Victorious 2021

54 minutes ago, retrokev said:

who do we think(not want) will replace ashcroft.,that have not played before or in past 3 years

Still hoping for James. They are about but free that day and would be the right size and a good fit to replace Ashcroft. 

Edit. Although they are playing the IoW Festival. Don’t know if that rules them out.

Double Edit. Manics are also around and would seem to fit.

Edited by John L

33 minutes ago, John L said:

Still hoping for James. They are about but free that day and would be the right size and a good fit to replace Ashcroft. 

Edit. Although they are playing the IoW Festival. Don’t know if that rules them out.

Double Edit. Manics are also around and would seem to fit.

James would fit.never played and be good,but on selfish note seeing iow and december. manics have headlined twice before so would want some one new or who has not played in a while. foals or courteeners are around and could do

4 hours ago, retrokev said:

who do we think(not want) will replace ashcroft.,that have not played before or in past 3 years

Would like: Foals, Bombay (both playing APE the Monday so there’s a chance, phonics (not a prayer) courteeners or libertines and I will always say LG (more chance me winning lottery). 

would not like: manics (but it would do) and James. Last time I saw James it was absolutley dog shit, I’ve seen a fair few times and normally brilliant but last couple gone down hill abit in my opinion. Each to their own though isn’t it! 

Personally it would be nice for something new that hasn’t been there before. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, retrokev said:

I still can’t get my head round why the manics came off the bill in the first place.  New album out and playing other festivals… would be a good replacement.  

if we’re going down the same path as Ian brown/Ashcroft, then either of the Gallagher brothers or even a Tom-less Kasabian would fit nicely 

40 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I still can’t get my head round why the manics came off the bill in the first place.  New album out and playing other festivals… would be a good replacement.  

if we’re going down the same path as Ian brown/Ashcroft, then either of the Gallagher brothers or even a Tom-less Kasabian would fit nicely 

The Gallaghers or Kasabian on the 2nd stage…. That’s hopeful 😂.

I personally think it’ll be someone like Sam Fender, Tom Grennan or maybe Johnny Maar.  Cant be long until we find out but we’re lucky that we were always going to watch The Streets

2 hours ago, sisco said:

The Gallaghers or Kasabian on the 2nd stage…. That’s hopeful 😂.

I personally think it’ll be someone like Sam Fender, Tom Grennan or maybe Johnny Maar.  Cant be long until we find out but we’re lucky that we were always going to watch The Streets

Agree very hopeful for the Gallaghers 😁 think kasabian could be an outside shout given they’re minus their front man.  Would be very happy with Marr.  I would’ve seen brown and thought Ashcroft was an upgrade, so something similar would suit me.  But beggars can’t be choosers, I’m just happy to get out 🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Agree very hopeful for the Gallaghers 😁 think kasabian could be an outside shout given they’re minus their front man.  Would be very happy with Marr.  I would’ve seen brown and thought Ashcroft was an upgrade, so something similar would suit me.  But beggars can’t be choosers, I’m just happy to get out 🤣🤣

marr great but 3-4 at best. Noel played before and mainstage,so cant see him playing second stage,same with Liam ,even though not played. Kasabian be good even without Tom. Think more likely be Snow Patrol or Bastille,having just done Lattitude

Yeah I'm not sure either of the Gallagher's are remotely possible for that slot, and given the opportunity I'd imagine the organisers are more likely to save money here than splash out. Personally reckon the Charlatans as at the above said or something around that level would be highly likely.

Edited by BrizzleRob

On 8/8/2021 at 12:25 PM, retrokev said:

any news ,clues ,ideas who is replacing ashcroft .fella

Not heard anything. Situations like this are different to pre booked acts with scheduled press releases. 

A guess would be either another act that's played a Superstruct event recently or someone that's penciled in next year. Tramlines with Supergrass it was a case of both. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Not heard anything. Situations like this are different to pre booked acts with scheduled press releases. 

A guess would be either another act that's played a Superstruct event recently or someone that's penciled in next year. Tramlines with Supergrass it was a case of both. 

Going by that logic, stereophonics, Bombay bicycle club and dizzee rascal are potentials.  Idles would be a nice change 😁  

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Going by that logic, stereophonics, Bombay bicycle club and dizzee rascal are potentials.  Idles would be a nice change 😁  

I’d take any of phonics, bbc or dizzee. At Tramlines Dizzee was hands down the stand out all weekend and it’s far from my kind of thing. He was that good I felt sorry for supergrass having to follow his set and headline, as the crowd were massively underwhelmed. I was shocked by him.

15 hours ago, BrizzleRob said:

Yeah I'm not sure either of the Gallagher's are remotely possible for that slot, and given the opportunity I'd imagine the organisers are more likely to save money here than splash out. Personally reckon the Charlatans as at the above said or something around that level would be highly likely.1DD58AC1-1A2A-424E-93A2-1DEC11DCA3DC.thumb.png.25e99969cdc41690fcf5460fe03d647b.png

Could it be?! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, KBR1991 said:

I’d take any of phonics, bbc or dizzee. At Tramlines Dizzee was hands down the stand out all weekend and it’s far from my kind of thing. He was that good I felt sorry for supergrass having to follow his set and headline, as the crowd were massively underwhelmed. I was shocked by him.

Id probably say given his recent legal issues, Dizzee may be an issue

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Tickets arrived with site map. Site map already looks better, added extra bars at both common and castle !!! Took them long enough castle been a pain in the arse for a beer for last few year.

Me too!! Castle has been a bit of a pain for a beer during last few acts, but I’ve probably had enough by then anyway!