ABBA

Jne___

Just now, parsonjack said:

A virtual Michael telling 1m virtual GF ticket holders in 2120 this will be 'the best festival yet' . 

Not sure I want to be around for that. 

Haha was thinking it could be Coldplay's solution to keep making money without feeling guilty! Most bands won't care til they're forced to make the change 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

One venue, loads of gigs vs touring around lugging all the stuff 

True, but you have people flying in from around the world, and even traveling from all over the uk. Also if it works there are rumours they tour this around the world, also have the energy used to create it.

Still may try for tickets though

Edited by fred quimby

Well… they definitely sound like ABBA songs. Not sure if they’re actually that good or just pale imitations of older stuff… but it’s kind of nice to hear them just fall right back in to their old sound after so long. Surprised we’re getting an actual album after the original plan was just four songs I think.

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well… they definitely sound like ABBA songs. Not sure if they’re actually that good or just pale imitations of older stuff… but it’s kind of nice to hear them just fall right back in to their old sound after so long. Surprised we’re getting an actual album after the original plan was just four songs I think.

It's definitely better than any of the solo stuff. 

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I assume that you are referring to the disturbing 'Does your mother know' song?

Queens' Hammer To Fall always gives me a DYMK earworm. 

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

A virtual Michael telling 1m virtual GF ticket holders in 2120 this will be 'the best festival yet' . 

Not sure I want to be around for that. 

I would love to see hologramatic ABBA play Glastonbury but am worried that it would set a precedent.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cap doffed! Laughed at that, and probably not an unrealistic scenario. 

Quite. Was thinking this when the first stage hologram things were touted. 

Please don't let this be the future of festivals.

______

I've had a Winner Takes It All earworm all day.

And. Didn't ABBA have one of the coolest but simplest band logos of all time? Just reverse that first B and it's a mirror. For a two boys two girls band. Timeless piece of genius. And surely influenced AC/DC namewise?.

So, what is everyone’s honest opinion about the concerts. Is everyone going to spring for a £21 ticket just for curiosity or think its a big money grab but not in the normal sense? Everyones gramm wants to go cause of the nostalgia? I mean the website crashed due to so many people pre ordering the album so thats something.

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So, what is everyone’s honest opinion about the concerts. Is everyone going to spring for a £21 ticket just for curiosity or think its a big money grab but not in the normal sense? Everyones gramm wants to go cause of the nostalgia? I mean the website crashed due to so many people pre ordering the album so thats something.

I assume tickets start at £21 for the cheap seats and then rocket up in price the closer you get to the stage.

But I don't see why it wouldn't be a ton of fun.

And with a new album it's not *just* a cynical money grab. More like a way of satisfying the demand for ABBA that undoubtedly exists without them having to tour again.