Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022

guypjfreak

29 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Is it me or has all reference to an October sale disappeared. I'm sure it was in the original cancellation statement but I can't see it any more.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/a-statement-from-glastonbury-festival/#FAQ

Yes all gone , that’s what I mean when I say it would have been good if the festival had put an announcement prominently on the website. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think the wording that changed last week was pre-emptive of this when it said 'if'. 

I just don't think the numbers that will have been returned will be high because people have to actively chase it whereas in a normal year it's automatically refunded if you don't pay. 

Bit crap for all those still chasing tickets. @crazyfool1 can't give up, and I believe he will get tickets. April might be too late in the day for me with work etc. 

I was typing this I read your post @Zoo Music Girl, gives a little perspective on things - I hope your okay and that your friend recovers.

Thank you. Could go either way but am hopeful at this stage x

Do you think it's likely they've scrapped the October sale then? I must admit if I had a ticket but was unsure of whether or not I could afford to go, due to redundancy or whatever, or if I was abroad, I'd be tempted to hold on until next year to see if circumstances change. I think the amount coming back in September will be minimal so it's probably not worth their while to have a sale.

I just hate the thought of waiting until April again, even getting my friend a ticket aside (they have kids so likely won't want to wait that long to get a ticket as too much planning involved, even if she is fine to go then).

12 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

ah shit, this isn't great news for everyone still needing tickets. 

Totally agree, we’ve spent a few winters waiting for the April resale, not nice but at least there is hope and both times we were lucky. You’ve got to feel for those in this situation.  Also a huge proportion of folk will hang on to their deposits until they are sure if they can or can’t attend. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Totally agree, we’ve spent a few winters waiting for the April resale, not nice but at least there is hope and both times we were lucky. You’ve got to feel for those in this situation.  Also a huge proportion of folk will hang on to their deposits until they are sure if they can or can’t attend. 

Yeah that wait from October to April is awful, only done it once and didn't manage it in the resale. But to have to do it twice.. last October then no resale this year followed by no sale this October must be so hard. Stay strong everyone x

25 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

It's pretty gutting, although not unexpected. Given how this year has gone we may find that relatively few people are willing to put their summer plans on hold till April. 

I do agree, but also it may work out in your face come April depends on what's going on with peoples circle (not that anyone wishes bad on anyone else of course)

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think they're keeping their options open about reducing the capacity.

I think you might be right 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Eek. Number of people who've got their money back must be in single digits.

I doubt it. Theres probably a decent amount of tickets that went back and they could feel that putting more people under the ticket stress at this current point in time is not the healthiest thing to do. And you also would have 2 camps of people if things go sideways.  The ones who bought in Oct 2019 and the ones who bought Oct 2020. If things do not carry on, do the 2020 buyers get to keep theirs because their purchase is “newer”? Or you lump them in with everyone who has been waiting 20 months to get on with it. Waiting for the resale period next year is a safe play and lessens any disappointment even if it is a small amount compared to the rest.

re: reduced capacity. If thats their play then it means they actually did receive a lot of refund requests but theyll never put that out there and then when an April resale happens if things are “normal” than nobody is the wiser as tickets would go fast regardless or a reduction or not.

Coachella has received refund requests for  about 40% of their capacity. And they are planning ( for now ) to carry on that way unless things improve if you need a comparison. 

Edited by Suprefan

Tbh I was kind of expecting this to happen either way, if only because it gives them a bit more time to figure shit out and having an October sale would only increase the amount of people possibly disappointed by a possible cancellation of next year.

Best to assess the situation in the new year and then if they feel they can still go ahead with it, have the resale in April. What with the virus still being at large now, having people choosing whether they want to surrender their tickets this early seems a bit misguided.

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If enough people cancel their tickets it wouldn't have to.

How many are available in a normal April resale, 10% (13,000?)?

So with say another 10% being sold back because 2 years is a long time that would be 80% normal capacity.

If you calculated capacity on their actual licences (which hasn't been fully used) they could relatively easily get down to 75% capacity, about 108000.

This thread needs to be renamed  "those of us without tickets are fucked, unless we wanna clean toilets"

I came on here tonight to try and brighten my mood after doing four twelve hour shifts this week, obviously hasn't worked, I'm going to watch the Johnny cash, Hurt video to cheer me up

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Theres probably a decent amount of tickets that went back and they could feel that putting more people under the ticket stress at this current point in time is not the healthiest thing to do.

Glastonbury is a business. The primary goal is to sell tickets. The ticket stress theory is way off the mark. They either haven't had enough returns to justify the costs of a Oct sale, or, as I would guess, they are holding out to see if the festival will be on next year.

Every ticket refund will generate a small outgoing cost to the festival, so why increase the costs by having a sale in October if the business needs to issue refunds a few months later along with negative PR. 

i'd be surprised if returned tickets are anywhere near the amounts that have been mentioned, why would anyone rush to get a refund, its only 35 quid so i'm sure most people will wait until the very last minute to cancel as there is so much doubt on any plans for anyone so i'm sure the vast majority are just sitting tight.

GFL know that next year is still very uncertain and so going through a sale in October just isn't worth it, they would sell whatever they offered, i'm sure of that but there would be a lot of folk that wouldn't bother to try. Now i'm a full time oversea's resident i have no intention of making any plans for next year that involve long distance flight's, we have no idea how many airlines will still exist by then, what routes and charges will be like and then there's always the possibility of lockdowns buggering up anyone's plan's.

If i was in the UK, i would go for a ticket on the deposit scheme but that won't be available if they sell returned tickets in April, having 35 quid (sorry no pound key) holding a ticket is not a problem but 300+ would need some serious thought, it's always nice to have a ticket in the bag but for a family the possibility of having that money tied up for maybe 14 months could be a stretch for a lot of people.

GFL are canny operators and waiting as long as possible to implement their normal sequence of events, with their complete knowledge that they will always sell whatever allocation / size of event they put on, is the best bet for them. Personally i think 2021 is doubtful and any resale of returned tickets will only take place when they have peace of mind that the festival is as guaranteed as possible to be going ahead.

If this is the case, i'd be really surprised if they don't carry over tickets again if 2021 gets cancelled.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, OG said:

This thread needs to be renamed  "those of us without tickets are fucked, unless we wanna clean toilets"

I came on here tonight to try and brighten my mood after doing four twelve hour shifts this week, obviously hasn't worked, I'm going to watch the Johnny cash, Hurt video to cheer me up

This. Exactly this.