Mercury nominations

gigpusher

There are a couple I like amongst them but I gotta say for me compared to last year’s i think its a really weak vintage.

Mostly pretty dull compared to last year, particularly the guitar-based acts. Feel like as well as Dave, Fontaines, Anna Calvi, Idles and slowthai albums last year would all walk this so far. Agree with @Tuna that girl band should be on there, great band, great album.

So far for me Marling’s best work to date should get it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

There are a couple I like amongst them but I gotta say for me compared to last year’s i think its a really weak vintage.

Mostly pretty dull compared to last year, particularly the guitar-based acts. Feel like as well as Dave, Fontaines, Anna Calvi, Idles and slowthai albums last year would all walk this so far. Agree with @Tuna that girl band should be on there, great band, great album.

So far for me Marling’s best work to date should get it.

Yep for me last year was a treat though I would have been happy with about half the list winning last year and that is rare. 

Just now, Tuna said:

Between him and Moses Boyd I reckon.

Not heard that one yet to be fair and I won't vote in the poll until I have listened to them all and that will take a while but for me it will take some beating. First time I heard it I thought it was sublime and still do.

Just now, dentalplan said:

So none of this year’s nominees are going to be this year’s biggest Mercury Prize loser.

Very good list. My favourite is the Porridge mob but Kiwanuka’s name is on the trophy.

Honestly I could see Kano nabbing it, he's probably the underdog here. A lot of the voting is based off the performance on the night isn't it? His current show is superb.