Victorious 2021

Seems to be absolutely impossible to get hold of kaboodle/the festival to sort my issue out...

Basically I won two weekend tickets, which is fantastic, however they don't include camping which is really our only option. I am more than happy to pay an additional amount to 'add on' camping but not getting any sort of response from anyone. 

Reckon it would be madness to just turn up to the campsite and speak to them tomorrow morning on the campsite gate? Pretty much stuck for options now.. 

36 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Cheers mate will have a look 😀

Anyone know any good alternative bars / clubs? ...or karaoke

No probs. Not sure if you saw my edit, but Rome2Rio is good for public transport routes.

Can't help with good clubs though, haven't been clubbing for years & seemed to only go to shit places 😂

5 hours ago, BrizzleRob said:

Wouldn’t mind a bar/club recommendation ourselves. Alternative would be ideal, as well as not minding pissed up festival goers. 😬

The Deco is a rock pub in Southsea, not sure how far it is from the common (only been there once) but had a good vibe. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BrizzleRob said:

Wouldn’t mind a bar/club recommendation ourselves. Alternative would be ideal, as well as not minding pissed up festival goers. 😬

Palmerston road which is right next to southsea common has plenty of bars that are open till 3am across the weekend Hong Kong Charlies, the monarch, drift bar, Scarlett tap, there is also Albert road (which is a short taxi journey but be aware there has been massive problems with taxis in Portsmouth atm massive shortage in drivers so the so called black cabs will be putting their prices up in anticipation) has plenty of pubs and bars suited to the music festival music scene which are open till 2-3 in the morning but again be aware bouncers are pricks down there on a normal weekend.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Seems to be absolutely impossible to get hold of kaboodle/the festival to sort my issue out...

Basically I won two weekend tickets, which is fantastic, however they don't include camping which is really our only option. I am more than happy to pay an additional amount to 'add on' camping but not getting any sort of response from anyone. 

Reckon it would be madness to just turn up to the campsite and speak to them tomorrow morning on the campsite gate? Pretty much stuck for options now.. 

have you tried offsitecamping@victoriousfestival.co.uk 

they may be able to help? 

Queues for the toilets last night were horrendous - 30 minutes minimum from mid afternoon.  Two sets; one queue snaking into the crowds watching the bands, the other of such poor quality that my daughter refused to visit them again.  Struck me the organizers had over sold / under provided.

Quick question.  It was our first visit to Victorious.  I know they open the rest of the site for Saturday and Sunday.  Do they generally experience these problems on a Friday and they are resolved when the whole of the site is open?  Thinking about cutting our losses and giving the next 2 days a miss

19 minutes ago, Xabisfeet said:

Queues for the toilets last night were horrendous - 30 minutes minimum from mid afternoon.  Two sets; one queue snaking into the crowds watching the bands, the other of such poor quality that my daughter refused to visit them again.  Struck me the organizers had over sold / under provided.

Quick question.  It was our first visit to Victorious.  I know they open the rest of the site for Saturday and Sunday.  Do they generally experience these problems on a Friday and they are resolved when the whole of the site is open?  Thinking about cutting our losses and giving the next 2 days a miss

No idea as it’s my first time but agree on the toilets queues being ridiculous.  I’d hope that now the rest is opening up it’ll be more spread about or that you can just walk a little further for a shorter queue

Agree the toilet queue were bad. Also hope opening the other side will help with this.

Thought the sound bleed from Strongbow Yard was a pain. Still not 100 percent about large crowds and personal space, so moved back a little for Madness as most moved forward and was spoiled by this. It did not seem like you had to be far back for this to happen. 

My first (and likely only) time at the festival.

Toilet queues did look horrendous - I've got an Airbnb nearby so avoided the worst. I heard some people saying an hour later in the evening. Its obviously easier for men with the urinals, but even then some were going against fences and in the crowd (why do people think that's acceptable?!). I really feel for the women though - there were groups creating barriers around each other so they could go in private as they couldn't wait any longer and some were attempting to use the urinals. The toilets have come straight from Green Man, a festival a quarter of the size (I had no idea Victorious was this big). 

Apparently the bar selection is crap too? I didn't brave the queues to find out. Some locals told me there used to be local beers too, but now it's all mass produced lager. 

The sound quality on the Common Stage is only any good in front of the mixing desk, but to get there is tricky. Lots of jostling and a general hostility last night between the (generally) older folks there for Madness and younger crowd who just wanted to get drunk and be boisterous. Madness we're great fun though 😊

I'm hoping it'll be better across the weekend with more stages and hopefully some hidden corners. World music already seems to have a good vibe. I think I'll be dipping in and out of the festival though at this point. 

1 hour ago, JHad said:

My first (and likely only) time at the festival.

Toilet queues did look horrendous - I've got an Airbnb nearby so avoided the worst. I heard some people saying an hour later in the evening. Its obviously easier for men with the urinals, but even then some were going against fences and in the crowd (why do people think that's acceptable?!). I really feel for the women though - there were groups creating barriers around each other so they could go in private as they couldn't wait any longer and some were attempting to use the urinals. The toilets have come straight from Green Man, a festival a quarter of the size (I had no idea Victorious was this big). 

Apparently the bar selection is crap too? I didn't brave the queues to find out. Some locals told me there used to be local beers too, but now it's all mass produced lager. 

The sound quality on the Common Stage is only any good in front of the mixing desk, but to get there is tricky. Lots of jostling and a general hostility last night between the (generally) older folks there for Madness and younger crowd who just wanted to get drunk and be boisterous. Madness we're great fun though 😊

I'm hoping it'll be better across the weekend with more stages and hopefully some hidden corners. World music already seems to have a good vibe. I think I'll be dipping in and out of the festival though at this point. 

We'll be there on Sunday. I've never really liked Victorious but generally go for whichever day looks the best because it's only 25 minutes drive away.

Slot times are rubbish, half an hour lower down the bill is an insult to some of the artists. Only being allowed to being an "empty drinking vessel" on site is actually quite funny because it's so petty. 

Bar queues are always bad and the choice is generally crap and expensive which is extra annoying when you can't take any of your own drinks in with you. 

When you go to events such as Green Man and End of the Road you realise how lucky we are that they actually seem to care about their customers. The one day events I've been to in London like Field Day are so much better organised. 

Saying that the Sunday line up is half decent and I'm looking forward to seeing the locals get all confused by Pigsx7.

• Like 1