Victorious 2021

55 minutes ago, berger55 said:

Tempting line-up. but the prices for accommodation in Portsmouth are quite high... probably next year and a bit better planning from my side. 

I’ve checked with the Festival and details of the Uni accommodation will be released “soon”. It might coincide with the next ticket price tier but still provides decent accommodation although mainly single rooms at around 50/60 a night. Check the website regularly would be my advice. 

49 minutes ago, John L said:

I’ve checked with the Festival and details of the Uni accommodation will be released “soon”. It might coincide with the next ticket price tier but still provides decent accommodation although mainly single rooms at around 50/60 a night. Check the website regularly would be my advice. 

Thx for the advise. Ill do that.

But if Ill attend the festival, I will fly into London with a group of 5 or 6 mates, so we would prefer a two or three bedroom flat. but for that's probably to late. We reserved a flat in reading months ago for that weekend, bot now the festival is sold out. Not easy planning in pandemic time 😉

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Agreed there still seems to be quite a bit to come.  Obviously we know there’s 2 very big positions to come on Sunday (Castle Header + Special Guest).

if we expect everyone who has been announced is playing the main 2 stages then we need another 7 acts for those stages on the Saturday and 9 for the Sunday.

Certainly some big ish acts to come. 

Given the social media criticism over the lack of female representation at the festival, I expect that to be addressed when the expanded line up is announced. Looking at Kendal’s line up, I think Pale Waves being added is a definite possibility. No idea on the rest.

8 minutes ago, more matey said:

Given the social media criticism over the lack of female representation at the festival, I expect that to be addressed when the expanded line up is announced. Looking at Kendal’s line up, I think Pale Waves being added is a definite possibility. No idea on the rest.

Was thinking about this the other day regarding acts the right sort of size.  Pale Waves are a decent shout, Ella Henderson, Becky Hill, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Imelda May, Ann-Marie or Jess Glynne (as a Castle Headliner), The Orielles, The Mysterines and Jade Bird (please!!) all around 

17 minutes ago, retrokev said:

on clash finder castle stage looks very interesting,very indie.who we reckon before and after miles. 

I reckon an Ann Marie or Jess Glynne as the Castle Headliner (unless Nile Rodgers & Chic are back)

12 hours ago, sisco said:

Was thinking about this the other day regarding acts the right sort of size.  Pale Waves are a decent shout, Ella Henderson, Becky Hill, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Imelda May, Ann-Marie or Jess Glynne (as a Castle Headliner), The Orielles, The Mysterines and Jade Bird (please!!) all around 

Can see Pixie Lott and La Roux Potentially being added aswell

I agree they could certainly do with adding a few more female artists but not sure if it will be in the higher slots. Although, they might make use of the Sunday afernoon guest spot to try to give it a little bit more balance. I hope they try to get Pale Waves but expect them to go for lesser known artits just to try and up the numbers. So, I will give a shout out for a few other artists I like that they may consider Jade Bird, Maisie Peters & Holly Humberside. Interestly, all three of them are at APE on the Monday so active and convient for a slot in Portsmouth a few days earlier. So would not be surprised to see one or more of them make the next announcement.

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Thoughts on Wolf Alice being added? Too big, too new?  I think they’d be a great addition also Pins and Black Honey would be brilliant 

Wolf alice would be top notch, we can hope. I think they could do with getting a big female artist or fronted band but I just do not see them doing it. Would love it if they got Wolf Alice, even if they did they could don with more on the lineup. I guess we will have a long wait before we find out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Thoughts on Wolf Alice being added? Too big, too new?  I think they’d be a great addition also Pins and Black Honey would be brilliant 

Think Wolf Alice would be headlining if they played.  Black Honey are a decent shout though 

27 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I know this is a family festival so there's probably no nightlife but just say a group of friends were going and wanted to do something after the bands finished, are there any DJs still going or if not how easy is it to get to the city centre to continue the party? Cheers

Sure strongbow tent is going strong after last act. Not sure what time though by that time I'm in need of getting in tent zzzzzz. Never been in centre afterward just usually go to bed or have a few back at tent. 

12 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

I know this is a family festival so there's probably no nightlife but just say a group of friends were going and wanted to do something after the bands finished, are there any DJs still going or if not how easy is it to get to the city centre to continue the party? Cheers

Most people flock to Palmerston Road/Osborne Road area from out of town, but I'd recommend walking a bit further and heading to Albert Road. We always go there after the Sunday night finishes and have had some cracking nights at the Fox and One Eyed Dog.