Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022

guypjfreak

If they roll over deposits another year, are they confined to freezing the overall price of tickets or could they still raise the price? If they have to honour the original 2019 price, that could be too limiting 2 years later in the current situation. Or when you pay the deposits is the contract just that you have the option of paying the remaining balance regardless of what it is?

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

If they roll over deposits another year, are they confined to freezing the overall price of tickets or could they still raise the price? If they have to honour the original 2019 price, that could be too limiting 2 years later in the current situation. Or when you pay the deposits is the contract just that you have the option of paying the remaining balance regardless of what it is?

They're not holding the price. I read it somewhere that they will be new prices. I will see if I can find it...

Edit: just says prices to be confirmed.

Screenshot_20200810-110631.png

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Padgey said:

I see New Zealand is now 100 days free of the virus, have they done anything different to Oz or is it a case of they have had less cases?

NZ and Vietnam have similar strategies in controlling movement, testing and tracking, which led to minimal illness. They stopped the cases increasing exponentially.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, ghandi said:

If the tickets were to be rolled over another year to 2022 then i'd be inclined to leave mine in the pot. it would be a very sad day if 1) 2021 is cancelled 2) they didn't roll them over again, but i am determined to go at least one further time, this would be my 8th , at 58 i wouldn't mind celebrating my 60th there.

Same here... 

On 8/9/2020 at 11:41 AM, jparx said:

Sounds like you’re having a bit of a panic attack matey. See the other threads - we are quite a way off a decision being made on this, and probably closer to a headliner  announcement than a cancellation announcement. 

The great toilet duck is always my barometer for optimism and he remains confident we’ll be there next year.

Deep breaths, and see you on the Farm next year!

Lol Naa just thinking ahead,, thinking to much Yea but panic not yet.. 

13 hours ago, Padgey said:

I see New Zealand is now 100 days free of the virus, have they done anything different to Oz or is it a case of they have had less cases?

NZ has handled it brilliantly. Australia has done well except for Melbourne whose premier Dan Andrews employed dodgy security agencies to supervise quarantine hotels rather than the defence force personnel used by most of the other states.

Some of the security staff shagged the people in quarantine and then switched to their other job -Uber drivers!

As a result we have had a huge outbreak, it is ripping through the aged care homes and we are in 6 weeks of lockdown.

They're dubbing it the "Dandemic"

Obviously I'd be happy for GFL to keep the deposit for 2022 as well, though I could see an outside chance that some legal or financial condition might require them to reimburse it, perhaps for tax reasons, or because the company needed to wind up before re-registering again (like GFL used to every year), this time due to funding issues.

18 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

NZ has handled it brilliantly. Australia has done well except for Melbourne whose premier Dan Andrews employed dodgy security agencies to supervise quarantine hotels rather than the defence force personnel used by most of the other states.

Some of the security staff shagged the people in quarantine and then switched to their other job -Uber drivers!

As a result we have had a huge outbreak, it is ripping through the aged care homes and we are in 6 weeks of lockdown.

They're dubbing it the "Dandemic"

Auckland has went back into phase 3 lockdown. Seems four cases detected in the same household. So it’s stay at home for at least three days. One things for sure, they don’t hang about in NZ  compared to the dithering here when there’s an outbreak. 

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Auckland has went back into phase 3 lockdown. Seems four cases detected in the same household. So it’s stay at home for at least three days. One things for sure, they don’t hang about in NZ  compared to the dithering here when there’s an outbreak. 

Remarkable. Calm, no fuss and by and large the New Zealanders just get on with it in a very civilized way with good social conscience.

Whereas we seem to have quite a  large cohort of significance seeking individualists who refuse to make any kind of personal sacrifice.

This could go on for some time.

I'm guessing the tickets will roll over again, but that is a long way off.

Crikey, it would really suck for the people who have already got a refund of their 2020 ticket because they can't make 2021, but could actually make 2022! 😯

37 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

I'm guessing the tickets will roll over again, but that is a long way off.

Crikey, it would really suck for the people who have already got a refund of their 2020 ticket because they can't make 2021, but could actually make 2022! 😯

That would be brutal, but hopefully the number would be quite small? Also (and I know that I sound like a stuck record) not much fun for people who missed out on 2020 tickets who have no real chance of attending before 2023. I suspect that some of us will just give up and move on to other festivals (new habits established etc).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

That would be brutal, but hopefully the number would be quite small? Also (and I know that I sound like a stuck record) not much fun for people who missed out on 2020 tickets who have no real chance of attending before 2023. I suspect that some of us will just give up and move on to other festivals (new habits established etc).

Never :) I’m speaking for just myself I hasten to add 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/9/2020 at 1:24 PM, dotdash79 said:

So imagine you missed out on 2020 tickets which were riled over but you get lucky in the October sale. 

then the festival is cancelled next year and they cancel the deposits for the next year rather than rolling over. Is that fair?

Theres nowt really fair about any options really. Either your waiting 2/3 plus years to even get a chance at getting a ticket or you have one and have to go through the process again.

Im sure when they make their decisions itll be based on whats best for both the festival and the festival goers but if it is somehow knocked back another year its going to be absolutely disastrous for the festival market as a whole or even the live music scene and I can see many folding so hopefully it doesnt come down to that.