Victorious 2021

23 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Tickets arrived with site map. Site map already looks better, added extra bars at both common and castle !!! Took them long enough castle been a pain in the arse for a beer for last few year.

Hopefully mine will arrive soon then. Could do with a nice site map to look at

On 8/8/2021 at 4:45 PM, retrokev said:

who do we think(not want) will replace ashcroft.,that have not played before or in past 3 years

Sam Fender and Bombay are good shouts - fit the Victorious bill nicely, will split The Streets crowd and are both acceptable as a second stage headliner. I could see them ahead of Manics who are headlining a festival the following day. 

Idles are my dark horse.

Still waIting for my tickets. Sherlock’s way to small to headline. If that’s the only replacement they can get, then surely they will slot them in the lineup further down and bump someone else up to headline. Would be a nice addition but headline! The James Heritage Live even has them in small writing with FEEDER, MAXIMO PARK & THE SNUTS above.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dales said:

Still waIting for my tickets. Sherlock’s way to small to headline. If that’s the only replacement they can get, then surely they will slot them in the lineup further down and bump someone else up to headline. Would be a nice addition but headline! The James Heritage Live even has them in small writing with FEEDER, MAXIMO PARK & THE SNUTS above.

james then?

• Upvote 1

Just now, atomised said:

I was wondering if that might be the case. Hopefully more switching around than cancellation

Lots of lineups have recently had to change a few things and I can’t see this one being any different.  Just hope it doesn’t change too much! Will help though that all double jabbed don’t need to self isolate anymore

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Lots of lineups have recently had to change a few things and I can’t see this one being any different.  Just hope it doesn’t change too much! Will help though that all double jabbed don’t need to self isolate anymore

Hope it don’t change too much, they said shortly and it’s been a week. To me that speaks potential the odd big change (I am probably wrong just pessimistic until I walk into those fields), making me nervous. Hope whatever were waiting on is worth it.

6 hours ago, retrokev said:

james then?

I would be very happy with that and could well explain a late announcement as they have plenty of other shows to sell.

Do wish they would just let us know a.s.a.p so if I don’t like them, I can catch up on tracks by the Streets from the last few years.

Personally (and based on previous festival experience) it is very unlikely we will get a decent replacement and more a shift around of the acts currently playing (rag and bone or blossoms to headline?). In the circumstances why would victorious not pocket the cash for Ashcroft to recoup last years cancellation and just shift bands around and say it was down to the late cancellation. A new announcement now is unlikely to drive many sales and the rest of us already have tickets and can’t get a refund. 

Of the names mentioned 

manics - no. Why would they now play when originally meant to play sat? It’s not COVID related as they are playing gigs so must be scheduling. 
James - contractually obliged elsewhere so unlikely 

charlatans - cheap alternative and possible. 

16 minutes ago, Twunt said:

Emailed once you fill details of any over 18 you may have also purchased for 

I purchased my kids tickets separately and they’ve not arrived yet. Do you think it’s not triggering to email them as a result?

I think everyone needs to be prepared for last minute changes or just gaps in the schedule. Latitude had quite a few changes due to COVID positive results affecting bands. Also with other major festivals over the Bank Holiday they are going to struggle to find replacements as most Uk based artists will be already be booked up and I doubt they will be able to arrange any international artists due to restrictions. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, sedra said:

I think everyone needs to be prepared for last minute changes or just gaps in the schedule. Latitude had quite a few changes due to COVID positive results affecting bands. Also with other major festivals over the Bank Holiday they are going to struggle to find replacements as most Uk based artists will be already be booked up and I doubt they will be able to arrange any international artists due to restrictions. 

Lots playing APE and R&L the same weekend so probably be a few lower level bands around.

I think there will be changes but the fact there is no rules to isolate from Monday for the double jabbed should change things

2 hours ago, sedra said:

That's all true - but I wouldn't expect COVID drop outs to be nearly as common at other festivals going forward for a couple reasons - if a festival were to lose more than 1 act that way it'd be unlucky.

Latitude were insisting on all staff on site (including artists and their crew) testing negative within 48 hours prior to arrival and then again every 72 hours regardless of vaccination status, so quite a few of the acts that were lost did so without symptoms and likely wouldn't have pulled out without that insistence on a test. Not sure about Victorious specifically, but it looks like non-FR events generally aren't testing their staff/acts if they're vaccinated.

There's also the changes to the isolation rules on Monday which should make a difference to this.