Music festivals and the future

taylor_247

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Hit an issue on the second question. I’m over 35 and still got plenty of festivals in me yet. Should re submit with the additional option for us old party animals. 😂

Yep. In fact tons of us on here are outside the allowed age range.

Try not to pre judge who your audience are (not you squirrel). If you do resubmit, don't just add a 35+ bracket, that's insulting!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

4 hours ago, taylor_247 said:

If you have 2 minutes would appreciate some responses for my dissertation research. It focuses on music festivals, technology and the future. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZDgDw-ENmMbUtQVhH6Ztat4VOMAZRZuoT0enhCZ4cHB_JNw/viewform

I take offense because Ive likely been going to festivals longer than you have even been alive, yet am not that far above the age 35 threshold, so what gives? 

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I take offense because Ive likely been going to festivals longer than you have even been alive, yet am not that far above the age 35 threshold, so what gives? 

That’s probably true but this is a research project and it’s not unusual for research to focus on a specific age range. I’ve never said that over 35’s don’t attend music festival 

4 minutes ago, taylor_247 said:

That’s probably true but this is a research project and it’s not unusual for research to focus on a specific age range. I’ve never said that over 35’s don’t attend music festival 

We can handle a festival. We just can’t handle this new fangled technology. Back in my day we didn’t even have mobile phones. We had to rely on flag signals to help us arrange meet ups with people. 

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

We can handle a festival. We just can’t handle this new fangled technology. Back in my day we didn’t even have mobile phones. We had to rely on flag signals to help us arrange meet ups with people. 

I suppose a follow up research project could look into how those attending festivals before technology had such a large influence and how this has changed festival experience.

18 hours ago, taylor_247 said:

If you have 2 minutes would appreciate some responses for my dissertation research. It focuses on music festivals, technology and the future. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZDgDw-ENmMbUtQVhH6Ztat4VOMAZRZuoT0enhCZ4cHB_JNw/viewform

You're going to fail your dissertation when your tutor sees you have omitted a massive amount of data from over 35''s which is very relevant.... Kind of makes any conclusions or opinion you draw to be flawed or plain wrong? 

Your dissertation is to determine the future of festivals, tech and new experiences.... not how do under 35's feel about festivals and tech

Defo getting a 3rd if your lucky. :D  ;) 

Edited by Havors
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Flags? You were lucky. We had to use 2 tin cans joined with string. And we had to weave the string first! 

7 hours ago, taylor_247 said:

I suppose a follow up research project could look into how those attending festivals before technology had such a large influence and how this has changed festival experience.

It’s more that you’re sort of ignoring the bridge generation per say. The ones that progressed with the technology itself. I mean thats where I lie directly in. I was a guinea pig for innovation pretty much, from when the internet exploded in the early 90’s til now. How the crude forms of music discovery led us to these events and then how those events got to where they are now.  

Pretty much the main thing would be mobile phones getting in the way, thats likely the answer most of the older lot will give. I have always had great interest into whats next with the festival experience and how technology is used. Luckily having Coachella just a 2 hour drive away gives me the chance to see a great deal of that because they embrace that sort of thing. Anyway, carry on. 

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

Flags? You were lucky. We had to use 2 tin cans joined with string. And we had to weave the string first! 

Tin cans? Luxury! When we wanted to communicate someone would give me the message and I'd have to run across the site looking for the other guy. I'd do that 26 hours a day with no shoes on and only half a discarded growler to keep me going.

• Upvote 1