Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022

guypjfreak

34 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

ooo... do we think that changes things for an October resale? They might be just going for one in April then?

Good spot!!

It does look like it, pretty certain before the update that same section mentioned the October sale

2 minutes ago, incident said:

It could just be that only 12 people have returned their tickets so far..

Must admit I was wondering if there might have been so few returns it might not be worth doing it or folk might have just decided to hang on to their bookings even if they are unsure if they could go, and happy enough to risk losing half their deposit cash. 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

as opposed to reported numbers of 20% for many other festivals .... I know Glastonbury has the added pull and more will keep the tickets than elsewhere potentially but ... 

I dunno..

The last October sale 35 tickets ended up going on my cards (long story), and so far I've seen zero refunds. I've been dreading seeing one come in and then having to figure out who it is and trying to track them down.

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

if it goes till april im going to have to reevaluate .... It seems like ive been hoping for something distant for too long now ... might be time to give up 

Noooo! You can't give up. Resale crew will be at the farm next year, and we need you there with your hat like our beacon of hope.

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

if it goes till april im going to have to reevaluate .... It seems like ive been hoping for something distant for too long now ... might be time to give up 

Never give up. By all means, take a step back for a while. Try and put it out of your mind. But make sure you're back for the resale in April, or whenever it happens.

One sale definitely makes the most sense to me, I doubt that many tickets have gone back so one in October wouldn’t make much difference.

Obviously it proves that there is a lot of doubt about 2021 and it gives them a bit more time to assess all the options available to them. 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My hope is feeling extinguished at the moment ... shit day ... 

No way give up! When you think logically it makes more sense just to have one resale and allow those lucky ones with tickets an extra few months to get refunds, especially those from abroad. They havnt a clue about travel restrictions, how their countries are affected etc.     It would be nice to see a festival statement explaining why they have decided against October sale, if they have done that.  

Dont extinguish your Hope, remember Hope shines brightest in the dark!  

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No way give up! When you think logically it makes more sense just to have one resale and allow those lucky ones with tickets an extra few months to get refunds, especially those from abroad. They havnt a clue about travel restrictions, how their countries are affected etc.     It would be nice to see a festival statement explaining why they have decided against October sale, if they have done that.  

Dont extinguish your Hope, remember Hope shines brightest in the dark!  

Just too much shit stuff today ... I’m not processing  correctly :( 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Possibly, they don’t mention October, just April resales for refunds and non payment of balance 

Is it me or has all reference to an October sale disappeared. I'm sure it was in the original cancellation statement but I can't see it any more.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/a-statement-from-glastonbury-festival/#FAQ

Ugh got to say that this doesn't sound great for an October sale. Fuck it. I was hoping for that to be a little beacon of light in the darkness (even though I fully thought that getting tickets in it was unlikely). One of my dear friends has been diagnosed with cancer and we were hoping to get tickets as something for us all to look forward to in what has been a shit year, even if she can't in the end go due to treatment or what have you. Really would have loved to get that for her. This year fucking sucks.

I hope they do some kind of statement or something soon? Or will they just leave it at that?

I think the wording that changed last week was pre-emptive of this when it said 'if'. 

I just don't think the numbers that will have been returned will be high because people have to actively chase it whereas in a normal year it's automatically refunded if you don't pay. 

Bit crap for all those still chasing tickets. @crazyfool1 can't give up, and I believe he will get tickets. April might be too late in the day for me with work etc. 

I was typing this I read your post @Zoo Music Girl, gives a little perspective on things - I hope your okay and that your friend recovers.