Man walks into Wetherspoons

marathonsteve

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I don’t frequent Wetherspoons often as I’m lucky enough to be surrounded by nice wee bars and pubs where I live. However, I do have a friend who is a single parent, has the same job as me so I know it’s not amazing pay. Whenever we have a night out together we always go to spoons because it’s a cheap night out for both the drinks and food. I get what people say and if you want to boycott it then that’s obviously a choice you can make. It does however have its place. 

I do wonder however if everyone that’s boycotting Wetherspoons for the reasons listed in this thread also never shop at Amazon, Tesco etc for the same reasons. 

Edit: This is a rhetoric post. Everyone can feel free to shop where they wish. Not an attempt to call anyone out. 

That's directly in line with what I was saying earlier. I'm sure that there are masses of Wetherspoon's customers that would actually love to be able to drink heartily elsewhere, but their personal finances will not allow it.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I don’t frequent Wetherspoons often as I’m lucky enough to be surrounded by nice wee bars and pubs where I live. However, I do have a friend who is a single parent, has the same job as me so I know it’s not amazing pay. Whenever we have a night out together we always go to spoons because it’s a cheap night out for both the drinks and food. I get what people say and if you want to boycott it then that’s obviously a choice you can make. It does however have its place. 

I do wonder however if everyone that’s boycotting Wetherspoons for the reasons listed in this thread also never shop at Amazon, Tesco etc for the same reasons. 

Edit: This is a rhetoric post. Everyone can feel free to shop where they wish. Not an attempt to call anyone out. 

Amazon and Tesco don't really combine shit ethics with shit product in the way that makes boycotting Wetherspoons such a win-win though.

Apologies for the triple post but I need to give the verdict on the meal. 

It’s a lot of food and drink for very little money but it was a struggle to eat. It might have been quite palatable if I was served it when it was cooked fresh sometime earlier in the day. When I received the meal it was blatantly obvious that all the grilled meat had been sat under hot lamps for many hours and just given a quick flash on the grill to add some sparkle to the surface of the meat. The chips had been cooked multiple times and weren’t appealing. I didn’t attempt the peas. 

Easily the worst mixed grill I have ever eaten. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Apologies for the triple post but I need to give the verdict on the meal. 

It’s a lot of food and drink for very little money but it was a struggle to eat. It might have been quite palatable if I was served it when it was cooked fresh sometime earlier in the day. When I received the meal it was blatantly obvious that all the grilled meat had been sat under hot lamps for many hours and just given a quick flash on the grill to add some sparkle to the surface of the meat. The chips had been cooked multiple times and weren’t appealing. I didn’t attempt the peas. 

Easily the worst mixed grill I have ever eaten. 

Should have shoved it up that guys arse crack ... just a shame it wasn’t Tim Wetherspoon