Victorious 2021

Just now, CrispyDuck said:

Saw that the Big Feastival has announced its line-up, including Rag&Bone Man (Sun) and Chic & Niles Rodgers (Sat) - the opposite of Victorious 2020 2nd stage headliners. Morcheeba and Reef (who were on the Victorious 2020 lineup) are also lower down the Feastival bill.

Is there much crossover between this and Victorious typically? Big Feastival is over August BH weekend too.

Victorious must be due a line-up announcement soon.

The Streets have also been announced for Crystal Palace the weekend before so I’d be amazed if they’re not coming back now. 

Hopefully a lineup will be coming soon!!

1 hour ago, CrispyDuck said:

Saw that the Big Feastival has announced its line-up, including Rag&Bone Man (Sun) and Chic & Niles Rodgers (Sat) - the opposite of Victorious 2020 2nd stage headliners. Morcheeba and Reef (who were on the Victorious 2020 lineup) are also lower down the Feastival bill.

Is there much crossover between this and Victorious typically? Big Feastival is over August BH weekend too.

Victorious must be due a line-up announcement soon.

Yes this is a good shout. I've looked back at BigFeastival & Victorious lineups and 2019 the two shared Rudimental, Lewis Capaldi, Fun Lovin Criminals and Zutons. There may have been even more...  I am quite certain we will see Rag & Bone +Chic&Niles Rodgers retained, plus the two you mentioned, Morcheeba and Reef.  

Looking across at BF for ideas, maybe Sigala, Tom Walker, Zara Larsson, Ella Eyre could be added.  Tom Grennan and Lucy Spraggan both have new albums this year and have appeared at Victorious couple times before. 

I have mentioned a lot of solo artists above, it's the bands where I am thin on ideas... The Streets being retained sounds possible.  Streets, Manic S Preachers, Royal Blood + Bombay B Club were 2020s main names and I have to say I was disappointed as none of those I would go to as a gig of their own.  Would love just one of them to be swapped for a band right up my street (Maximo Park or The Vaccines would do and are releasing new material!). 

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2021 at 5:32 PM, KBR1991 said:

When do you reckon we will see a lineup? Currently waiting on thid and Kendsl Calling me. Hope it's soon! 

I'm hoping it's this Friday but not holding my breath. 

On 3/17/2021 at 12:39 PM, Essexfestivalgoer said:

Yes this is a good shout. I've looked back at BigFeastival & Victorious lineups and 2019 the two shared Rudimental, Lewis Capaldi, Fun Lovin Criminals and Zutons. There may have been even more...  I am quite certain we will see Rag & Bone +Chic&Niles Rodgers retained, plus the two you mentioned, Morcheeba and Reef.  

Looking across at BF for ideas, maybe Sigala, Tom Walker, Zara Larsson, Ella Eyre could be added.  Tom Grennan and Lucy Spraggan both have new albums this year and have appeared at Victorious couple times before. 

I have mentioned a lot of solo artists above, it's the bands where I am thin on ideas... The Streets being retained sounds possible.  Streets, Manic S Preachers, Royal Blood + Bombay B Club were 2020s main names and I have to say I was disappointed as none of those I would go to as a gig of their own.  Would love just one of them to be swapped for a band right up my street (Maximo Park or The Vaccines would do and are releasing new material!). 

I think all of these are a good shout, in terms of bands maybe Wolf Alice? They've got an album coming out in June but then again they could very easily play r+l. 

11 minutes ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

I'm hoping it's this Friday but not holding my breath. 

I think all of these are a good shout, in terms of bands maybe Wolf Alice? They've got an album coming out in June but then again they could very easily play r+l. 

I reckon The Streets and Royal Blood will be retained as headliners.  Nile Rodgers + Chic were already confirmed somewhere (may have been tour dates).  Manics, Craig David and Rag n Bone man are all around to so no doubt they’ll be back.

In all honesty looking at the line up I’d be surprised if it’s not practically the same barring Ian Brown and people like Eve from overseas

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, sisco said:

I reckon The Streets and Royal Blood will be retained as headliners.  Nile Rodgers + Chic were already confirmed somewhere (may have been tour dates).  Manics, Craig David and Rag n Bone man are all around to so no doubt they’ll be back.

In all honesty looking at the line up I’d be surprised if it’s not practically the same barring Ian Brown and people like Eve from overseas

I agree. I'm really intrigued to see who they go for on the Friday. 

We will probably know on here before release like last time when someone leaked it. 

That passed me by.  They’re around and a bit of an older demographic so thought they were a possible.  Actually think they’d have got away with Manic Street Preachers or Nile Rodgers & Chic if they hadn’t already been announced in lower positions last year 

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

That passed me by.  They’re around and a bit of an older demographic so thought they were a possible.  Actually think they’d have got away with Manic Street Preachers or Nile Rodgers & Chic if they hadn’t already been announced in lower positions last year 

Yeah they would've got away with it with manics. It's probably foals, ashcroft or James.