Download 2022

dannymichaels

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 5:21 PM, jump said:

Ghost have a new album out this year  :) and then a full tour next year, I'd imagine they would then hit the festivals the following summer. They must be on Download's want list for 2022.

Fuck sake, Tobias has now clarified and said they are recording the album this winter and releasing it after summer 2021. I was looking forward to actually looking forward to something this year.

Edited by jump

Bring Me The Horizon, Marilyn Manson, Enter Shikari, Idles, Therapy?, Creeper, Fangclub, Lotus Eater Zippo: Sabaton Avalanche: The Menzingers Dogtooth: Mr. Bungle 

Nine Inch Nails, Faith No More, Architects, Anthrax, Bury Tomorrow, Ghostemane, Crossfaith, Loathe Zippo: Bullet For My Valentine Avalance: While She Sleeps Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut 

AC/DC, Ghost, Greta Van Fleet, Down, Baroness, Airbourne, Bokassa, Alien Weponary, Puppy Zippo: Nothing But Thevies Avalanche: Glassjaw Dogtooth: Russian Circles

Secret Set: The Offspring in the Avalance and Meshuggah in the Dogtooth. 

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

Bring Me The Horizon, Marilyn Manson, Enter Shikari, Idles, Therapy?, Creeper, Fangclub, Lotus Eater Zippo: Sabaton Avalanche: The Menzingers Dogtooth: Mr. Bungle 

Nine Inch Nails, Faith No More, Architects, Anthrax, Bury Tomorrow, Ghostemane, Crossfaith, Loathe Zippo: Bullet For My Valentine Avalance: While She Sleeps Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut 

AC/DC, Ghost, Greta Van Fleet, Down, Baroness, Airbourne, Bokassa, Alien Weponary, Puppy Zippo: Nothing But Thevies Avalanche: Glassjaw Dogtooth: Russian Circles

Secret Set: The Offspring in the Avalance and Meshuggah in the Dogtooth. 

Lots to like here. Ghostemane on the Main would be a great booking and Shikari are long, long overdue a decent Main Stage slot. 

The Offspring and Meshuggah are both big band and wouldn’t be secret sets. Download would book them in big slots (Second Stage headliner and sub respectively) to sell some tickets. 

Nothing But Thieves would go down terribly at R&L. They’re a bit too Radio 1 indie for DL, I think. 

Ghost headline the next time they play and Architects would sub these days, especially in 2022 when with a new album in tow. 

Nine Inch Nails aren’t a headliner in the country for a festival the size of Download, even though it would be an awesome booking. 

METALLICA / Ghost / Trivium / Jinjer / Static-X / Ego Kill Talent / Bokassa

2nd: Don Broco

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / Enter Shikari / Limp Bizkit / While She Sleeps / Creeper / Lotus Eater

2nd: Sabaton

AVENGED SEVENFOLD / Five Finger Death Punch / Megadeth / Babymetal / Ministry / Anthrax / Bad Wolves / Loathe

2nd: Behemoth

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Lots to like here. Ghostemane on the Main would be a great booking and Shikari are long, long overdue a decent Main Stage slot. 

The Offspring and Meshuggah are both big band and wouldn’t be secret sets. Download would book them in big slots (Second Stage headliner and sub respectively) to sell some tickets. 

Nothing But Thieves would go down terribly at R&L. They’re a bit too Radio 1 indie for DL, I think. 

Ghost headline the next time they play and Architects would sub these days, especially in 2022 when with a new album in tow. 

Nine Inch Nails aren’t a headliner in the country for a festival the size of Download, even though it would be an awesome booking. 

Shikari should have subbed/3rd on the mindsweep instead of headlining the Zippo. Are Architects really a sub band? Or have I missed something in the past 10 years? 

11 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Shikari should have subbed/3rd on the mindsweep instead of headlining the Zippo. Are Architects really a sub band? Or have I missed something in the past 10 years? 

Architects have sold out Ally Pally and played a well sold Wembley show in the last couple of years. They’re as big as BMTH were when they subbed R&L. They’re definitely big enough to sub Download :) 

On 11/10/2020 at 5:46 PM, Andre91 said:

Five Finger Death Punch / Marilyn Manson / Lamb of God 

Behemoth 

Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Limp Bizkit 

Amon Amarth 

Metallica / Trivium / Sabaton 

Within Temptation 

Don't think this has a chance of being correct myself.

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Architects have sold out Ally Pally and played a well sold Wembley show in the last couple of years. They’re as big as BMTH were when they subbed R&L. They’re definitely big enough to sub Download :) 

It's whether they actually want to or not. Personally I think there is more chance of them subbing Reading.

I think 2022 will probs have at least 2 headliners from: Metallica, Rammstein, RATM, Pearl Jam, NIN, Iron Maiden

All of those bands will probs be touring based on current plans or plans before Covid struck. I think Rammstein in particular given their previous expressed intention to tour stadiums and fests on this cycle, and so far havent done any fests. Plus they are in/have been in studio recording so should have new material to play as well as the latest album.

RATM I think maybe were planned for Download 2022 all along and thats why they aren't doing Reading/Leeds? Plus they would of seen the backlash against their booking and thought you know what lets go to somewhere fans actually appreciate their music.

Metallica long overdue a return and doing those 5 doubles at fests in US implies they are in festival mood so a Euro fest run makes sense. Plus they did stadiums last time so alternating stadiums and fests is a sensiable way to keep the fans happy and the money flowing in.

Pearl Jam obvs doing BTS next year and are a band Copping tried for before, so would expect them to be asked for 2022. 

NIN I just think its about time tbh. And Trent had a kid start of 2020 so imagine he'd be touring again come 2022.

Iron Maidsn obvs meant to do 2020, decided no to 2021 so maybe doing 2022 instead.

Edited by Spiral_Low

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Chemical Romance, Placebo, The Offspring, All Time Low, Neck Deep, Creeper, Fangclub, Wargasm

Zippo: Meshuggah Avalance: Ghostemane Dogtooth: Zeal & Ardor

Bring Me The Horizon, Royal Blood, Enter Shikari, Don Broco, Mike Shinoda, Dance Gavin Dance, Nova Twins, Palm Reader

Zippo: Rob Zombie Avalance: Every Time I Die Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut 

Metallica, Architects, Trivium, Behemoth, Therapy?, Devildriver Bokassa, Puppy, Warish 

Zippo: Run The Jewels Avalance: Idles Dogtooth: Sunn 0)))

2 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

My Chemical Romance, Placebo, The Offspring, All Time Low, Neck Deep, Creeper, Fangclub, Wargasm

Zippo: Meshuggah Avalance: Ghostemane Dogtooth: Zeal & Ardor

Bring Me The Horizon, Royal Blood, Enter Shikari, Don Broco, Mike Shinoda, Dance Gavin Dance, Nova Twins, Palm Reader

Zippo: Rob Zombie Avalance: Every Time I Die Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut 

Metallica, Architects, Trivium, Behemoth, Therapy?, Devildriver Bokassa, Puppy, Warish 

Zippo: Run The Jewels Avalance: Idles Dogtooth: Sunn 0)))

No chance unfortunately of getting that 6 in a row in one day on Friday.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Assuming that 2022 will be an entirely new lineup (whether 2021 goes ahead or not), I've put this together as it's been a slow day: 

mf6tSSX.jpg

Obviously there would be more bands on the lower stages but I couldn't fit many more on than there is already. 

That Friday main stage is something else 

• 2 weeks later...

BRING ME THE HORIZON     |      IRON MAIDEN      |            MUSE

A DAY TO REMEMBER                     GHOST                      ARCHITECTS

BABYMETAL                    WITHIN TEMPTATION       ENTER SHIKARI

GOJIRA             |            KILLSWITCH ENGAGE       |          DISTURBED

MASTODON                    BLACK VEIL BRIDES            WHILE SHE SLEEPS

On 1/11/2021 at 4:01 PM, Andre91 said:

Assuming that 2022 will be an entirely new lineup (whether 2021 goes ahead or not), I've put this together as it's been a slow day: 

mf6tSSX.jpg

Obviously there would be more bands on the lower stages but I couldn't fit many more on than there is already. 

This is unreal but especially main stage Friday, absolutely take my money