Victorious 2021

51 minutes ago, Twunt said:

Booked with the wife and kids (9 & 6) this year its their 1st festival but is the Premium Upgrade Ticket worth it , not sure what its about ? 

Seems it's a premium upgrade entrance so fast track really. A covered grandstand at the main stage subject to availability and a bar, food and toilet area for passholders. Doesn't look great value to me.

Also taking a 9 year old and 6 year old to their first festival 

9 hours ago, atomised said:

Seems it's a premium upgrade entrance so fast track really. A covered grandstand at the main stage subject to availability and a bar, food and toilet area for passholders. Doesn't look great value to me.

That's what I thought also , the "subject to availability" line concerns me so will give it a miss ... Just need to find somewhere to stay now 

13 hours ago, Twunt said:

That's what I thought also , the "subject to availability" line concerns me so will give it a miss ... Just need to find somewhere to stay now 

Went in the other year one the Saturday to premium. Not worth the money in the slightest. Save the money 100%.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:15 PM, atomised said:

I got given an upgrade to premium / vip a few years back. Really not worth the money - the grandstand viewing area is way to the side of the main stage - I prefer to be closer so only watched 1 band from it the whole weekend. Queue for the VIP bar was just as busy as the main one. The only advantage was there was no queue for the loos.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Think anything in July has had it. This however I think will be fine. Going to be a cracking weekend.

Let’s hope so mate.  And there will be a few others added but it’ll be smaller names I guess

When we went VIP two years ago, I thought the area was OK compared to some other festivals. The VIP area was big and not too crowded, and the raised platform in front of the main stage gives you a good clear view of the main stage, and never got over busy. Compared to some VIP areas, which end up being busier than the main arena, I thought Victorious was OK. And, of course, it is cheaper than many major festivals.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:08 PM, sisco said:

Let’s hope so mate.  And there will be a few others added but it’ll be smaller names I guess

Think after what Melvin Benn has said regarding Latitude today Victorious is going to be absolutley fine. Reckon this 4 weeks is a quick roll out of extra 2nd doses and to ensure everyone's had at least 1. Plain sailing moving out of 19th. 

So fucking jealous of those at download right now. My mates have gone! Rain or shine I bet its brillisnt. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sisco said:

Well Victorious have been releasing more of the lineup, so is that confidence or stupidity?

I'm erring on the side of confidence. I think victorious will be just fine. If todays leaks about the 19th turn out to be correct I can't see it not going ahead

I’m sure this gets asked loads so apologies! But anyone ever been to the offsite camping? Is it any good? Availability with hotels isn’t great and really expensive! Not fussy as done camping loads before, just want to know if it’s a major pain to do or if there’s anything we should know before booking!

thanks!!!

2 hours ago, Twlib said:

I’m sure this gets asked loads so apologies! But anyone ever been to the offsite camping? Is it any good? Availability with hotels isn’t great and really expensive! Not fussy as done camping loads before, just want to know if it’s a major pain to do or if there’s anything we should know before booking!

thanks!!!

If you scroll through you’ll find the answers you’re looking for but the general consensus in summary is….. all good 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twlib said:

thanks!!!

Camping at farlington is hassle free and bus into southsea is well organised too. Go for it mate 👍

In other news, bit nervous about Ashcroft pulling out of Tramlines, hopefully not a sign of things to come 🤞

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Camping at farlington is hassle free and bus into southsea is well organised too. Go for it mate 👍

In other news, bit nervous about Ashcroft pulling out of Tramlines, hopefully not a sign of things to come 🤞

Thank you mate! 

hopefully he sticks around, think he didn’t like the pilot status of Tramlines so fingers crossed he doesn’t feel the same for this!