1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see the issue so much in mass of people. 15k of the age of 2000 Tree attendee is at risk as much as a bigger festival of spread. If everyone is vaccined then 15k, 25k or whatever won't make a difference. But that's how I think.

Again, it's a different country. Even if you totally ignore the difference in capacity, and difference in event type (TRNSMT being in centralish Glasgow so potentially having people going in and out of the event and to/from local pubs, cafes, restaurants, shops, public transport, etc) then the country alone means it's not in any way viable as a measure.

As an example of how the Governments are approaching things differently, the current plan is for Euro 2020 matches to go ahead in England with crowds of at least 10,000 at Wembley and likely to end up being significantly higher - including the final on the same weekend as Trees. At this point in time, the Scottish government is indicating that any matches held in Scotland won't be allowed any crowds (leading to a chance that UEFA actually move the matches away from Scotland).

1 hour ago, incident said:

Again, it's a different country. Even if you totally ignore the difference in capacity, and difference in event type (TRNSMT being in centralish Glasgow so potentially having people going in and out of the event and to/from local pubs, cafes, restaurants, shops, public transport, etc) then the country alone means it's not in any way viable as a measure.

As an example of how the Governments are approaching things differently, the current plan is for Euro 2020 matches to go ahead in England with crowds of at least 10,000 at Wembley and likely to end up being significantly higher - including the final on the same weekend as Trees. At this point in time, the Scottish government is indicating that any matches held in Scotland won't be allowed any crowds (leading to a chance that UEFA actually move the matches away from Scotland).

That's fair.

2 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Also because Pearl Jam cancelled, and they're a notoriously risk averse band for touring. 

Think that plus the infrastructure it takes are massive factors re BST. Smaller festivals have time on their side to a greater extent. 

Its been clear for a while Pearl Jam aren't coming to Europe this summer. 

Edited by atomised
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

Royal Blood been announced for Truck Festival in July, could they play here?

Way way too overall. Truck are lucky they are a small festival but manage to get one big headliner given the circle they share with. But they are headlining Victorious and Truck probably stopped that being there only.

14 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

When I googled capacity size Trees is actually bigger so that surprises me abit.

Think it's also because Truck books in line with other festivals (the other Superstruct owned ones, as well as Y Not) and so its easier to get a bigger band, like say Foals or Royal Blood, to play across a number of them. In comparison, Trees act a lot more on their own and so it's harder for them to pull the bigger bands. See this a lot with You Me At Six/Twin Atlantic type bands headlining Trees but then being 2nd or 3rd or so down at the other festivals that happen around the same time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, atomised said:

The best hope is the limited build time and lower capacity by comparison. I dare say trees doesn't cost an 8 figure sum to stage either 

Yup. They will have more time than a few others to say yes or no like the Y Nots etc but it won't be a lot longer. This whole football thing could not come at a worse time as the government have put more effort in to making a stand against that than they have offering cancellation insurance for festivals.

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

Take with a pinch of salt, but have heard from someone involved in the IT ("click here to roll over your tickets to 2022" etc) that cancellation is incoming.

Cheers for the info man. It's disappointing but it's expected unfortunately. Hopefully they'll have a chance to get JEW back and AFI for next years edition. At least then in a way I can purchase knowing all will be good. It was said earlier last month I believe that this year they would be happy with being able to get out, visit places in the UK etc, see friend in pubs and for drinks etc and I am kind of there. Place in the UK I've been meaning to visit for a while now that I have not so there is an open field of destinations to explore.

On 4/21/2021 at 12:15 PM, thewayiam said:

Cheers for the info man. It's disappointing but it's expected unfortunately. Hopefully they'll have a chance to get JEW back and AFI for next years edition. At least then in a way I can purchase knowing all will be good. It was said earlier last month I believe that this year they would be happy with being able to get out, visit places in the UK etc, see friend in pubs and for drinks etc and I am kind of there. Place in the UK I've been meaning to visit for a while now that I have not so there is an open field of destinations to explore.

This isn't 100% solid info btw so *could* be wrong but as @fools_goldpoints out, the assets exist.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I know man. What does the assets bit mean?

Their web developer has done a poor job securing the site. Anytime an image/file/asset is uploaded its visible when you know how that website works. 

Edited by JBarbour

21 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Their web developer has done a poor job securing the site. Anytime an image/file/asset is uploaded its visible when you know how that website works. 

I literally told them about it 5 years ago because I felt bad about potential leaks. They replied saying they'd look into it. 🤷‍♂️

The strange part is that directory should be locked down by default on WP sites.

Edited by sacredshapes

13 minutes ago, sacredshapes said:

I literally told them about it 5 years ago because I felt bad about potential leaks. They replied saying they'd look into it. 🤷‍♂️

The strange part is that directory should be locked down by default on WP sites.

Curiously the same directory now links to files reading click here to roll your tickets to 2021

17 minutes ago, sacredshapes said:

They could probably do with updating their WP version as well. It always amazes me who much these developers will be charging and they can't get the basics right. They are gonna charge a ridiculous amount for the directory to be locked down when it should be default and it takes less than 2 mins to do manually.

So if anyone reading this from the festival don't let them rip you off, this should be the default! 😄