP were not touring in 2020 but appeared in 2021 and the list goes on

Yup. A lot of bands I want to see will be touring and Download/Slam Dunk will fit the bill. The problem with Download is sometimes I get the top two on the second stage and maybe another band but then that's it for the day. Or I get a headliner I like with a day bill not for me so £85 is a lot to spent. And if someone doesn't come along which isn't always the case then it's fuel plus a weekends parking cost. I guess that's kinda why I snapped up The Offspring tickets already as if they do play and their sub isn't for me it's win win. But last year for example I had The Offspring, The Distillers and Lacuna Coil and to justify the best part of £105 for it.

Edited by thewayiam

half-wish / half-realistic lineup

KISS / Judas Priest / Megadeth

The Offspring

____

Iron Maiden / Deftones / Killswitch Engage

Volbeat

___

BIFFY CLYRO / Architects / Gojira

Korn

realistic lineup

KISS / Alter Bridge / Megadeth

The Offspring

___

IRON MAIDEN / Five Finger Death Punch / Gojira

Killswitch Engage

___

BIFFY CLYRO / Deftones / Frank Carter

Steel Panther

6 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Every year I live in hope they'll book bands like Architects, BMTH, Foo Fighters etc and every year they seem to book the same 'safe' house bands. If only Nova Rock was in rural Derbyshire

This does kinda confirm that Download won't change the lineup until the festival actually happens, for better or worse. If for some bizarre reason it doesn't happen next year, this will be pretty much the 2023 lineup with one act replaced with SOAD. If that doesn't happen, it'll be the 2024 lineup etc.

3 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

This does kinda confirm that Download won't change the lineup until the festival actually happens, for better or worse. If for some bizarre reason it doesn't happen next year, this will be pretty much the 2023 lineup with one act replaced with SOAD. If that doesn't happen, it'll be the 2024 lineup etc.

Avenged Sevenfold, Aerosmith and System Of A Down 2023 

3 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

All depends on what was specified in each band's contract and how much cash they have left in the bank after two rough years. I hope they do push the boat out when they can start fresh with a blank slate

14 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

Well to be fair, they've rolled over tickets for people that bought to see this line up. They're in between a rock and a hard place really.

With Reading going in a pop direction and Download sticking with the old guard it’s strange that there’s no place for the bands that fall in between to the two.

There doesn’t seem to be a place for more modern metal bands like BMTH, While She Sleeps, Gojira and Architects. Which is strange as they seem to be releasing critically acclaimed, well selling albums.

Edited by rivalschools.price

KISS / Alter Bridge / Volbeat / Black Label Society / Monster Truck / Theory / Wayward Sons 

Megadeth / Distillers 

The Ghost Inside 

Electric Wizard 

Iron Maiden / KoRn / Gojira / The Pretty Reckless / Alestorm / Powerwolf / Those Damn Crows / The Raven Age 

Killswitch Engage / Mastodon 

Funeral For A Friend 

Sepultura 

Biffy Clyro / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Rise Against / Code Orange / Jinjer / Thy Art Is Murder / Wage War 

Steel Panther / The Darkness 

Descendants 

Periphery 

That's what we will end up with, I think. It should be Architects subbing. It should be The Offspring headlining 2nd on Friday. It should be Sabaton playing in a logo position. I doubt we will get any of those. 

I understand that they are, as said above, flogging the festival to people who have mostly rolled their tickets over for the last two years so the lineup is doing the same but it was a stale looking lineup in 2020, it's even worse in 2022. 

This festival is really stuck in a rut. 

Edited by Andre91

28 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

KISS / Alter Bridge / Volbeat / Black Label Society / Monster Truck / Theory / Wayward Sons 

Megadeth / Distillers 

The Ghost Inside 

Electric Wizard 

Iron Maiden / KoRn / Gojira / The Pretty Reckless / Alestorm / Powerwolf / Those Damn Crows / The Raven Age 

Funeral For A Friend 

Sepultura 

Biffy Clyro / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Rise Against / Code Orange / Jinjer / Thy Art Is Murder / Wage War 

Descendants 

Periphery 

That's what we will end up with, I think. It should be Architects subbing. It should be The Offspring headlining 2nd on Friday. It should be Sabaton playing in a logo position. I doubt we will get any of those. 

I understand that they are, as said above, flogging the festival to people who have mostly rolled their tickets over for the last two years so the lineup is doing the same but it was a stale looking lineup in 2020, it's even worse in 2022. 

Deftones?

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Megadeth / Distillers 

The Ghost Inside 

Electric Wizard 

Funeral For A Friend 

Sepultura 

Descendants 

Periphery 

Deftones are subbing one of the days. The final sub will be Alter Bridge, ADTR or Architects.

Edit: Saw the error. 

Yeah, this lineup is (in my opinion) the worst yet. First time I saw the 2020 lineup I groaned, so to see pretty much the same lineup rolled over twice with even less bands I would've liked to have seen (PUP, The Menzingers for example) isn't very encouraging. Just makes me wonder what kind of bands would've been booked for 21/22 if not for Covid...

Edited by dannymichaels

53 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

With Reading going in a pop direction and Download sticking with the old guard it’s strange that there’s no place for the bands that fall in between to the two.

There doesn’t seem to be a place for more modern metal bands like BMTH, While She Sleeps, Gojira and Architects. Which is strange as they seem to be releasing critically acclaimed, well selling albums.

I completely agree, it wouldn't take much to bump a lot of the bands you mention above higher up the bill to replace the same rotation of headliners we currently have. BMTH, Gojira, Architects will be chomping at the bit for high slots. Every other festival is moving with the times but Download just seems to be stagnating. Not all these bands would fit the MS in this order or go down well but something like the below would freshen things up:

FRI: Gojira -  Deftones - Royal Blood - YMAS - Machine Gun Kelly

SAT: BMTH - Architects - Enter Shikari - Frank Carter - While She Sleeps

SUN: Biffy Clyro - ADTR - Idles - The Pretty Reckless - Black Veil Brides