Jump to content

Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let’s jump off that bridge when we come to it eh?

Care to explain the reason for down voting this please @Copperface? Seems odd to be down voting a 15 day post given how often you frequent this forum 

Sounds like you’re having a bit of a panic attack matey. See the other threads - we are quite a way off a decision being made on this, and probably closer to a headliner  announcement than a cancellat

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

For what it's worth, Emily liked this tweet

No description available.

If 2021's festival does somehow go ahead, I think an option to rollover tickets will definitely be offered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

God. When it happens it’s going to be bloody awesome isn’t it?

Too true, no matter who is headlining, what the weather is like, it’s going to be an incredible mix of emotions; exhilaration, happiness, camaraderie and relief! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

If 2021's festival does somehow go ahead, I think an option to rollover tickets will definitely be offered.

I honestly don’t know what I’d do if that option was offered. 
If you go, you’re more than likely getting a watered down experience and maybe even a watered down lineup if travel isn’t back up and running efficiently.

If you wait until 2022, you will have to watch on television knowing you could’ve been back in the greatest place on earth. And who’s to say you wouldn’t have an amazing time or they’d absolutely pull it out the bag.

 

I said the other day my opinion U-turns more than Boris, I genuinely flutter daily between ‘no chance’ and ‘possibly’ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I honestly don’t know what I’d do if that option was offered. 
If you go, you’re more than likely getting a watered down experience and maybe even a watered down lineup if travel isn’t back up and running efficiently.

I'd rollover without hesitation. Mainly because it just won't be safe if they hold it this year (which is why they won't), and partly because travel from where I live will not be possible in June.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I honestly don’t know what I’d do if that option was offered. 
If you go, you’re more than likely getting a watered down experience and maybe even a watered down lineup if travel isn’t back up and running efficiently.

If you wait until 2022, you will have to watch on television knowing you could’ve been back in the greatest place on earth. And who’s to say you wouldn’t have an amazing time or they’d absolutely pull it out the bag.

 

I said the other day my opinion U-turns more than Boris, I genuinely flutter daily between ‘no chance’ and ‘possibly’ 

I kind of hope they do postpone this year. I want the next one to be as special as it should, not one where it doesn't feel right, and the international acts may not be able to come

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, henry bear said:

I kind of hope they do postpone this year. I want the next one to be as special as it should, not one where it doesn't feel right, and the international acts may not be able to come

Yeah I think if offered the choice I’d defer a year. Would rather wait and return to the festival we know and love at full strength than go to a watered down version this year and not be able to get back in next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah I think if offered the choice I’d defer a year. Would rather wait and return to the festival we know and love at full strength than go to a watered down version this year and not be able to get back in next year.

I keep thinking exactly the same but a part of me is thinking... I could go in 21 (whatever form that takes) and still have the POSSIBILITY of going in 22. Although tickets will be a nightmare to get for that. But could potentially do both however unlikely that is.

So difficult to choose if it was offered. Think I’m slightly leaning towards rolling to 22 if this was the situation offered.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’d defer.

But the FOMO would be near unbearable.

 

and it’s legit taken me over an hour to decide that. If the ACTUAL decision needed to be made it’d be like a Cobra meeting in my group.

Edited by Andy0808 v5
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sisco said:

EE043736-C052-4306-9DA2-E723DCBA6C67.png

His Twitter exchanges make for optimistic reading. But, he heads a business that desperately needs money so will do/try anything and everything to get it. We do need people like that, but he’s hardly going to be shooting down optimists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Not if it happens this year. 

That’s a complete oxymoron though. We’re not talking about the festival going ahead right now are we. If it goes ahead then it will be safe to do so. if we’ve got infection rates like we did last summer and by then a fair chunk of the population vaccinated then of course it will be safe.

There is a good chance it won’t go ahead because of the lack of certainty, or indeed because it’s not actually safe, but if it does go ahead, well that’s quite some feat to pull a five day 200,000 attendances event off that isn’t actually safe isn’t it? Would love to know that would get past the government and the local council. 

Of course people die at the festival every year, so it really depends on what you consider safe to be, if you want absolutely zero risk you perhaps shouldn’t ever go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kalifire said:

If 2021's festival does somehow go ahead, I think an option to rollover tickets will definitely be offered.

yeah, me too. If nothing else it'll be an easy way of freeing up some extra tickets for resale, which will make the ticketless a little happier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 5:31 PM, tigger123 said:

Every cloud eh. This is great news

Care to explain the reason for down voting this please @Copperface?

Seems odd to be down voting a 15 day post given how often you frequent this forum 

Edited by tigger123
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 4:50 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I’d need to see a lineup and the plan before I could make a definitive decision.

Agreed.  I luckily have a ticket so I think I may even roll over to 2022 and volunteer for Shelter on one of the bars (I did that in 2019) if an event was to run this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 4:51 AM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That’s a complete oxymoron though. We’re not talking about the festival going ahead right now are we. If it goes ahead then it will be safe to do so. if we’ve got infection rates like we did last summer and by then a fair chunk of the population vaccinated then of course it will be safe.

There is a good chance it won’t go ahead because of the lack of certainty, or indeed because it’s not actually safe, but if it does go ahead, well that’s quite some feat to pull a five day 200,000 attendances event off that isn’t actually safe isn’t it? Would love to know that would get past the government and the local council. 

Of course people die at the festival every year, so it really depends on what you consider safe to be, if you want absolutely zero risk you perhaps shouldn’t ever go. 

Depends what you consider safe. If you've had both doses of the vaccine it'll be safe. If not it'll likely be no safer for you than it would be for you to go to a gig or festival right now. It'll be safer for the general population for sure, as you won't be spreading it to anyone at risk (sort of).

But basically it'd be as safe to go today and then isolate for two weeks as it would be to go in June, unless your in a priority vaccine group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Depends what you consider safe. If you've had both doses of the vaccine it'll be safe. If not it'll likely be no safer for you than it would be for you to go to a gig or festival right now. It'll be safer for the general population for sure, as you won't be spreading it to anyone at risk (sort of).

But basically it'd be as safe to go today and then isolate for two weeks as it would be to go in June, unless your in a priority vaccine group.

It depends on where virus levels are in June compared to now.

Last June they were very low compared to where they are now, so if we end up with low levels of infection in the summer, just like we did last summer, then Glastonbury will be much safer in June than it would be now.

Of course we don’t know how much downward pressure having vaccinated 30m+ people will have on infections by June time, it could be very significant. Equally we don’t know if restrictions will be released relative to deaths and hospitalisations, and if they are that could but some upward pressure on infection rates not withstanding the vaccination impact.

But without knowing where infections are in June it’s impossible to say, but based on last June it’s reasonable to expect them to be much lower.

The other aspect of it being safe are the chances of you individually coming into sustained close contact with somebody who was infectious during the festival. With no testing or any mitigation, at the lowest levels in the summer something like 50 people would be infected. The chances of being in close sustained contact with one of those 50 people are pretty slim on an individual basis. Then if you didn’t go to Glastonbury, the question would be, what would you do Wednesday to Sunday instead, and would that be entirely risk free? 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It depends on where virus levels are in June compared to now.

Last June they were very low compared to where they are now, so if we end up with low levels of infection in the summer, just like we did last summer, then Glastonbury will be much safer in June than it would be now.

Of course we don’t know how much downward pressure having vaccinated 30m+ people will have on infections by June time, it could be very significant. Equally we don’t know if restrictions will be released relative to deaths and hospitalisations, and if they are that could but some upward pressure on infection rates not withstanding the vaccination impact.

But without knowing where infections are in June it’s impossible to say, but based on last June it’s reasonable to expect them to be much lower.

The other aspect of it being safe are the chances of you individually coming into sustained close contact with somebody who was infectious during the festival. With no testing or any mitigation, at the lowest levels in the summer something like 50 people would be infected. The chances of being in close sustained contact with one of those 50 people are pretty slim on an individual basis. Then if you didn’t go to Glastonbury, the question would be, what would you do Wednesday to Sunday instead, and would that be entirely risk free? 

It's sort of a catch-22 though. If numbers are down to what they were last summer, they'll only be that way because some form of restrictions are still in place. And if those restrictions are in place, Glastonbury can't happen.

Glastonbury might be allowed to happen if they just drop all restrictions in May, but with no restrictions in place, there's going to be a fair bit of the virus about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neville Street said:

an idea of what Covid related changes are in place would be useful to decide

Glasto should keep quiet about the covid stuff, to free up tickets for the people who are all-in. 

😛 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...