1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Architects play arenas now. Ask @Andre91

They've done one arena tour. So have other bands that have headlined.

Also they're signed with Good as Gold too which a lot of bands that play Trees do so I fully expect Architects to headline sooner rather than later.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They've done one arena tour. So have other bands that have headlined.

Also they're signed with Good as Gold too which a lot of bands that play Trees do so I fully expect Architects to headline sooner rather than later.

Shikari are the only one I can think of. Either way, they are being talked up as subbing Download. They have gone above and beyond imo now. Trees is 4th down Download/Reading bands.

50 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Shikari are the only one I can think of. Either way, they are being talked up as subbing Download. They have gone above and beyond imo now. Trees is 4th down Download/Reading bands.

You Me At Six, Frank Turner. They've been talked up as Download subs for years, it'll be still be Alter Bridge, Deftones, Korn and the likes like it is every bloody year.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2021 at 5:46 PM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

You Me At Six, Frank Turner. They've been talked up as Download subs for years, it'll be still be Alter Bridge, Deftones, Korn and the likes like it is every bloody year.

YM@6 weren't touching arenas in 2019. Also they got to Ally Pally. Architects did Ally Pally followed by Wembley Arena.

I'll just about give you Frank and I remember that being thought of as a big booking but he doesn't get close to selling them out.

Finally got this booked off work but I'm not sure that it will go ahead but Trees seem to be going full steam ahead. Luckily with the crowdfunder they are finically secure so if a last minute cancelation happens it will be ok for 2022.

I think that their final headliner should probably be a British one incase there are still issues with overseas artists coming over to play. With that in mind I wouldn't mind it if Trees went back to an all British line up again. Could be quite interesting.

Edited by justanothername

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

I'm fully expecting it to get postponed, but time will tell. It was surely a huge logistical challenge to put together, it won't be a small task postponing it all either.

Not overly huge, they set it up in about two weeks, and postponing it might be easier than you'd think given the close relationship they have with owners of the farm that hosts the festival. 

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Not overly huge, they set it up in about two weeks, and postponing it might be easier than you'd think given the close relationship they have with owners of the farm that hosts the festival. 

I was referring to the Hella Mega comment above 😛

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

I'm fully expecting it to get postponed, but time will tell. It was surely a huge logistical challenge to put together, it won't be a small task postponing it all either.

Myself too. I saw a ticket left and was tempted but it's right when I was thinking of a Cornwall getaway so I'd want to be more sure.

3 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Can you purchase day tickets? Not the biggest fan of the Friday and Saturday lineups

Yes. currently with a mailing list sign up you can get 10% off. £34 for the Thursday evening with admission from 6pm. So Dinosaur Pine-Up, Creeper, The Menzingers and JEW. You can't argue. 

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Got my ticket for Trees. Very excited (more early entry put on now). Great festival and had to book before the inevitable sellout. That’s Leeds and Trees now. Cannot wait for summer. 

I'm thinking I'll snap up two evening passes for Thursday and it I can't go for whatever reason then I'll sell them at face value. Pretty sure some one will snap them 

18 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

I got a feeling it may be Architects, given the day free looks heavier, they’ve just dropped a new album and announced 2 album shows in July.. would be a massive coup if they got them in.

Does seem to fit the timeline quite well. If I had to guess I’d guess it was them. 

July 10th - Trees

July 23rd - Liverpool

July 24th - Leeds

August 6th - Kingston 

The TPD interview with Rob revealed they were waiting to be allowed to be announced (these gigs now then announce them after or maybe a bigger UK tour in due course and after that, Trees can reveal). Makes sense. Would be a massive booking and a great night.

Pls be Architects lads.