Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022

guypjfreak

15 hours ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

the ticketless have fuck all to look forward to this year or next so we're definitely not in the same boat. 

Agree.

Anyone with a ticket who fancies being in our boat, just go for a refund. Then you can get in our boat.

But, tickets should rollover - any other solution is unfortunately just pants.

(I did try a little game theory to figure out the happiness factor for rollover v. not and although not wins, it's a poo of an answer)

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fairly sure they didn't bother with a sale in October last year as so few people took up refunds.

Yep was just thinking this. Could be more next time round of course.

I'm resigned to not going again until 2023 (if I'm lucky - no guarantee of a ticket any year of course!). Anything else is a bonus.

As others have said, though, there are other great festivals out there. I've missed one Glastonbury since 2008. It sucked at the time but I went to two other great ones that year instead. Not the same, but still bloody great and there is a lot to be said for smaller festivals too. 

I will try for tickets whenever I can get them but I'm also more accepting now that it won't always be me that gets to go. After the shit year and a half or more we've had, I'll be delighted to get to any festival this year or next.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Ozanne said:

This is good news for us that have tickets but I really feel for the ticketless. I feel guilty for feeling happy when I saw this. Sorry. 

Don't apologise for your emotions. 

I have to confess to not being entirely gutted when 2020 was cancelled as I was ticketless and my wife was pregnant, which meant we wouldn't have moved mountains to work, and might not have tried the resale even. That meant I felt I wasn't missing out. 

I feel more worried by the prospect of a 2021 cancellation as it's more likely we would be able to attend, resale/work dependent, though the fact my beautiful daughter will still only be 9 months old come June could still make it difficult to attend. Again, I may feel that I'm at least not missing out. 

Who knows, emotions are complex things. As long as you don't act like a dick because of them then there's no need to justify them or apologise for them. 

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, but holding onto your ticket is easy when it's still not a final-commit.

When it comes to paying up the full amount (in whatever year that is), there's going to be more than normal who don't pay up as there's going to be 2+ years where circumstances might have changed for that person.

Plus I reckon there'll be a number of extras, on the basis of them not feeling safe about it.

I'm clinging on to this. People are far more likely to get refunded by failing to 'opt-in' by paying a balance rather than through pro-actively opting out - as an example, that's why organ donation is now opt-out. 

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yep was just thinking this. Could be more next time round of course.

I'm resigned to not going again until 2023 (if I'm lucky - no guarantee of a ticket any year of course!). Anything else is a bonus.

As others have said, though, there are other great festivals out there. I've missed one Glastonbury since 2008. It sucked at the time but I went to two other great ones that year instead. Not the same, but still bloody great and there is a lot to be said for smaller festivals too. 

I will try for tickets whenever I can get them but I'm also more accepting now that it won't always be me that gets to go. After the shit year and a half or more we've had, I'll be delighted to get to any festival this year or next.

I think there's going to be a huge difference between people holding on to tickets last time versus this time.

There were so many unknowns last time. People were asked "do you want to keep your tickets for June 2021" and everyone went "I have no clue what I will be doing in June 2021, sure". At that point we were all locked down, all our plans were on hold, and that has continued. Life has basically been/will be on pause between June 2020 and June 2021. But it will be back to normal soon after that. By the next "decision" date, people will be booking weddings, holidays, all that stuff for summer 2022, safe in the knowledge that they can happen.

June 2020-2021 has been "life in limbo" for many people - so momentum kicks in, may as well keep the ticket. June 2021-2022 looks, by most accounts, to fairly "normal". It's a huge difference.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I guess time will tell. Could be loads handing them back, could be less than expected. Either way I'm not holding out much hope and looking forward to any festivals being on more than I am my chances of Glastonbury.

I agree; a surprisingly large number of tickets may come back into the pot for 2022, but I’m not going to count on it. Similarly I worry that 2023 may be a bloodbath because of pent-up demand. 

I think that it may be best for me to forget about Glastonbury for a few years. Do a small COVID-secure festival this year, tick a new one off the list next year and save for a dream holiday in 23. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I agree; a surprisingly large number of tickets may come back into the pot for 2022, but I’m not going to count on it. Similarly I worry that 2023 may be a bloodbath because of pent-up demand. 

I think that it may be best for me to forget about Glastonbury for a few years. Do a small COVID-secure festival this year, tick a new one off the list next year and save for a dream holiday in 23. 

That sounds like a bloody good plan to he honest.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Barring major life events I can’t imagine too many people being willing to give up their tickets.

When it finally happens it’s going to be the party of a lifetime.

Me and my girlfriend were discussing bands we would like to try and see over the next couple of years and she made the comment that not only for Glastonbury but gigs, live sport and live events in general will have huge demand for whever they are allowed to be back on.  

I've got tickets for three Euro 2020 games that I just can't see that I will be allowed to go to in six months time! 

Edited by gooner1990

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Me and my girlfriend were discussing bands we would like to try and see over the next couple of years and she made the comment that not only for Glastonbury but gigs, live sport and live events in general will have huge demand for whever they are allowed to be back on.  

I've got tickets for three Euro 2020 games that I just can't see that I will be allowed to go to in six months time! 

Yeah, next ticket resale and the first full sale (whenever that happens) will be brutal.

I’ve got tickets for England v Croatia and Scotland and one of the semis. Gonna be gutted when they inevitably don’t happen.

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah, next ticket resale and the first full sale (whenever that happens) will be brutal.

I’ve got tickets for England v Croatia and Scotland and one of the semis. Gonna be gutted when they inevitably don’t happen.

I've got England v Czech Rep (which at the moment is the night before we go to Glastonbury), one of the semi finals and the final.   The only upside to all this is if we can't go and are refunded, my bank balance will look a lot more healthy!

I agree, the next full sale for either 2022 or 2023 I can see myself having to work the festival to get in again!

If allowed I will carry mine forward at present but  I must admit have thought longer and harder over it this time as by then I will be 57 and my desire along with health is beginning to wane. It would not surprise me if come April 2022 I decide not to go. 

On a general note as others have said I don’t believe they will have any trouble selling any returns or the following years. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Barring major life events I can’t imagine too many people being willing to give up their tickets.

I can see plenty of people giving up or especially rolling over if it goes ahead in 2021. It will not be a Covid-safe festival, and plenty of people would balk. What would be interesting is if they say ‘come if you want but rollover if you prefer’. 

Edited by kalifire

42 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I can see plenty of people giving up or especially rolling over if it goes ahead in 2021. It will not be a Covid-safe festival, and plenty of people would balk. What would be interesting is if they say ‘come if you want but rollover if you prefer’. 

I was thinking more if it was cancelled and rescheduled for 22. I’m sure plenty of people wouldn’t feel comfortable going this year.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Probably (note the use of probably) going to be our last Glasto given the likelihood of another roll over and the mad scramble for future tickets , so yes, it’s gonna be good be it this year or the next. 

Difficult to know how it will go, but there is a big difference between having to do nothing vs physically having to login and pay £200+.

With all the chaos and postponements of various life events, there are bound to be more people who simply won’t be able to go in 2022 because life events conspire against them that wouldn’t have in 2020.

That could of course be cancelled out be an increased amount of people who weren’t that fussed and maybes wouldn’t have gone, but the two year gap and the lack of any real alternatives in between might make them more likely to keep hold if it. 

Good to see it confirmed. Takes any stress out of 2021 being cancelled for me personally. Whatever happens, happens at this stage and just knowing I’ll be at the next festival is good enough!

I feel for those without tickets but I’m sure come the final balance payment window there will be a decent number of people not paying up for whatever reason and there should be a fair number of leftover tickets. If it does goes to 2022, perhaps now is the time to look at increasing capacity a bit to free up an extra few thousand tickets?