Wouldn't a travel corridor at this point probably involve some sort of negative test result or vaccine passport? Rather than just be a free for all. US do seem close behind the UK in % of population vaccinated though (39 vs 46 doses per 100 people https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html). I think it's not that unreasonable a suggestion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

It will but not by enough. England isn't going down in cases now either since kids are back at school and considering Americans literally do what they want when they want it's not going to just fly down.

Well I very much doubt its going to be any old Tom, dick or Harry that's allowed to travel. It'll be done based on checks, vaccinations etc.

• Upvote 1

Looking at overall case rate is meaningless if you don't control for population size. If you do, and then compare case rate per million people, the US remains higher than the UK but not by such an amount that makes a travel corridor by June impossible. Data visualisation here: https://ourworldindata.org/covid-cases . If you require a vaccine passport (my last post showed they weren't that far behind us on vaccinations) or proof of negative test before travel, it would be entirely feasible.

Does everyone think this is really going to happen? At this point I'm hoping for it to sell out so I can at least flip my ticket. I'd say the likelihood of myself being able to get over from Canada is very low, even though I'm vaccinated. 

4 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Is that the band the guys in Haggard Cat used to be in? Really like Haggard Cat so hopefully they don't end the project to restart HECK

Yeah and I think it will only be a short little stint for them and didn't Haggard announce a tour recently? Can't see them going anyway anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, tbrock said:

Does everyone think this is really going to happen? At this point I'm hoping for it to sell out so I can at least flip my ticket. I'd say the likelihood of myself being able to get over from Canada is very low, even though I'm vaccinated. 

I do not feel confident that it will go ahead. I know our government wants events to return on the 21st of June at the earliest but yesterday Boris said that he hoped for "a proper return...in the autumn". If it does go ahead it will be one of the first events to do so and it will be an easy sell out so I reckon you'll have no trouble getting rid of your ticket.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tbrock said:

They've said VIP and Wednesday tickets will be gone by the end of next week and normal tickets aren't far behind so you should be able to flip it. Or you could just message the organisers, I'm sure they'd be sympathetic to your position and give you a refund.

47 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They've said VIP and Wednesday tickets will be gone by the end of next week and normal tickets aren't far behind so you should be able to flip it. Or you could just message the organisers, I'm sure they'd be sympathetic to your position and give you a refund.

Yeah they're genuine great guys, I'm sure they'd help if I ask. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens! 

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If TRNSMT is moving to September then this is likely done for in July. 

Different type of event on a different scale run by different people in a different country with different rules.

Trees may or may not happen in the end, but trying to claim that TRNSMT is an indicator is pretty dumb.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, incident said:

Different type of event on a different scale run by different people in a different country with different rules.

Trees may or may not happen in the end, but trying to claim that TRNSMT is an indicator is pretty dumb.

Some people just love waffling on like they're experts in everything 

2 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

I've noticed Jimmy Eat World have pulled out of TRNSMT they were confirmed before so maybe they have pulled out of trees aswell. 

TRNSMT has moved to September so they probably didn’t want to come over twice. They have other U.K. shows lined up around the time of 2000 Trees that they’ve (touch wood) not cancelled/rescheduled so they should still be good.

28 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

Similar to Wales there’s no roadmap as such and the Welsh government are certain Wales will have no events and social distancing will be in place for the rest of the year, hopefully Trees will still go ahead in July TRNSMT is 2-3 times bigger than Trees.

Hopefully he annouces something soon

6 hours ago, incident said:

Not really. It still an outdoor 15k independently run festival that will certainly need all it's profits. Given that the festival won't take the bar money that others do either. I'm not claiming to know everything but these weeks are ticking away and the second vaccines for the majority age to attend this aren't due until 3rd week July at least. It's one I'd like to happen too as I don't need to book holiday for it.

The size of event outdoors if people are vaccined doesn't matter. Once the vaccines are done and the clearance period has been covered there isn't much more you can do. What are you then waiting for?, literally everyone is in the same boat for new cases then and waiting longer with not decrease anything as it'll be virtually chance percentage of a cold or flu.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not really. It still an outdoor 15k independently run festival that will certainly need all it's profits. Given that the festival won't take the bar money that others do either. I'm not claiming to know everything but these weeks are ticking away and the second vaccines for the majority age to attend this aren't due until 3rd week July at least. It's one I'd like to happen too as I don't need to book holiday for it.

The size of event outdoors if people are vaccined doesn't matter. Once the vaccines are done and the clearance period has been covered there isn't much more you can do. What are you then waiting for?, literally everyone is in the same boat for new cases then and waiting longer with not decrease anything as it'll be virtually chance percentage of a cold or flu.

I'm not debating whether it goes ahead or not. I don't have a clue if it will or not.

I'm pointing out that an event that's a totally different beast, both in terms of the the way it operates and the environment it operates in, is in any way not a valid indicator. If say NASS were to cancel and you pointed that out then you'd have had a lot more of a point.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm not debating whether it goes ahead or not. I don't have a clue if it will or not.

I'm pointing out that an event that's a totally different beast, both in terms of the the way it operates and the environment it operates in, is in any way not a valid indicator. If say NASS were to cancel and you pointed that out then you'd have had a lot more of a point.

I don't see the issue so much in mass of people. 15k of the age of 2000 Tree attendee is at risk as much as a bigger festival of spread. If everyone is vaccined then 15k, 25k or whatever won't make a difference. But that's how I think.