A Simple Survey of Music Festival Goers!

Cobaindrinks

Hi guys! I am working on my dissertation about festival visitors’ perceived value, which requires me to undertake a questionnaire survey.

If you have attended any music festivals in the UK within last three years, I would like to invite you to participate in this survey which will only take you 5-10 minues.

Managerial recommendations will be generated from the result of this survey, and this project will be reviewed by scholars and experts in the music festival industry upon completion. I will appreciate it if you can express your true feelings and thoughts.

It will be GREAT if you can forward this link to your friends who have attended music festivals in the UK within last three years. This is very important for me. Thank you very much!

Survey link:

https://forms.gle/LWHib2kAJrjxVgaDA

Done but have to say I was a bit confused by some of the questions and there seemed to be a lot of duplication, the same question but put a different way.

What's the difference between Good standard of service and good service? And what does good service actually mean at a festival? 

I'm not sure what importance I'd give to "Giving visitors a certain level of social class". What class, what level? It might just be me but that doesn't make sense.

One questionis "Music festival(s) I attended within the last three years has be". You might want to finish that off.

Sorry to be negative but I can't see exactly what you're going to get out of the questions as they are.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Done but have to say I was a bit confused by some of the questions and there seemed to be a lot of duplication, the same question but put a different way.

What's the difference between Good standard of service and good service? And what does good service actually mean at a festival? 

I'm not sure what importance I'd give to "Giving visitors a certain level of social class". What class, what level? It might just be me but that doesn't make sense.

One questionis "Music festival(s) I attended within the last three years has be". You might want to finish that off.

Sorry to be negative but I can't see exactly what you're going to get out of the questions as they are.

Hi! Thank you for replying. I apologize for making you confused. As this is a pilot survey, your reply is really valuable for me.

1. I understand that there are quetions that seem to be that same, this is because they are from the same scale. Basically, serveral questions that are (almost) the same are needed to ensure the validity and credibility of the scale. I fully understand that this might be confusing for participants.

2. A good standard of service is more about what the festival try to present (a goal), and the good service is more about what they actually present.

3. As a participant, you can decide what good service means for you in a festival.

4. That question means that do you think it is important whether festivals can rise the social class of its participants from others' perspectives. I admit that the wording seems problematic. Do you have any advice regarding the wording of this question?

5. That was a mistake and it has been corrected. Thank you for pointing out.

1 hour ago, Minilla said:

I found the introduction so bafflingly incomprehensible and repetitive I gave up before starting.  

updated 20/31/2020?  When is that? 

Unfortunately I have to attach this repetitive introduction as it is necessary for the project being approved by the ethic commitee. I'm sorry for that mate.

The updating date is a terrible typo...Thank you for pointing out.

Sorry @Cobaindrinks I attempted your questionnaire but found the questions so far removed from my festival experiences and relevance, I gave up.

The individual aspects of a festival cannot be wrapped up in generic broad brush descriptions such as service, economic and quality as there is no specific reference point. For instance, I could buy a good goat curry from a stall at a reasonable price and that could be described as quality, good service and economic, but the music might be shite and fields full of mud. If it is a pilot survey I feel it needs to be refined to make it more relevant to the actual festival experience. 

Edited by Lycra

27 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Sorry @Cobaindrinks I attempted your questionnaire but found the questions so far removed from my festival experiences and relevance, I gave up.

The individual aspects of a festival cannot be wrapped up in generic broad brush descriptions such as service, economic and quality as there is no specific reference point. For instance, I could buy a good goat curry from a stall at a reasonable price and that could be described as quality, good service and economic, but the music might be shite and fields full of mud. If it is a pilot survey I feel it needs to be refined to make it more relevant to the actual festival experience. 

Thank you @LycraI understand your feelings and concerns. This project needs participants to access the whole event. For example, customers and rate a product generally considering its fuction, price, appearance, etc. Maybe you can have a try again? Of course it's ok to give up if this questionnaire doesn't match your actual experience.

1 hour ago, Cobaindrinks said:

Thank you @LycraI understand your feelings and concerns. This project needs participants to access the whole event. For example, customers and rate a product generally considering its fuction, price, appearance, etc. Maybe you can have a try again? Of course it's ok to give up if this questionnaire doesn't match your actual experience.

The problem is you're addressing the event as if you're buying a pair of jeans from a shop when a fest is much more.

"This anonymous survey"...yet the first question asks for a name/nickname/other identifier that can be used should I choose to ask for my answers to be withdrawn. That doesn't sound particularly anonymous to me. It may also be worth mentioning that you don't actually have to give a nickname to complete the form, although obviously forfeiting your right to later withdraw.

You may want also want to correct your thank you response too - "Your resonse has been recoreded"