7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

So The Menzingers will clash with JEW? That's likely a no now. The distance and the cost isn't worth it now and to take a days holiday.

While Trees normally has The Axiom headliners on at the same time as the main stage headliners, they have changed it for artists with similar fanbases in the past. They did this in 2019 with Frank Turner and Jamie Lenman. I think it's highly probable they'll do the same for Menzos and JEW so Crossfaith will clash with JEW instead.

Edited by justanothername

7 hours ago, justanothername said:

While Trees normally has The Axiom headliners on at the same time as the main stage headliners, they have changed it for artists with similar fanbases in the past. They did this in 2019 with Frank Turner and Jamie Lenman. I think it's highly probable they'll do the same for Menzos and JEW so Crossfaith will clash with JEW instead.

It made sense considering when you click on The Menzingers on the Trees page it has the whole if you like these then check out Jimmy Eat World. That's the difference between it being worth it for me as it's a good 2hrs 30 minimum drive.

2 hours ago, theramm said:

They got the Axiom & Cave mixed up on the site is all. Last time Menzingers headlined the tent it was packed out. There's no way they're getting downscaled, plus Crossfaith aren't big enough for that spot. 

2 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

Yeah, no way are they putting The Menzingers in The Axiom.

That's what on their site so it'll be the Cave in the space of Crossfaith and then in the Axiom? 

That would change things.

Guessing there will be a few reshuffles what with stray from the path pulling out and the whole beach slang thing. 

I know this year's different, for obvious reasons, but when (in years gone by) does the rest of the line up tend to drop? I remember they previously released a band a day over the course of a week which was cool. 

10 hours ago, justanothername said:

In the past the majority of the line up is normally out by the end of March but that's not always the case. I think it wasn't until May until we got the last headliner in 2018 and I reckon it'll be around May time this year as well.

Wasn't that because they were looking for a replacement for Brand New?

14 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Wasn't that because they were looking for a replacement for Brand New?

We think they were a replacement for Brand New but even if that is true it's more likely due to them being at Slam Dunk that year as well. I can see them being brought in this year if the festival is allowed to go ahead and overseas travel restrictions force them to rebook the US headliners.

5 hours ago, justanothername said:

We think they were a replacement for Brand New but even if that is true it's more likely due to them being at Slam Dunk that year as well. I can see them being brought in this year if the festival is allowed to go ahead and overseas travel restrictions force them to rebook the US headliners.

Brand New are coming back? 

19 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

More US based suggestions, but Manchester Orchestra and Angels and Airwaves both have new music on the way too.

I would love love love Manchester orchestra. Although, for the years I've lurked on these forums they always seem to be rumoured. Is there a reason for that or just wishful thinking? 

I wasn't sure if they were big enough to headline trees? But then I didn't really think Thrice were either. Last time I saw them they were way down the line up at Groezrock which was hardly a big festival and to my knowledge Thrice haven't gotten much bigger since? 

9 minutes ago, Alv88 said:

I would love love love Manchester orchestra. Although, for the years I've lurked on these forums they always seem to be rumoured. Is there a reason for that or just wishful thinking? 

I wasn't sure if they were big enough to headline trees? But then I didn't really think Thrice were either. Last time I saw them they were way down the line up at Groezrock which was hardly a big festival and to my knowledge Thrice haven't gotten much bigger since? 

Just wishful thinking really, I think Trees is the best fit for them to play - don't really see them at Slam Dunk or Download, so otherwise it would be their own tour. Trees have booked Kevin Devine before, so I think there is a good chance they'd go for Manchester Orchestra too. 

As for where they'd play? I'm not too sure, but seeing as they rarely come over here I think you could justify a headline slot. They've definitely got the back catalogue to do it and, having seem them once in the US, a great live show too. Trees headliners can be pretty inconsistent in size, e.g. Thrice and Twin Atlantic being quite small, compared to Frank Turner and Enter Shikari at the other end of the scale. I think if the bookings like them they'd go after them, and then maybe just need a better known headliner to counterbalance them the next day.

Would absolutely love a Forest set too, especially if they could get Bad Books on the bill too. 

Probably a huge long shot here but what about Bring Me The Horizon doing it as a one off? And the delay in announcing it is to shift more tickets for their tour? Extremely unlikely but you never know.

Enter Shikari also seemed like another decent shout and again they have a tour to sell first.

Also someone mentioned Neck Deep due to Trees or ND liking a post regarding them rescheduling their tour, again tickets to shift could be delaying announcing them and didn’t that teaser video on Trees Instagram show a saxophone? I’m sure Neck Deep brought a saxophone player on stage last time I saw them.

Edited by Swansea93

51 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Just wishful thinking really, I think Trees is the best fit for them to play - don't really see them at Slam Dunk or Download, so otherwise it would be their own tour. Trees have booked Kevin Devine before, so I think there is a good chance they'd go for Manchester Orchestra too. 

As for where they'd play? I'm not too sure, but seeing as they rarely come over here I think you could justify a headline slot. They've definitely got the back catalogue to do it and, having seem them once in the US, a great live show too. Trees headliners can be pretty inconsistent in size, e.g. Thrice and Twin Atlantic being quite small, compared to Frank Turner and Enter Shikari at the other end of the scale. I think if the bookings like them they'd go after them, and then maybe just need a better known headliner to counterbalance them the next day.

Would absolutely love a Forest set too, especially if they could get Bad Books on the bill too. 

That makes sense in terms of festivals they would suit them. I'm hoping for a tour regardless as they're always great live. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens regarding US bands and being able to travel. I think you could in theory replace all the bands and go ahead if that was the last resort, only because you'd think most British acts will be desperate for shows and likewise British audiences are desperate for shows. I don't see any bands pulling out affecting my personal decision on attending and I'll be going whoever is in the bill. 

17 minutes ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

Majorly on the ropes about this one since International acts can't come in

However Architects as the last headliner along with Holding Absence fitted in somewhere would easily have me going

Just hope Loathe don't clash Black Peaks and im set!

There’s talk of the US/UK having a travel corridor agreement in place by June so hopefully the US bands will still be able to play.

• Like 1