Victorious 2021

Also female headliner, I’m going to throw Lily Allen in the ring. Her mum and family are from Portsmouth and the guys who run the festival seem to try and get as much local/local interest talent in where they can. 

Black Honey are playing the Wedge in the Autumn and tickets are still on sale. It's not impossible but it would surprise me if they choose to play Victorious too. 

@deadpheasant <20 min walk to City Centre or Albert Road areas, even less to Osbourne Road (almost right outside the main entrance to the festival). 

I'd personally recommend Albert or Osbourne Road over Guildhall Walk (which is in the city centre and can tend to be a bit rougher). The former 2 have a decent amount of pubs and bars that will be open late.

19 hours ago, KBR1991 said:

Sure strongbow tent is going strong after last act. Not sure what time though by that time I'm in need of getting in tent zzzzzz. Never been in centre afterward just usually go to bed or have a few back at tent. 

7 hours ago, WhatADin said:

Most people flock to Palmerston Road/Osborne Road area from out of town, but I'd recommend walking a bit further and heading to Albert Road. We always go there after the Sunday night finishes and have had some cracking nights at the Fox and One Eyed Dog. 

4 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Black Honey are playing the Wedge in the Autumn and tickets are still on sale. It's not impossible but it would surprise me if they choose to play Victorious too. 

@deadpheasant <20 min walk to City Centre or Albert Road areas, even less to Osbourne Road (almost right outside the main entrance to the festival). 

I'd personally recommend Albert or Osbourne Road over Guildhall Walk (which is in the city centre and can tend to be a bit rougher). The former 2 have a decent amount of pubs and bars that will be open late.

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately just seen that the camping has a 1am curfew every night. Is that just for family camping or for over 18 camping as well?

Seems a bit annoying that we have to be back by a certain time.

Anyone that's had experience camping know how strict they are on it and what the general camping vibe is like?

Many thanks

On 4/3/2021 at 2:04 PM, JHad said:

Indeed. I love a good Clashfinder. Planning for a festival is half of the excitement, I think!

Cheers to whoever made it (not mine!).

I made it as I do every year. 

Hi guys been a while. 

On placings nothing is set in stone there, as Victorious can be very unpredictable, some years you think wow thats a lot of names then they announce a sub and push acts down and then other years you expect top acts to be added and you dont get anything. 

Prodigy's day and especially Noel Gallagher's days in the past were really weak. 

But like when they added Brian Wilson under Weller that was such a big booking. 

Basically Friday thats your lot, I'd expect an unsigned band and a tribute act added at the start of the day, only other stages that ran Friday for those that asked are the Beats and Swing tent, World Music stage and Peoples Lounge. So dont expect much there in terms of names, we did get Dub Pistols headline Beats and Swing on Friday in 2019 though.

I can only imagine Saturday top 3 main stage being The Streets, Rag N Bone Man and Fratellis top 3, its a very commercial top 3 to be honest, but theres a possibilty of Fratellis being 4th down and a 3rd down added in perhaps. Ashcroft and Blossoms top 2 on Castle as well id say are set. The rest, could move about, Seth Lakeman will almost certainly be around where he is on second stage, Morcheeba could be Common or Castle tbh, Lathums seem to be gaining a lot of popularity, I think Viccy will put them on Castle though if only to get people moving around the site from Common if they do keep rising in popularity. 

Sunday is more likely to be moved about, at the moment i have Fountains DC 3rd on Main and Miles Kane on second stage sub but I actually think its more likely Fountains DC will be subbing second stage, and Miles will be on Main Stage. Im only thinking this because Victorious splash line up has

Madness, The Streets, Royal Blood - Common Headliners

Ashcroft - Castle Headliners

Supergrass, Rag N Bone Man, The Kooks - Common Subs

Blossoms, Fountaines DC - Castle subs?

Craig David - Early opening Special guest.

--

I actually also think Mel C will be 3rd or 4th down on Castle Stage now in the way in 2019 Lewis Capaldi and Professor Green was. She seems perfect for the early entry act to be but shes not it so I think she will be on Castle stage.

As for Castle headliners, I would think it will be an act targeting the older demo, Royal Blood are targeting the younger audience, usually Viccy likes to have a headliner for both the younger and older demos. Saying though, someone the like of Olly Murs works because the younger audience likes him, he offers a different style of music to Royal Blood and also hes familiar to an older audience also through his TV work, he only did it in 2017 though, which was same as Madness which might mean a repeat headliner too many, especially when Victorious doesn't do repeat headliners. 

Anyway, im going to tweek it over the weekend I think. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I made it as I do every year. 

Hi guys been a while. 

On placings nothing is set in stone there, as Victorious can be very unpredictable, some years you think wow thats a lot of names then they announce a sub and push acts down and then other years you expect top acts to be added and you dont get anything. 

Prodigy's day and especially Noel Gallagher's days in the past were really weak. 

But like when they added Brian Wilson under Weller that was such a big booking. 

Basically Friday thats your lot, I'd expect an unsigned band and a tribute act added at the start of the day, only other stages that ran Friday for those that asked are the Beats and Swing tent, World Music stage and Peoples Lounge. So dont expect much there in terms of names, we did get Dub Pistols headline Beats and Swing on Friday in 2019 though.

I can only imagine Saturday top 3 main stage being The Streets, Rag N Bone Man and Fratellis top 3, its a very commercial top 3 to be honest, but theres a possibilty of Fratellis being 4th down and a 3rd down added in perhaps. Ashcroft and Blossoms top 2 on Castle as well id say are set. The rest, could move about, Seth Lakeman will almost certainly be around where he is on second stage, Morcheeba could be Common or Castle tbh, Lathums seem to be gaining a lot of popularity, I think Viccy will put them on Castle though if only to get people moving around the site from Common if they do keep rising in popularity. 

Sunday is more likely to be moved about, at the moment i have Fountains DC 3rd on Main and Miles Kane on second stage sub but I actually think its more likely Fountains DC will be subbing second stage, and Miles will be on Main Stage. Im only thinking this because Victorious splash line up has

Madness, The Streets, Royal Blood - Common Headliners

Ashcroft - Castle Headliners

Supergrass, Rag N Bone Man, The Kooks - Common Subs

Blossoms, Fountaines DC - Castle subs?

Craig David - Early opening Special guest.

--

I actually also think Mel C will be 3rd or 4th down on Castle Stage now in the way in 2019 Lewis Capaldi and Professor Green was. She seems perfect for the early entry act to be but shes not it so I think she will be on Castle stage.

As for Castle headliners, I would think it will be an act targeting the older demo, Royal Blood are targeting the younger audience, usually Viccy likes to have a headliner for both the younger and older demos. Saying though, someone the like of Olly Murs works because the younger audience likes him, he offers a different style of music to Royal Blood and also hes familiar to an older audience also through his TV work, he only did it in 2017 though, which was same as Madness which might mean a repeat headliner too many, especially when Victorious doesn't do repeat headliners. 

Anyway, im going to tweek it over the weekend I think. 

Well thanks for doing it.   Hope Fontaines DC do stay as 3rd down and don’t clash with Supergrass, that’d be very annoying. 

2 hours ago, Nico5629 said:

Hi everyone 

What do you think about the chances for the french to be allowed to come to the festival this summer ?

Cheers

I’m not sure to be honest.

At the moment you would have to do 10 days quarantine if you came in so that’s not practical I expect.

Hopefully things will have improved further by the end of August but with our Government you never know what they will come up with next.

I’d leave your decision as late as you can. It’s a big festival so doesn’t often sell out but demand for other U.K. Festivals has been higher this year.

Unfortunately we are beginning to see July Festivals being cancelled now. Unless you want to see someone specific 2022 might be a safer option.

EDIT: Isn’t Rock En Seine that weekend? Might be a safer option this year?

Edited by John L

28 minutes ago, John L said:

I’m not sure to be honest.

At the moment you would have to do 10 days quarantine if you came in so that’s not practical I expect.

Hopefully things will have improved further by the end of August but with our Government you never know what they will come up with next.

I’d leave your decision as late as you can. It’s a big festival so doesn’t often sell out but demand for other U.K. Festivals has been higher this year.

Unfortunately we are beginning to see July Festivals being cancelled now. Unless you want to see someone specific 2022 might be a safer option.

EDIT: Isn’t Rock En Seine that weekend? Might be a safer option this year?

The thing is that we already booked our tickets... Dont you think that a proof of a vaccination or a negative test will be enough ?

I dont think any festivals will go ahead in France this summer, we are really bad in terms of vaccination compare to uk 

Thanks for your answer !

22 hours ago, Nico5629 said:

The thing is that we already booked our tickets... Dont you think that a proof of a vaccination or a negative test will be enough ?

I dont think any festivals will go ahead in France this summer, we are really bad in terms of vaccination compare to uk 

Thanks for your answer !

Seems pretty unlikely you’ll be able to travel between the two countries properly this summer, let alone go to a festival. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, atomised said:

Here's hoping it's that and not another festival being pulled. Ive been staying optimistic for the end of August. Is this tied in with y not and Boardmasters announcements perhaps??

Not a cancellation announcement. Not tied to Boardmasters and Y Not, might be some acts crossing over though, thats to be expected. 

My guess is there’s more chance of sharing some of Y Nots lineup than Boardmasters.  Sunday Castle stage headliner TBC... Manics maybe? 😁 any of the futureheads, James and Levellers could fit in somewhere too.

Would be great to see Black Honey and The Mysterines.  But to be honest I’d take a few buskers on the high st right now!! 🤣🤣