Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022

guypjfreak

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Cheltenham Festival. They held off lockdown until after it went ahead this year. The Tories will want their favourite event back on the calendar next year. 

this is true but racing is going ahead now without fans , i'm sure they can have Cheltenham behind closed doors where festivals and music in general can't. i do know that racing is struggling for not have punters through it's doors and all betting being online, thus it becoming to expensive for owners to own and run horses. So yeah they'd have a vested interest in bringing in back some fans at least.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Then again, if it does turn out to be 20% you will have the last laugh!😁

unintentionally tho :lol: 

I think we can all agree im just full of shit and its probably to do with something else entirely. God knows where i got it from! Sorry guys!!

• Like 1

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

When it’s directly affecting their own pockets you know they are going to make sure the event goes ahead as close to normal as possible. 

We'll see, as a racing man i might even be there myself. I wasn't at the last one by the way :P

48 minutes ago, ghandi said:

this is true but racing is going ahead now without fans , i'm sure they can have Cheltenham behind closed doors where festivals and music in general can't.

The problem with that is that for the Tory/government types, racing is arguably the least important part of Cheltenham and certainly not the part they'll be most desperate to have happen.

19 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

didn't someone say 20% of tickets had been returned?

haven't heard that, although it seems to be around 15%-20% returns for other festivals.

While Glastonbury is more-popular than other fests so in-theory a smaller percentage might be returned, for other reasons I reckon it'll have a similar return rate.

I'm still expecting a sale in October, on the basis that the festival will proceed to plan until the point it decides it's not going ahead, and I don't think it will take that decision early. Things are still changing fast, and there's every reason to be hopeful of a vaccine or other ways of mitigating the problems of covid before next summer.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

haven't heard that, although it seems to be around 15%-20% returns for other festivals.

While Glastonbury is more-popular than other fests so in-theory a smaller percentage might be returned, for other reasons I reckon it'll have a similar return rate.

I'm still expecting a sale in October, on the basis that the festival will proceed to plan until the point it decides it's not going ahead, and I don't think it will take that decision early. Things are still changing fast, and there's every reason to be hopeful of a vaccine or other ways of mitigating the problems of covid before next summer.

I agree completely. So many things will change and to cancel now would give them no shot of it happening.

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

ah ok! Thank you!! Maybe that's where i'd got the figure from then, if that's what other festivals have had, and got all mixed up and thought it was to do with Glastonbury! Perhaps I'm not completely silly after all!! :) 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Also agree. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

And with that I am back on the optimism train! 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

According to official website the date for full refunds is now extended to 31st January. Updated cancellation ticket info section 

ooo... do we think that changes things for an October resale? They might be just going for one in April then?

Good spot!!