Download 2022

dannymichaels

Le 11/08/2020 à 14:47, Spiral_Low a déclaré:

Judas Priest organise des festivals en 2021 et se dirige aussi, je doute donc qu'ils en fassent en 2022.

On 14/08/2020 at 23:31, justanothername said:

Même alors, je dirais que Cane Hill pousse la définition de «passionnant» : lol:. Je suppose que DL a le sentiment qu'il devrait garder ce type d'actes jusqu'au stade Avalanche. Je me souviens quand la scène a été annoncée il y a quelques années et que les commentaires sur les médias sociaux étaient que "gardez ce truc à ce stade". Les bookers ont-ils pris cela à la lettre et ont décidé de mettre certains actes en quarantaine?

Peut-être une autre raison est l'augmentation croissante de la concurrence. Slam Dunk, transfers Caen, 2000trees, Bloodstock et Outbreak ont tous beaucoup augmenté au cours des dernières années, tandis que le téléchargement semble stagner. Je ne vois pas en quoi ce serait un problème car je suppose que beaucoup de groupes accepteraient une place sur la scène principale pour l'exposition et sauteraient ces festivals pour l'année.

En 2022? Je pense qu'il vont toujours continuer pour plusieurs raisons, du fait que c'est plus qu'une passion pour eux

It’s probably unlikely to happen but with Slam Dunk hinting that they could be moving to later on in the year (possibly September like 2020s festival initially), I think it’d be really cool if Download could do a one day, no camping, reduced lineup festival of British based bands if international travel is still a bit no-go for some European countries and the USA. 

Again, it’s probably not even possible due to conflicting schedules and even Donington Park being unavailable in September (for example) but it’d be cool nonetheless, I think anyway. 

Edited by Andre91

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s probably unlikely to happen but with Slam Dunk hinting that they could be moving to later on in the year (possibly September like 2020s festival initially), I think it’d be really cool if Download could do a one day, no camping, reduced lineup festival of British based bands if international travel is still a bit no-go for some European countries and the USA. 

Again, it’s probably not even possible due to conflicting schedules and even Donington Park being unavailable in September (for example) but it’d be cool nonetheless, I think anyway. 

Yeah I think they should try to do something. To be fair I think a few US bands would come over and do a 2 week quarantine if they could play a few dates. 

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It sounds like an excuse for them get Def Leppard to headline again 😜

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

well, at least we can be sure that we'll never get another awful sub / 2nd headliner set by Marilyn Manson

Are you talking about Evan Rachel Wood? People have known about that for years and it didn't stop his bookings. Plus it didn't stop them booking Down with Mr White Power, it was only because Down themselves pulled out that they didn't play.

32 minutes ago, jump said:

Are you talking about Evan Rachel Wood? People have known about that for years and it didn't stop his bookings. Plus it didn't stop them booking Down with Mr White Power, it was only because Down themselves pulled out that they didn't play.

he's being accused of sexual/emotional abuse by multiple women and also losing contracts, managers etc. saw some news today that he will be charged for human traffic. i am suspicious to talk because i never liked his songs and performance and attitude but i guess this man's career is over

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think Manson is going to prison for a long time. He isn’t getting booked for anything ever again. 

Even if he doesn’t go to prison, he’s done as a recording or performing artist yeah. Guy’s been dodging this bullet for a long time and I was surprised he didn’t go down with the initial Me Too stuff, but there’s no coming back from this now.

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Even if he doesn’t go to prison, he’s done as a recording or performing artist yeah. Guy’s been dodging this bullet for a long time and I was surprised he didn’t go down with the initial Me Too stuff, but there’s no coming back from this now.

Can't help but think many of his songs link but not thought of like that from the off. I've only seen him once and he was very average. Turbonegra were the support so it didn't start well and there was an hours break.

realistic / wishlist assuming 2021 will not happen

Thursday (Mainstage only)

IRON MAIDEN / Alter Bridge / Megadeth / Mastodon / In This Moment / The Raven Age

___

Friday

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE / Korn /  Trivium / Papa Roach / Code Orange / August Burns Red / Loathe

Ghost / Rival Sons

__

Saturday

METALLICA / Five Finger Death Punch / Gojira / The Pretty Reckless / Bury Tomorrow / Sepultura / Jinjer / Bokassa

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Distillers

___

Sunday

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Deftones / Killswitch Engage / Rise Against / Puscifer / Poppy / Wage War / Thy Art Is Murder

Sabaton / Alestorm

• 2 weeks later...

Glad Maiden is there. Honestly Kiss I’m not bothered for and Biffy I’ve seen on 3 different occasions, so not too fussed. Maiden I’ve seen countless times but there one of the best live bands.

Day ticket atm for me but intrigued / excited to see the rest of the lineup.

I imagine SOAD have plans for their own tour in 22, hence the not been on the lineup

Maybe the earliest prediction I’ve ever done? Anyway. I think we will get some of the 2020 bands back who couldn’t make 2021 (Offspring, Disturbed, Babymetal, Thy Art) and I think some bands will get snapped up by other festivals like Slam Dunk (ADTR, Rise Against). I think we will get a bit of a hybrid of the 2020 and 2021 lineups with a fair few new bands in there too. 

KISS / Alter Bridge / Megadeth / The Pretty Reckless / Avatar / Blues Pills / Wayward Sons

The Offspring / Beartooth

While She Sleeps 

Heilung

Iron Maiden / Deftones / Gojira / Mudvayne / Alestorm / Powerwolf / Those Damn Crows / Bad Wolves 

Sabaton (early finish) / Greta Van Fleet 

Funeral For A Friend 

Sepultura

Biffy Clyro / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Babymetal / Code Orange / Jinjer / Thy Art Is Murder / Wage War 

Disturbed / Clutch

Descendants 

Cannibal Corpse

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

KISS / Alter Bridge / Megadeth / The Darkness / The Pretty Reckless / Monster Truck / Whiskey Myers

Killswitch Engage / The Distillers

IRON MAIDEN / Deftones / Gojira / Rise Against / Alestorm / Powerwolf / Those Damn Crows / The Raven Age

Volbeat (finishing early)/ Steel Panther

BIFFY CLYRO / Architects / Disturbed / Mastodon / Sepultura / Creeper / Thy Art Is Murder / Wage War

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Puscifer

KISS / A Day To Remember / Within Temptation / Black Veil Brides / The Ghost Inside / Fever 333 / I Don't Know How But They Found Me

Disturbed / Papa Roach

Hollywood Undead

Sepultura

---

MAIDEN / Royal Blood / Gojira / The Pretty Reckless / PUP / The Used / Creeper / Sumo Cyco

Volbeat / Babymetal

State Champs

Spiritbox

---

BIFFY / Architects / Frank Carter / While She Sleeps / Jinjer / Bowling For Soup / Northlane / Wage War

Killswitch Engage / Mastodon

Poppy

Periphery

5 hours ago, Dukey said:

Biffy // Architects // Frank Carter & TR // Rise Against would be a lovely little way to end the weekend

Hoping Slam Dunk pick up Rise Against. They've got to put a much better lineup out next year imo.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Maybe the earliest prediction I’ve ever done? Anyway. I think we will get some of the 2020 bands back who couldn’t make 2021 (Offspring, Disturbed, Babymetal, Thy Art) and I think some bands will get snapped up by other festivals like Slam Dunk (ADTR, Rise Against). I think we will get a bit of a hybrid of the 2020 and 2021 lineups with a fair few new bands in there too. 

KISS / Alter Bridge / Megadeth / The Pretty Reckless / Avatar / Blues Pills / Wayward Sons

The Offspring / Beartooth

While She Sleeps 

Heilung

Iron Maiden / Deftones / Gojira / Mudvayne / Alestorm / Powerwolf / Those Damn Crows / Bad Wolves 

Sabaton (early finish) / Greta Van Fleet 

Funeral For A Friend 

Sepultura

Biffy Clyro / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Babymetal / Code Orange / Jinjer / Thy Art Is Murder / Wage War 

Disturbed / Clutch

Descendants 

Cannibal Corpse

Hopefully they get snapped up to do the PID at Slam Dunk.

But also I am fine with this lineup as it's one less weekend to book off work.

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

KISS / Alter Bridge / Megadeth / The Darkness / The Pretty Reckless / Monster Truck / Whiskey Myers

Killswitch Engage / The Distillers

IRON MAIDEN / Deftones / Gojira / Rise Against / Alestorm / Powerwolf / Those Damn Crows / The Raven Age

Volbeat (finishing early)/ Steel Panther

BIFFY CLYRO / Architects / Disturbed / Mastodon / Sepultura / Creeper / Thy Art Is Murder / Wage War

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Puscifer

I don't see these two back 3rd time of asking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MS: KISS, Rob Zombie, Greta Van Fleet, Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandra, Sumo Cyco, Puppy Zippo: Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes, While She Sleeps Avalanche: New Found Glory, Crossfaith Dogtooth: Godspeed You Black Emperor, Zeal & Ardor 

MS: IRON MAIDEN, Deftones, Gojira, Dropkick Murphys, Rival Sons, Jinjer, Bokassa, Venom Prison Zippo: Pendulum, Idles Avalanche: Alkaline Trio, Creeper Dogtooth: Converge, Greg Puciato 

MS: BIFFY CLYRO, Architects, Enter Shikari, Good Charlotte, Neck Deep, Ash, Black Peaks, Blood Youth Zippo: Sabaton, Down Avalanche: Suicidal Tendencies, Turnstile Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut, Perturbator, John Carpenter. 

• Upvote 2