Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022

guypjfreak

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Obviously it might seem shit if you haven’t got a ticket, but it’s all relative. It’s not like us with tickets have got to go last year or probably even this, we’re all in the same boat.

the ticketless have fuck all to look forward to this year or next so we're definitely not in the same boat. 

I'm very relieved that this seems that it'll be the case.

If it goes ahead in 2022 (how mad that that even has to be a question, and yet...) it will have been five years since I was last there. When I couldn't get tickets for '14 and '15 I thought that was an egregiously long wait...

And of course I will be doing all I can to get the resale crew through the gates too 🙂

For those people unlucky enough not to get a ticket after the resales there are alternative festivals. When Glastonbury is confirmed to be on it will open the floodgates for other festivals to do the same both local and further afield. When I didn’t get tickets for 2019 of course I was gutted but I made alternative festival plans for the year and I had an amazing time. 

Don’t put all your hopes into one festival even though it is a magical 🧙 place to be. 

Can't say I won't be gutted if I don't have the chance to go in 2022 but do understand the sense in letting those who have tickets rolled over .

I couldn't go in 2020 so didn't try when they originally went on sale but would have been trying for 21 and 22 unfortunately doesn't look 21 will happen and 22 is gone probably if tickets roll over . But good luck to all who have got them you lucky people .

I know its been a long wait but imagine how good it will be for you all when it happens.  

Obviously this is a bit of a heartbreaker for those of us who just missed out for 2020 tickets, but I guess it's the right thing to do. As I have said before it might be nice to throw us a bone and close new registrations prior to the 2022 sale, but there's no commercial reason for them to do that. Oh well 

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks AC .... all won't be lost if It doesnt happen .... I will just have to explore some different options for meeting people off here ... That Glastonbury travel lodge will have some space that the BBC might not need .... so hopefully I can organise some kind of smaller gathering if we are allowed 

Great idea! We have already had tentative discussions as to what to do if the worst happens 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

😞 ... dont blame her and its great of course for those with tickets ... just ,makes it more distant  as a punter 

Stay positive, as someone who posts fairly irregularly on this site your replies etc. always make me smile. I really am hoping you get a ticket in the resale (whenever is eventually comes) - but if you don’t, again stay positive, there’s always future Glastonbury’s (well, not if COVID has anything to do with it, but you get the picture!) 🙂

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

For those people unlucky enough not to get a ticket after the resales there are alternative festivals. When Glastonbury is confirmed to be on it will open the floodgates for other festivals to do the same both local and further afield. When I didn’t get tickets for 2019 of course I was gutted but I made alternative festival plans for the year and I had an amazing time. 

Don’t put all your hopes into one festival even though it is a magical 🧙 place to be. 

Agree with this! I tried and failed to get tickets to 2019 so went to Bilbao BBK instead and had a great time, I know that’s different next year because may not be alternatives , but hopefully there will be some music and festivals the latter part of the summer, if it is in fact cancelled. 

41 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Stay positive, as someone who posts fairly irregularly on this site your replies etc. always make me smile. I really am hoping you get a ticket in the resale (whenever is eventually comes) - but if you don’t, again stay positive, there’s always future Glastonbury’s (well, not if COVID has anything to do with it, but you get the picture!) 🙂

Cheers 🥂 appreciated 

I'm pleased that tickets may roll over but I do think even when the festival goes ahead next there will be a lot of people tickets in the pot... I know quite a lot of people who just will not go to a festival or same such thing... 

I was actually a bit worried about coming out of the tier system now with another full lockdown I'm getting VERY WORRIED ABOUT THE NORMAL way of life..... 

14 hours ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

of course there disappointment when it was cancelled but you're still gonna get there in the end. The ticketless aren't 

You will just a year later!

Plus there will be loads of returned tickets. Two years is a long time, and I think there's a big difference between the June 19 - June 20 wait, when everything was closed, you couldn't really go on holiday, etc, and the June 20 - June 21 wait, when things will start to open back up, people will be spending money etc. 

Plus life situations change. People break up, get together, fall out with friends, move away, all sorts. For so many people Glastonbury is a bucket list thing and they were planning to do it in 2020, it may no longer make sense to do it in 2022. Other priorities. 

In our forum bubble it's easy to forget that most people don't value the festival quite as much as we might.

28 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Plus life situations change. People break up, get together, fall out with friends, move away, all sorts. For so many people Glastonbury is a bucket list thing and they were planning to do it in 2020, it may no longer make sense to do it in 2022. Other priorities. 

This. 

When everything is back up and running a lot of the people who had tickets, who were the ‘cling ons’ or people who only got a ticket because the group organiser bought them and they weren’t that fussed regardless will probably be ‘finding themselves’ on gap years in Cambodia.

Sarcastic point aside, there are a lot of younger people who would’ve booked those tickets as part of a group who wanted to do Glastonbury as a final hurrah after university, before proper adulthood, etc. Who will find themselves probably thinking it’s not worth it now or circumstances have changed so much that it’s not feasible to do. Not all of us would move mountains to attend Glastonbury. I’d just turned 27 two months prior to getting my ticket and it’s looking like I’ll be two months shy of 30 before I get into the pearly gates at this rate.. 

How many attendees have got tickets and will have had a baby from purchase date to attending? And are they going to be willing to take the baby, leave their partner with that baby? Literally so many variables, I have full faith that we’ll get everyone here who wants to go in!

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fairly sure they didn't bother with a sale in October last year as so few people took up refunds.

I genuinely think that if I didn’t have the intention of going, the effort of finding an email address and sending off the appropriate details for £50 would’ve been too much. I’d have just waited until the pay off date and got it back then..

Do you think all those bastards who got tickets who allowed the organised people in their groups to purchase on their behalf, would’ve been organised enough to get their refunds?

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fairly sure they didn't bother with a sale in October last year as so few people took up refunds.

yeah, but holding onto your ticket is easy when it's still not a final-commit.

When it comes to paying up the full amount (in whatever year that is), there's going to be more than normal who don't pay up as there's going to be 2+ years where circumstances might have changed for that person.

Plus I reckon there'll be a number of extras, on the basis of them not feeling safe about it.