Download 2022

dannymichaels

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Looks great, but also far too strong. Pearl Jam are unfortunately still a bit of a pipe dream for Download, and I don’t think Pixies would ever be booked, especially not as a sub, as good as it’d be.

Not exactly, they were booked in 2013 before they pulled the first half of their European tour (they didn't pull out because Vodaphone leaked it contray to popular belief, they'd pulled out before that & Vodaphone were working with an old graphic.)

But that shows they're not against playing Download. 

Edit: Pearl Jam I mean. I agree with you on Pixies unfortunately. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

11 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

well, they toured europe in 2018 and 2019 and didn't played

Yeah coose to do their own UK dates that time instead, but they did do some european festivals. And they have played Download and Sonisphere UK before, so I think they will turn up again.

• 2 weeks later...

Why have download failed to book Qotsa for headliner? I feel like there is far more crossover between metal/rock fans for Qotsa than Biffy.

Most people I know who love metal all like Kyuss and therefore quite like Qotsa. Their old stuff is bonafide stoner rock and have some alright new tunes.

Biffy on the other hand just always seem very uninspired.

31 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Why have download failed to book Qotsa for headliner? I feel like there is far more crossover between metal/rock fans for Qotsa than Biffy.

Most people I know who love metal all like Kyuss and therefore quite like Qotsa. Their old stuff is bonafide stoner rock and have some alright new tunes.

Biffy on the other hand just always seem very uninspired.

I’m sure there are reasons why it didn’t work out that way but yeah, I agree it would’ve made a bit more sense switching the two around. QOTSA are gonna die on their arses at R/L and Biffy haven’t exactly gone down amazingly with a lot of the Download crowd. QOTSA are an act Download should be chasing as a new headliner, even if they’re essentially a heritage act now.

9 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Why have download failed to book Qotsa for headliner? 

Maybe because there is a large time gap between the two festivals & Qotsa were available in August not June? - Josh & Brody can't play in the same weekend, who would look after the kid. :ninja:

In all seriousness though, Download should book them to headline sooner rather than later. 

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Maybe because there is a large time gap between the two festivals & Qotsa were available in August not June? - Josh & Brody can't play in the same weekend, who would look after the kid. :ninja:

In all seriousness though, Download should book them to headline sooner rather than later. 

I know you're joking but Josh and Brody have played at the same event before, that Finsbury Park show a few years ago had Brody on the smaller stage with Queens headlining. That was a fantastic line up ruined by one of the worst bar and queue systems imaginable!

Edited by jump

6 hours ago, KJP98 said:

On Andy Copping's appearance on Chris Jericho's podcast (from March time I believe?) he mentioned they had recently booked a 2022 headliner, I can't look past that being RATM really.

I would have thought it's Iron Maiden since it's a make up of not being available next year.

2 hours ago, jump said:

I know you're joking but Josh and Brody have played at the same event before, that Finsbury Park show a few years ago had Brody on the smaller stage with Queens headlining. That was a fantastic line up ruined by one of the worst bar and queue systems imaginable!

So they did, I was there too - awful set up, one of the worst I've ever been at. 

32 minutes ago, everest said:

Before fall 2021 they will not come back to Europe, that's why they didn't rescheduled Reading/Leeds dates.

Official statement:

" Rage Against the Machine are postponing our September European arena dates in Prague, Krakow and Vienna until such time when we are confident it will be safe for our fans. If health, local government approvals and safety permit, we will come back to Europe in fall 2021. We will let you know as soon as we have a confirmed touring plan."

Ah ok thanks. 

14 hours ago, KJP98 said:

On Andy Copping's appearance on Chris Jericho's podcast (from March time I believe?) he mentioned they had recently booked a 2022 headliner, I can't look past that being RATM really.

I would bet on the 2022 headliner being Iron Maiden after they couldn’t make it next year. 

19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy being uninspired is just an outright lie.

No it's not, Biffy Clyro are uninspired. 2016, Reading with just a 3 year gap, 2017 IOW, Download, Glastonbury. 2019 IOW again. 2021 Download again and no doubt Reading again 22 and possibly Glastonbury again next year. It's not like they aren't always around are they.

19 hours ago, Jericode said:

Imagine calling Biffy uninspired off the back of another Number One album when theyve booked SOAD again.

Oh please, that shit show The Killers just released got there too. It is not hard to get a numner 1 album these days and it's quite clear to see Biffys album is going to drop like flies now.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No it's not, Biffy Clyro are uninspired. 2016, Reading with just a 3 year gap, 2017 IOW, Download, Glastonbury. 2019 IOW again. 2021 Download again and no doubt Reading again 22 and possibly Glastonbury again next year. It's not like they aren't always around are they.

Oh please, that shit show The Killers just released got there too. It is not hard to get a numner 1 album these days and it's quite clear to see Biffys album is going to drop like flies now.

Compared to KISS and fucking SOAD, Biffy are absolutely an inspired booking. In terms of them as a live band, they are one of the most inspired bands out there. They always give it their all and visibly love what they do, the same can’t be said for the embarrassment that is System Of A Down. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Compared to KISS and fucking SOAD, Biffy are absolutely an inspired booking. In terms of them as a live band, they are one of the most inspired bands out there. They always give it their all and visibly love what they do, the same can’t be said for the embarrassment that is System Of A Down. 

I don't disagree about SOAD but I've had less chance to see them for sure. Not doubting Biffy live but they are an act whose song quality is crashing and burning.