Victorious 2021

3 hours ago, sisco said:

😂😂.  They’ve announced a few things recently so it’s looking good…. Right…. 

Now, the Government seems to be going for herd immunity and they seem to want people to get the virus festivals in July/Aug will all probably go ahead and the virus can rage to reach herd immunity via vaccines and infections. Come September if that was a mistake then they might bring back restrictions.

I think the current plan is to allow festivals and spread the virus amongst the young and hope the older jabbed D’ont get seriously ill or die in high numbers.

2 hours ago, Dales said:

Now, the Government seems to be going for herd immunity and they seem to want people to get the virus festivals in July/Aug will all probably go ahead and the virus can rage to reach herd immunity via vaccines and infections. Come September if that was a mistake then they might bring back restrictions.

I think the current plan is to allow festivals and spread the virus amongst the young and hope the older jabbed D’ont get seriously ill or die in high numbers.

That's a very bad way of looking at/putting it.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That's a very bad way of looking at/putting it.

I know but I suspect that’s the policy in private. Build a certain amount of immunity in the population one way or another.

Even if it spoiled my enjoyment of festivals/gigs for another year I would rather we unlocked with more caution. As it is almost madness to fully remove restrictions with rising cases unless you were planning to go for herd immunity. So the powers that be most have figures in mind of what is a “acceptable level of sickness/death”. I think they plan to try that policy this summer as do many in the NHS. I think the current policy has nothing to with people’s health as if it was they would be doing all they can to take pressure off the NHS to deal with other health issues. Fully opening up will put a load of Covid pressure on a already stretched health care service with the knock on effect of more cancelled routine procedures.

3 hours ago, Dales said:

I know but I suspect that’s the policy in private. Build a certain amount of immunity in the population one way or another.

Even if it spoiled my enjoyment of festivals/gigs for another year I would rather we unlocked with more caution. As it is almost madness to fully remove restrictions with rising cases unless you were planning to go for herd immunity. So the powers that be most have figures in mind of what is a “acceptable level of sickness/death”. I think they plan to try that policy this summer as do many in the NHS. I think the current policy has nothing to with people’s health as if it was they would be doing all they can to take pressure off the NHS to deal with other health issues. Fully opening up will put a load of Covid pressure on a already stretched health care service with the knock on effect of more cancelled routine procedures.

If not now when? What age group are getting hospitalised? Have they refused the vaccine?

If those are getting hospitalised and have refused the vaccine, what do you do? Keep it closed until they grace us with a yay to a vaccine.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, thetime said:

If not now when? What age group are getting hospitalised? Have they refused the vaccine?

If those are getting hospitalised and have refused the vaccine, what do you do? Keep it closed until they grace us with a yay to a vaccine.

All age groups are going in to hospital vaccinated but mostly none. I agree if you are going to lift restrictions summer is best but it should be controlled. Allow outdoor events and see what happens but number control and masks indoors or on transport.

Learn to live with it, is just a sound bite. Living with it is building an infrastructure to live with it which is not happening. The NHS is preparing for it like it did before redeploying staff, setting aside wards, areas, equipment to deal with the sick people from this society test. All this takes away resources from other healthcare  users. When ever I raise the point about staff, even from friends is that they knew this when they signed up. Well most did not, they never expected to see so much death. Physiotherapist did not sign up to work on Covid wards or ITU. Admin staff did not sign up to work on wards.

if we are going to live with it stop redeploying staff away from their normal jobs. Stop buying leave off staff and let them take it. Employ more staff to deal with Covid. Build wards to care for them and work out how to reach those who are so stupid or miss-informed that they will get their jabs. They have not even built a vaccination workforce to replace the current NHS staff doing the jabs.

it would have been nice to have given the NHS a break before unlocking.

anyway we will have a few months of freedom but it will come at a cost. I don’t have the answers but clearly we need a dedicated Covid workforce to deal with this. My opinion right or wrong is that no controls is stupid until you build the ability to live with it.

So much negativity, sick of the naysayers putting an opinion on everything and bringing the mood down. Victorious is happening this year as far as we know. Cannot wait for it, it will be an amazing weekend hope you all enjoy it and have a good blowout ... 

Im interested to see what measures they put in place as I know some of us will test positive, I’m coVid positive right now so won’t be able to do a lateral flow and will have only had second vaccine week before. Hopefully immunity for us as a passport may be given (180 days nhs says)? Worth thinking about with case rates on the up. 

Edited by KBR1991
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, sisco said:

Don’t know how long it’s been like it but the stage splits have been announced for Victorious on their website

Cheers for that. Sunday definitely the best day for me.

Wonder what happens to Ashcroft if as seems possible they ask for vaccine/test proof.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I'm sure he's got enough money to hold off until he gets it his he wants. 

I mean, why should artists play events under circumstances they don't want to.

You don’t think venues and festivals will ask for proof of vaccination or negative LFT for a long long time? 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

You don’t think venues and festivals will ask for proof of vaccination or negative LFT for a long long time? 

The first option yes, the second is pointless so probably yes as well. I mean what is the point of one or the other of those. They are totally different ends of protection and security.

I think Richard's mind is slightly like mine. The minute test events with rules restrictions for entry are attended in mass, it's like agreeing to overtime on a Saturday. If you could do it once then why not again.

Just now, thewayiam said:

The first option yes, the second is pointless so probably yes as well. I mean what is the point of one or the other of those. They are totally different ends of protection and security.

I think Richard's mind is slightly like mine. The minute test events with rules restrictions for entry are attended in mass, it's like agreeing to overtime on a Saturday. If you could do it once then why not again.

Well good luck to him if he feels like that and nobody books him.  Thought it was just because it was a test event that was the issue got Tramlines

18 minutes ago, sisco said:

Well good luck to him if he feels like that and nobody books him.  Thought it was just because it was a test event that was the issue got Tramlines

It was. But my point is that's how my mind thinks due to a test event so maybe his does. There has to be a reason.

Was told by some one that Royal Blood shows would need proof of vaccination or test and so looked on their face book and found this.

Not sure whether this will relate to Victorious and other festivals but interesting with Ashctrot;s view's.

Important note for anyone attending our upcoming headline shows in July & August.
In conjunction with the event organisers and venues, a decision has been made to implement some health & safety measures to keep you, us, our crew, and the venue staff as safe as possible. Ticket holders will need to prove their covid status to gain entry, by demonstrating one of the following
· Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination both doses received at least 14 days before entry; [OR]
· Proof of a negative NHS COVID-19 Lateral Flow Device (LFD) taken within 24 hours of entry; [OR]
· Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test taken within 180 days of the performance (including 10 days self-isolation following the result).
Please follow this link for more information 👉 https://www.academymusicgroup.com/faqs-reopening-update
We can’t wait to see you.

51 minutes ago, Dales said:

Was told by some one that Royal Blood shows would need proof of vaccination or test and so looked on their face book and found this.

Not sure whether this will relate to Victorious and other festivals but interesting with Ashctrot;s view's.

Important note for anyone attending our upcoming headline shows in July & August.
In conjunction with the event organisers and venues, a decision has been made to implement some health & safety measures to keep you, us, our crew, and the venue staff as safe as possible. Ticket holders will need to prove their covid status to gain entry, by demonstrating one of the following
· Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination both doses received at least 14 days before entry; [OR]
· Proof of a negative NHS COVID-19 Lateral Flow Device (LFD) taken within 24 hours of entry; [OR]
· Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test taken within 180 days of the performance (including 10 days self-isolation following the result).
Please follow this link for more information 👉 https://www.academymusicgroup.com/faqs-reopening-update
We can’t wait to see you.

I’d be amazed if Victorious didn’t ask for the same.  R&L are also doing that 

13 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/victoriousfest2021/

Updated with the stage splits. Timings based on 2019's schedule and positioning based on the stage order on the website.

Brilliant thanks.

Getting well excited for this now - it's a shame as we're used to bits of info streaming out here and there for Glasto and the like but obviously this is a little smaller so not so much being posted about, aside from them pushing tickets. This is making it feel more real now though.

Not long to go!

• Upvote 1