ABBA

Jne___

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's definitely something uncanny valley about this idea of trying to make these CG creations the actual focus of the show.  The videos give the impression that the actual live musicians will be in the pit and the audience will be mainly watching...a video? 

You'd rather focus on Wee Willie McKee who's been hired to play the bongos?

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wouldn't mind them to be on the stage.

I guess their point in recent decades has always been that your vision of ABBA wouldn't square up to the reality.  

And so now they're having a pop at giving folk the vision.

The fact that that they're emphasising dance floors and so on shows that they're not focusing on the muso market who want to know how Rutger Gunnarsson kept it so tight in the pocket.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I guess their point in recent decades has always been that your vision of ABBA wouldn't square up to the reality.  

And so now they're having a pop at giving folk the vision.

The fact that that they're emphasising dance floors and so on shows that they're not focusing on the muso market who want to know how Rutger Gunnarsson kept it so tight in the pocket.

He really did though.

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Are they kind of doing it ironically, or can't they face the fans seeing them live as pensioners... Stand by for someone to learn all of Jackson's moves and to resurrect him in the same way...

Keep up:

https://time.com/104725/michael-jackson-hologram-billboard/?amp=true

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

'Tis true....although it's always been known there is a healthy dose of double-tracking and varying the recording speed in there to get that 'sound'.....or so I read.

Yeah, but you can use all the varispeed double tracking you like and you're not going to get that sound. It's like how a chef can use all the gadgets in the world, but to make top quality food, you need specific top quality ingredients.

So where does this sit in the rankings of long, long awaited comeback records? I can only think of:

The Beatles

Bowie

The Stone Roses

Blondie

Guns N' Roses

At the moment, I'm ranking it similar to Blondie (who to be fair weren't away all that long), better than The Beatles, but not quite as good as Bowie. I'm utterly unqualified to judge Axl+co, but I hear their comeback was rubbish.

Who have I missed? Surely some other acts have had lengthy gaps before returning with actual new music?

• Like 1

BTW, saw a clearer answer for the ticket limit. Still only the 21 gbp price listed anywhere but thats still not going to be a terrible spot in the venue since its so small. Curious if its maybe the back row of seating and then itll just go from there. 

1. You’ll be able to book up to 8 tickets at a time for the main auditorium and general admission and up to 44 tickets in the Dance Booths.

38 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

BTW, saw a clearer answer for the ticket limit. Still only the 21 gbp price listed anywhere but thats still not going to be a terrible spot in the venue since its so small. Curious if its maybe the back row of seating and then itll just go from there. 

That 44 limit makes a lot more sense for the booths. I bet it'll cost an absolute fortune to book out one of those.

23 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That 44 limit makes a lot more sense for the booths. I bet it'll cost an absolute fortune to book out one of those.

Who knows. I think it would be nice of them to just break it all down. Considering there is likely a consensus if people willing to pay a lot to get in, it wouldnt hurt at all. I mean thats Ticketmasters main issue is they just think youll be willing to fork over whatever price is there because you have no choice, but we've seen that backfire. I mean there is a hotel package option, let people know, they have to budget somehow.  And I I saw that this is supposedly going to be in London for 4 years? If thats truly the case then I doubt you have such a rush for tickets when it could just end up being a regular tourist attraction that you can buy a ticket to like the London Eye.

Edited by Suprefan

It’s ironic that in the 70s when I would have had the chance to see ABBA live (when they phoned last night from Glasgow!) I was into heavy and prog rock .  If I had dared suggest ABBA to my mates I would have been totally humiliated.  Now I’m excited about a hologram and a new album!   Times change. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dont sweat it bro.  We all had mates who were dicks.

Us hordes of long haired RAF coat wearing teenagers with the beginnings of bum fluff growing on our chins earnestly discussing the latest Yes or Zeppelin album or who was going to get the Floyd tickets was a sight to behold.   The coolest guys in school.                                                                And we all secretly watched TOTP for a glimpse of ABBA.