ABBA

Jne___

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I assume tickets start at £21 for the cheap seats and then rocket up in price the closer you get to the stage.

But I don't see why it wouldn't be a ton of fun.

And with a new album it's not *just* a cynical money grab. More like a way of satisfying the demand for ABBA that undoubtedly exists without them having to tour again.

Well I started to think about maybe a thought they had in all this was that they probably knew they physically could not do a proper tour. Even if they were seriously considering it years ago when the big money was first being offered, it just wasnt going to be possible.  Like they want to be “perfect” when it comes to performing, right? Even the great ones have had off nights and why risk that type of thing especially now at almost 80. So preserving a performance in their current state was the solution to that. Because they couldve been lazy and just overlaid studio version vocals for everything and then its really not worth it at all to go. 

Really looking forward to the new album and thought the ILM digital 'ABBA'tars were very impressive. Enjoyed the interview with Benny and Bjorn. Love the two new songs. I'm so happy about all this!

Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the new tracks.  I Still Have Faith In You sounds like it belongs in a musical (and not necessarily in a great way) but Don't Shut Me Down wouldn't sound out of place among their old material. Vocals sound stronger than I expected, and they clearly still know how to arrange a track. I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I'm definitely interested by the new album.

That said, the hologram thing is (IMO) a bunch of old nonsense.

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

Was trying to find out the prices. They're doing 2-a-days, like a theatre show. Might explain the ticket limits

Ticket Limits

Please note: There is a ticket Limit of 44 tickets per person and per credit card on this event

I wanna know how theyre figuring 44 people will plan to go together and it all goes on one card. More curious on how many £21 tickets they are selling out of 3000. I mean the floor probably holds half and the other half is seating.

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I wanna know how theyre figuring 44 people will plan to go together and it all goes on one card. More curious on how many £21 tickets they are selling out of 3000. I mean the floor probably holds half and the other half is seating.

Must admit I am only going by a report on the BBC last night that they are building a 3000 seat arena, so it maybe they have standing as well as the seats or 3000 is just the max and they happened to say seated.

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

Must admit I am only going by a report on the BBC last night that they are building a 3000 seat arena, so it maybe they have standing as well as the seats or 3000 is just the max and they happened to say seated.

If you watch the video press conference on YouTube they show some diagrams of the inside of the venue and shows standing plus seats. There is this is on their website too. Maybe they do pricing like U2 where standing is cheaper than seats. They figure the older side of the audience will need to sit at some point and the youngins will dance all night.

0F34B4E3-EB70-4BE8-B8D4-B068B9FA1A4E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

If you watch the video press conference on YouTube they show some diagrams of the inside of the venue and shows standing plus seats. There is this is on their website too. Maybe they do pricing like U2 where standing is cheaper than seats. They figure the older side of the audience will need to sit at some point and the youngins will dance all night.

0F34B4E3-EB70-4BE8-B8D4-B068B9FA1A4E.jpeg

Have not had time yet to watch the press conference (Lunch time viewing I reckon) so thanks that is great. Love the idea of a dance booth, will not be able to afford that though

25 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I was thinking coach party bookings and the like. You could bring people from around the UK, as well as from France, Belgium and any country close enough to drive onto the channel tunnel train on a day trip no problem.

27 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Whilst I welcome new music I really don’t get the ABBA’tars thing, I’m old school I like my live music to be live. At least when Britney, Madonna or Beyoncé mime,  they are doing it in front of you.

it just screams cash grab.

Do the members of Abba need more cash, I wonder? I'm sure that they are not adverse to receiving more and will have set it up so that they do, but maybe they have done things the way that they have for artistic . personal interest reasons. Just a thought.

51 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Whilst I welcome new music I really don’t get the ABBA’tars thing, I’m old school I like my live music to be live. At least when Britney, Madonna or Beyoncé mime,  they are doing it in front of you.

Surely if it was a cash grab thing why not get on a plane do a short tour to stadiums with the same band that will play at these gigs. Why spend all that time working on the Abba-tars and creating a purpose built Arena with all the costs involved.

Plus I think it is kinda cool, very different to a normal gig I have been to

Edited by fred quimby

52 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My issue is that the wife has opted out already and I doubt I'll get any takers from amongst the rest of the broheim.

Solo mission?  Wouldn't give a fiddlers at a normal gig but this feels like something you would need mates for.

I'm considering it.  An 11 piece band playing the hits is not something you get with Bjorn Again.  In some ways worth it for the live instrumentation, never mind the weird CGI.

4 hours ago, Smeble said:

You know when  The Blue Man Group perform it’s not really the original members? Theyve trained younger and capable people to do it for them so show goes on.

Dont know why you decided to throw one of the top 5 best vocalists currently out there as somebody that is a habitual lip syncher. Britney just cant sing and Madonna cant  sing anymore due to age. Shouldve said Janet Jackson instead of Beyonce, since she did it so glaringly at Glasto 2 years ago.