ABBA

Jne___

5 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Yea quite rubbish. No idea why they do that

They still havent figured out how to get the website back to how it was pre covid. Still short staffed and it shows. I went back and checked the date I got tickets for and theres a decent amount left. Now you hope anyone that didnt purchase the album has.m a better experience tomorrow

18 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Excellent. Looks like they sorted out the mess of yesterday

Yes. I logged on before 10am and joined a queue then at 10am joined another one and got through pretty quickly after that. Even though I stupidly closed that page down I had it running in the ticketmaster app too and got it through that. We wanted some seats but they weren't offering anything decent so went for standing instead. 

One thing to note is that prices vary depending what day it is. Originally I was looking at Saturdays as we (well the tickets are actually for my wife and daughter) would need to travel but went for Thursday of half term instead as was cheaper

25 minutes ago, Homer said:

What's the crack with getting tickets then? £20 ones should have a decent view as it's small? As I live in London, I would be better off waiting a bit as it will run for years and go on a week night? Is that a fair summary? Thanks!

I would assume the view would be fine, as you say not a big arena.

Meant to only run until start of September, think the first week. Whether they keep it going or shift it around the world I have no idea

51 minutes ago, Homer said:

What's the crack with getting tickets then? £20 ones should have a decent view as it's small? As I live in London, I would be better off waiting a bit as it will run for years and go on a week night? Is that a fair summary? Thanks!

£21 tickets are about where i circled and thats it for that section and the opposite side. The seating chart as a whole is below. Then it goes up £10 the further center you go but its capped at £107 for most of the seats except down low it goes a bit higher. Dance booths were the costly ticket. A thursday show will be the cheapest of them overall. I bought Sunday tickets and it was £31 for the same seats. Its selling really well so far on the friday and saturday shows. I understand its tough to book this far in advance but I think the solution is to get a matinee ticket so you could still go to a gig that night if you had an overlap.

2B33022C-959F-49CC-B881-25313E85A970.jpeg

D15D58E6-3439-48E9-ACF8-AED5D0E84755.gif

Edited by Suprefan

No thank you but they are definitely leading the way for future gigs.. You'll have Elvis at Glastonbury headlining the virtual legend stage in a few years 

You heard it hear first lol

Edited by guypjfreak

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Oh, and if the ABBAtars aren't super creepy and people like it, there may be opportunities to see them for some time:

https://www.dezeen.com/2021/09/07/stufish-arena-london-abba-reunion-tour/

Screenshot_20210907-223854.png

I wonder why this hasn't been done in Sweden as its ABBAs homeland. Sure they have a huge British following but I would have thought it's something they might take round the world instead of keeping in one place as there will be a huge demand for it globally 

12 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I wonder why this hasn't been done in Sweden as its ABBAs homeland. Sure they have a huge British following but I would have thought it's something they might take round the world instead of keeping in one place as there will be a huge demand for it globally 

Money, I guess. London has better transport links and is just bigger.  And as the article above says, the arena is designed to be transportable.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

New old tune has the ABBA magic.  What a time to be alive.

What is going on with it's old/newness?  I think it's an old recording with some new overdubs - maybe just the vocals from the original sessions. The pianos certainly has the same timbre as in Don't Shut Me Down.

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What is going on with it's old/newness?  I think it's an old recording with some new overdubs - maybe just the vocals from the original sessions. The pianos certainly has the same timbre as in Don't Shut Me Down.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/listen-to-abbas-ridiculously-happy-new-single-just-a-notion-3076622

The song – which follows on from comeback singles ‘I Still Have Faith in You’ and ‘Don’t Shut Me Down’ – was initially recorded in September 1978 but didn’t make the final cut of the Swedish hitmakers’ sixth studio album ‘Voulez-Vous’ the following year.

The new version features updated instrumentals, but retains the vocals from the original recording. In a statement, the group’s Björn Ulvaeus described the new single as “a ridiculously happy song” and that “hopefully it will cheer you up in these dark times!”