13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I haven't seen what suggests this in the end but I take your word for it.

Just some not yet uploaded graphics saying roll your tickets over to 2022. Could be a few reasons for that cos I'm not sure why they'd need a clickable link for that seeing as they'd automatically roll tickets not have you click something to opt in.

I do wonder if it's because the International acts have pulled out so they'll offer it to people.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Just some not yet uploaded graphics saying roll your tickets over to 2022. Could be a few reasons for that cos I'm not sure why they'd need a clickable link for that seeing as they'd automatically roll tickets not have you click something to opt in.

I do wonder if it's because the International acts have pulled out so they'll offer it to people.

Agree with this. Think it's likely to be a change in line-up (comparable to Riot Fest's recent announcement about losing MCR) and then giving ticket holders the chance to stay for '21 or roll over for '22. 

• Upvote 1

That makes sense to me at this stage. I thought last year tickets automatically rolled over so you would only need to click anything if you didn't want to. It sounds like too much real world admin if anyone wanting to roll over needed to complete a process 

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I see. That's too technically minded to see for my computer level these days.

I don't want to be a buzzkill or a huge pessimist but they had a "click here to roll your tickets to 2021" link/graphic when it was cancelled last year.

https://www.twothousandtreesfestival.co.uk/2020-update/

Not saying that it isn't possible for them to be booking an all British and Irish line up but I think it's more likely that it's going to be cancelled. Of course the situation is still changing and it might just be preparing to be ready for the worst.

I'm still assuming it's going ahead until we get official confirmation.

Edited by justanothername

2 hours ago, justanothername said:

I don't want to be a buzzkill or a huge pessimist but they had a "click here to roll your tickets to 2021" link/graphic when it was cancelled last year.

https://www.twothousandtreesfestival.co.uk/2020-update/

Not saying that it isn't possible for them to be booking an all British and Irish line up but I think it's more likely that it's going to be cancelled. Of course the situation is still changing and it might just be preparing to be ready for the worst.

I'm still assuming it's going ahead until we get official confirmation.

I think I missed that graphic still being there when I looked. JEW and The Menzingers being out would virtually cancel it for me. That's my reason for an evening ticket.

Realised last night I booked a hotel break when ATG is due to start. Not sure of where bands are based in that line-up but it was the main thing I got my hopes up for with smaller capacity and happening later. With lack of insurance, only a matter of time before it goes too?

32 minutes ago, lemons said:

Realised last night I booked a hotel break when ATG is due to start. Not sure of where bands are based in that line-up but it was the main thing I got my hopes up for with smaller capacity and happening later. With lack of insurance, only a matter of time before it goes too?

Eh maybe? If ATG were to cancel within the same time frame it would be around 21st of June where hopefully we'll start to see a return of live events. If not and the situation remains uncertain then it'll probably suffer the same fate as Trees.

EDIT: Actually I read the Trees statement more and this is what they said about moving it to September

"We looked into this option, but the availability of production (stages, marquees, toilets etc etc) was looking tricky. Plus it was likely that the non-UK bands still wouldn’t have been able to make it. And finally, there still wouldn’t have been any COVID cancellation insurance."

Doesn't bode well for ATG then but I reckon they still might try to hold out.

Edited by justanothername

6 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Eh maybe? If ATG were to cancel within the same time frame it would be around 21st of June where hopefully we'll start to see a return of live events. If not and the situation remains uncertain then it'll probably suffer the same fate as Trees.

EDIT: Actually I read the Trees statement more and this is what they said about moving it to September

"We looked into this option, but the availability of production (stages, marquees, toilets etc etc) was looking tricky. Plus it was likely that the non-UK bands still wouldn’t have been able to make it. And finally, there still wouldn’t have been any COVID cancellation insurance."

Doesn't bode well for ATG then but I reckon they still might try to hold out.

Yeah basically you will have to risk your festivals bankruptcy to to stage a festival this year that won't back you beyond expenditure.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 10:48 AM, lemons said:

Atg postponed until 2022. Feel stupid for thinking anything will happen this year E16QMZnWQAACmKz?format=jpg&name=medium

2 hours ago, lemons said:

Atg postponed until 2022. Feel stupid for thinking anything will happen this year E16QMZnWQAACmKz?format=jpg&name=medium

It does read well for many events. At 5k capacity, if they can't get that going ahead it's looking bleak as I'd imagine they are a fest that could maybe get away with only 3k.

Now its just who if any have faith to keep going. But that's my August long weekend as good as cancelled.