Victorious 2021

1 hour ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I hope Johnny Marr replaces Ashcroft. 

I was dissapointed when he was not rolled over on to this years lineup. From memory, I think he was lowish down on the poster with Royal Bloob, Nile Rodgers and another not rolled over Bombay Bicycle Club higher up. Would love him to play but would seem a bit cheeky to have him replace Ashcroft when previously he was much lower down on the 2020 lineup.

Most of the obvious sized replacements seem to be tied up at Reading/Leeds or are already playing Vicrotious on other days. Manics seem a good choice but as they were on the 2020 poster but not rolled over that would suggest it will not be them.

Others I thought of are Primal Scream, Sterophonics, Courteeners or even New Order. Hopefully, we will not have to wait to long to find out.

3 minutes ago, Dales said:

I was dissapointed when he was not rolled over on to this years lineup. From memory, I think he was lowish down on the poster with Royal Bloob, Nile Rodgers and another not rolled over Bombay Bicycle Club higher up. Would love him to play but would seem a bit cheeky to have him replace Ashcroft when previously he was much lower down on the 2020 lineup.

Most of the obvious sized replacements seem to be tied up at Reading/Leeds or are already playing Vicrotious on other days. Manics seem a good choice but as they were on the 2020 poster but not rolled over that would suggest it will not be them.

Others I thought of are Primal Scream, Sterophonics, Courteeners or even New Order. Hopefully, we will not have to wait to long to find out.

Fair points. Though this is particularly late notice so who knows. 

Anyone had an email yet BTW? 

8 hours ago, sisco said:

Richard Ashcroft has pulled out

That has made the decision to do what I am over the Victorious plunge an easy one now. I had other interests but without Richard I was never going.

3 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Really hope it’s not Manics. Don’t fancy choosing between them and the Streets.

It would be an easy decision for me but I saw Manics at Victorious first time round. Little overkill to be there again though.

21 hours ago, BrizzleRob said:

Also camping, never been before so excited to see what this is like. Hoping for a bit of a party after the bands 🍺😎

22 hours ago, donshakey said:

Gutted by this but it’s the first festival with the kids so was never really going to be about the music. Has anybody camped before? Any idea generally how far it is from where you park and where you pitch?

Camping is a two minute walk from car to gate. Quick que in takes about 2-5 minutes. Plenty of pitching space, very friendly and clean. Facilities decent, showers are good if you fancy it after a night on the ale feeling rough and need a kickstart. Quick walk round to Sainsbury’s and the shuttle service is great, they say you can’t drink on the bus so we just go upstairs and crack a beer it’s usually fine and no one says anything. 

in terms of partying after the bands the strongbow tent is good and Portsmouth centre. However, in the campsite the demographic even in 18+ area is anything from 25 to 60s, people come back and get a good nights kip. People get a bit pissy if your making a load of noise. A lot of people get the bus straight back and get some kip and recharge.

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, retrokev said:

says from wed the 11th

The original email about filling the form in said within  24 hours after completion starting from 6th August. I'm hacked off enough that they still haven't sent me the email directing me to complete the form. Now you're telling me they've changed the what happens next bit too 

11 minutes ago, atomised said:

The original email about filling the form in said within  24 hours after completion starting from 6th August. I'm hacked off enough that they still haven't sent me the email directing me to complete the form. Now you're telling me they've changed the what happens next bit too 

if you look at original email,click in link on it and will let you add names of people details you purchased for.you as buyer should be ok as they should already have your name and contact number and email

1 minute ago, retrokev said:

if you look at original email,click in link on it and will let you add names of people details you purchased for.you as buyer should be ok as they should already have your name and contact number and email

I've done that bit. It's just that original.email (I've checked it again) clearly states tickets will be released within 24 hours of completing those details starting from August 6th. In fact even the booking confirmation I can click through too showing I've completed that says within 24 hours of completion. I assume you are referring to a later email that says ticket release from the 11th 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, atomised said:

I've done that bit. It's just that original.email (I've checked it again) clearly states tickets will be released within 24 hours of completing those details starting from August 6th. In fact even the booking confirmation I can click through too showing I've completed that says within 24 hours of completion. I assume you are referring to a later email that says ticket release from the 11th 

yep.dont understand why you want email to complete form,as you have done.plenty of time for e tickets to come through

3 minutes ago, retrokev said:

yep.dont understand why you want email to complete form,as you have done.plenty of time for e tickets to come through

As I said. I've completed it without the email. Frustrated about the change of dates that hasn't been communicated all that well. For me it's not plenty of time as I'm on holiday until I get to the festival. Hopefully the e tickets can be shown on the phone though kaboodle previously told me in an email I would need to print them. That's where my issue is 

3 minutes ago, atomised said:

As I said. I've completed it without the email. Frustrated about the change of dates that hasn't been communicated all that well. For me it's not plenty of time as I'm on holiday until I get to the festival. Hopefully the e tickets can be shown on the phone though kaboodle previously told me in an email I would need to print them. That's where my issue is 

been past 8 years and always shown on phone,never printed,so you will be fine

• Upvote 1