What do we need?

hellyl

Heya all, am new here.  Hope you don't mind a few very sad questions!!

Well have hit the grand old age of 45, and changed a few bits of of my life for the better.  Also never been to a festival before 🙄 

My partner has always been a Levs fan and I am now a fan too, love live gigs (cheers for that covid!) So we have made the decision when it starts again to go to beautiful days.  I have camped in the past, but with trailer loads of stuff, so really want to know what we are going to need or want to camp there.  We will be starting from scratch with camping gear.  We haven't got a huge car.  

Many thanks all 

H x

To start with, you've chosen a great first festival, I've been a few times, I'm lucky enough to live only half an hour away.  The Levellers open the festival on Friday lunchtime with an acoustic set inside the big top and close it with a full on spectacular on the main stage on Sunday night, it's awesome..

You don't camp a million miles away from your car so it's simple enough to do 2 or more trips if you like.  What you bring will depend on how many trips you want to do, and how much (relative) luxury you want!  

For two of us, we take a 4 man tent (specifically, one of these https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15980738/eurohike-sendero-4-family-tent-15980738) and it's ideal. We're a similar age to you and like a bit of space, and the ability to be able to stand up - this is perfect.  Add to that a decent airbed and you're sorted.  We also take a quilt and pillows - none of this sleeping bag nonsense!  As far as camping gear goes, that about all you need.  Maybe some torches and a light and possibly some camping chairs to sit outside your tent in the morning.

We don't bother with any cooking facilities, there are loads of places for morning coffee & breakfast dotted around and the main food areas are fantastic - something to suit everyone.  Also, unlike a lot of festivals, there is no 'arena' where you're not allowed to take your own alcohol.  Once you're in, you're in and you can bring as much alcohol as you like, and drink it anywhere you like too (no glass allowed though).  We leave a massive cool box full of cider/wine and ice in the car - just pop back to it each day and top your supplies up.

Have fun, see you in 2021 (looks like you dodged what would have been a soggy one this year!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

To start with, you've chosen a great first festival, I've been a few times, I'm lucky enough to live only half an hour away.  The Levellers open the festival on Friday lunchtime with an acoustic set inside the big top and close it with a full on spectacular on the main stage on Sunday night, it's awesome..

You don't camp a million miles away from your car so it's simple enough to do 2 or more trips if you like.  What you bring will depend on how many trips you want to do, and how much (relative) luxury you want!  

For two of us, we take a 4 man tent (specifically, one of these https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15980738/eurohike-sendero-4-family-tent-15980738) and it's ideal. We're a similar age to you and like a bit of space, and the ability to be able to stand up - this is perfect.  Add to that a decent airbed and you're sorted.  We also take a quilt and pillows - none of this sleeping bag nonsense!  As far as camping gear goes, that about all you need.  Maybe some torches and a light and possibly some camping chairs to sit outside your tent in the morning.

We don't bother with any cooking facilities, there are loads of places for morning coffee & breakfast dotted around and the main food areas are fantastic - something to suit everyone.  Also, unlike a lot of festivals, there is no 'arena' where you're not allowed to take your own alcohol.  Once you're in, you're in and you can bring as much alcohol as you like, and drink it anywhere you like too (no glass allowed though).  We leave a massive cool box full of cider/wine and ice in the car - just pop back to it each day and top your supplies up.

Have fun, see you in 2021 (looks like you dodged what would have been a soggy one this year!)

Ahhh thank you that's perfect, sort of what I was already think of. I have just bought a second hand Outwell tent - similar to yours, so pleased it isn't too big.  I too like to be able to stand up in it too.  Previous camping trips I have done blow up beds with quilt and pillows too, I hate sleeping bags!  

Also good about the booze too.  So think I will try and get hold of a solid plastic cool box.  Need a bit more lighting too and some fold up chairs I think. Shopping bags for clothes and bits too. 

Are there shower/washing facilities?

Hopefully 2021 then!!  Think there was still tickets left for 2020, so hopefully when things sorted they will be back in sale for 2021

Helen x

14 hours ago, hellyl said:

Are there shower/washing facilities?

Hopefully 2021 then!!  Think there was still tickets left for 2020, so hopefully when things sorted they will be back in sale for 2021

Helen x

There are water points all over the place and I think there are showers somewhere too.

Tickets don't normally sell out till late June/early July.  We hadn't purchased ours by the time they cancelled - I'm sure there will be plenty left for 2021.