Rockfield Studios

Skelts

Not sure if this has been posted or aired before but I watched this earlier and it’s quality. 
Black Sabbath, Queen, Iggy Pop, right through to the Stone Roses, Oasis and Coldplay. 
Some great behind the scenes footage. 

Rockfield: The Studio on the Farm, Rockfield: The Studio on the Farm: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000l3vn via @bbciplayer

• Upvote 1

Many years ago { 1970/71 or close } I was able to get a job in Thor Recording studio in Glasgow { at the time there was only 2 Professional studios in Scotland and Thor was one of them } - I was a trainee sound engineer.

The studio was taking over in  1974 and renamed Ca Va Studios.They have recorded  Westlife, Belle & Sebastian, Paolo Nutini, Robbie Williams and Take That, The Script, Ed Sheeran, Snow Patrol, Avril Lavigne, The Black Eyed Peas, Texas, Jessie J, The Proclaimers, Rage Against the Machine, Travis, Red Hot Chili Peppers, David Byrne, Mogwai, Eddi Reader and The Fall, amongst others.

Certainly not as big as Rockfield but just as chaotic and should have been called The Twilight Zone as Bands would come in after playing a gig somewhere so it was frantic work very late at night.

Unlike Rockfield it was in the centre of Glasgow on a street full of offices who had not a clue what was going on when very strange people would stagger into the daylight.

it was though that connection how I ended up being the resident DJ in the infamous Lunar Seven { 221 Buchanan Street G1 2JZ - its been demolished } before I ended up in London  

I found Rockfield very interesting although I would have loved to find out what hardware they were using.

227_Control1.thumb.jpg.2042b93ac6443e1b13e36130eb513143.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks so much for drawing my attention to this one. Really enjoyed it. Sad watching Tim Burgess talking about Rob's death. He really is one of the nice guys of the music world. So many interesting facts. Would love to stay there and get the tour. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Thanks so much for drawing my attention to this one. Really enjoyed it. Sad watching Tim Burgess talking about Rob's death. He really is one of the nice guys of the music world. So many interesting facts. Would love to stay there and get the tour. 

I really wanted to hear that house track!

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I really wanted to hear that house track!

Yes just think of the things produced there that we haven't heard. Incidentally you can't get on their holiday lets website because they have exceeded their bandwidth!