Victorious 2021

12 hours ago, sisco said:

Surely it’s got to be announced tomorrow?! Less than 2 weeks to go seems to be cutting it fine now. 

Think they are just starting to take the piss. This isn’t shortly is it really? 
I get how hard it must be for festivals at the moment but we’re going on 10 days.

18 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Think they are just starting to take the piss. This isn’t shortly is it really? 
I get how hard it must be for festivals at the moment but we’re going on 10 days.

It’s more for those who may have day tickets just for Ashcroft for example.  Bit harsh to leave them hanging around.  

13 hours ago, sisco said:

Surely it’s got to be announced tomorrow?! Less than 2 weeks to go seems to be cutting it fine now. 

James play a big London show on Friday and Beautiful Days on Saturday. I’m hoping we’re waiting for those shows to pass and then they’ll be announced. That would be a major result for me.

Can only think other shows is the reason for the replacement not being announced yet. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sisco said:

It’s more for those who may have day tickets just for Ashcroft for example.  Bit harsh to leave them hanging around.  

Yeah it is. There was this issue at tramlines, they announced supergrass fairly quickly and gave a few refunds I believe or offered to those who didn’t want to go who had only booked for Ashcroft. 

They just need to hurry up now. I reckon a lot of people are holding back buying tickets just because of this... 

Anybody heard anything yet? The social channels are flooded with people asking who the replacement is and also a huge swathe of scam ticket things. Do you reckon they’re playing the long game so people don’t try and get refunds?

8 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

Anybody heard anything yet? The social channels are flooded with people asking who the replacement is and also a huge swathe of scam ticket things. Do you reckon they’re playing the long game so people don’t try and get refunds?

I would imagine its as simple as:

A) they are struggling to get some one at the same "level/status" as Ashcroft

or

B) They have some one signed up but can't release the name due to other commitments that the artist has.

Lets hope it's B.

I know someone has already ruled them out, but Im still hoping for the manics to be announced shortly.  Headlining camper calling on the Sunday, surely could squeeze in Saturday here.  Supergrass are playing both, Saturday/Sunday.  However can’t see the logic in why they haven’t announced it, no gigs near Portsmouth on the tour

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I know someone has already ruled them out, but Im still hoping for the manics to be announced shortly.  Headlining camper calling on the Sunday, surely could squeeze in Saturday here.  Supergrass are playing both, Saturday/Sunday.  However can’t see the logic in why they haven’t announced it, no gigs near Portsmouth on the tour

Manics pulled out after being on 2020 line up ,so for whatever reason could not make 2021 line up,so why would they be on now? still think it will be someone headlining/playing this weekend.which would prob mean JAMES.

They said they will announce a replacement shortly.  That is a confident statement.  I have no doubts a new act will appear, I just think it will be so poor that leaving it as "TBC" on their poster has a better chance of selling the final tickets than the act itself.  Could just be someone doing a DJ set which might be some people's cup of tea but not mine.

The more time goes on the less faith I have it will be anyone decent.  If they had a real trump card in reserve then why were they not on the initial lineup and what is taking so long

37 minutes ago, retrokev said:

Manics pulled out after being on 2020 line up ,so for whatever reason could not make 2021 line up,so why would they be on now? still think it will be someone headlining/playing this weekend.which would prob mean JAMES.

Yeah you’re probably right.  Slightly cynical but I imagine they have a good half a dozen bands available that would fit the slot nicely, who will play for the cheapest? 

I actually wouldn’t mind James, just hope it’s someone half decent not a million miles away from indie/rock

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Re Ashcroft does this mean he'll be canceling his show's later in the year? Surely the same CoVid procedures will be in place then??

I’d imagine so, but not all events have same Covid procedures so you never know.  The weekend after victorious I’m going to my local festival, https://vibrationfestival.com, they aren’t looking for proof of vaccination or negative test.  However they are encouraging people to test before coming and if positive stay at home.  Relying on people’s conscience rather than enforcing anything. 

10 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Re Ashcroft does this mean he'll be canceling his show's later in the year? Surely the same CoVid procedures will be in place then??

That's not a simple thing.

As it stands, today, in most cases the various COVID Status checks that festivals and venues are doing are voluntary and not required by law (most football grounds aren't bothering for example). So if the venues agree to not check attendees then he can play the shows and still be consistent.

The Government have threatened to make proof of vaccination mandatory for events from the end of September, which if it happens would definitely affect his shows, but I kinda doubt they'll follow through on that.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

guessing they won’t release times either until they have the replacement.  Annoying!!

Bit underwhelmed at minute, I want these so I can plan out who I’m going to see, get listening do the playlists and just look forward to it. 

3 hours ago, KBR1991 said:

The amount of people trying to flog their Saturday tickets via Facebook and twickets ect. I genuinely think they can’t find anybody to replace of same size as Ashcroft. Don’t know how they are going to do it. 

Jesus you weren't kidding. I've never seen so many people selling! 

8 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Jesus you weren't kidding. I've never seen so many people selling! 

I think they’ve dropped a bollock with this. I think they will hold out to ensure they don’t have a tramlines scenario on their hands.... Refunds like someone said earlier....

I don’t think they have faith in who they’ve booked to sell the tickets hence people would seek refunds even more. At least pockets stay lined. What it’s doing is forcing a lot of people trying to flog their tickets so at least they keep the sale if they don’t have to go through a refunds process over Ashcroft. He’s well and truly balls it up.

Could be a very empty Saturday. How well has it actually sold this year overall? I don’t remember it ever selling out but there’s so many desperate people that want a festival you’d think it wouldn’t be far off selling out.

21 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

I think they’ve dropped a bollock with this. I think they will hold out to ensure they don’t have a tramlines scenario on their hands.... Refunds like someone said earlier....

I don’t think they have faith in who they’ve booked to sell the tickets hence people would seek refunds even more. At least pockets stay lined. What it’s doing is forcing a lot of people trying to flog their tickets so at least they keep the sale if they don’t have to go through a refunds process over Ashcroft. He’s well and truly balls it up.

Could be a very empty Saturday. How well has it actually sold this year overall? I don’t remember it ever selling out but there’s so many desperate people that want a festival you’d think it wouldn’t be far off selling out.

If you align the lack of 2nd stage headliner with the a pretty weak line up, it's a pretty poor year for Victorious in terms of acts.  I go with young kids so very rarely make it to the see the whole of the headliners, so I am happier if less busy during the day.  As posted earlier, my gut feel is that they are going to shift the schedule around, maybe add a smaller band earlier and save the cash and not offer refunds. 

Its does surprise me that the festival has never sold out based on price and location in the South, but probably due to lack of camping on or near site meaning accommodation is pretty pricey. 

Let's hope for some good weather for the weekend itself.

Edited by dgrain21