Victorious 2021

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would be surprised if James are big enough to headline victorious.  

Although this year might be a case of lowering your expectations a bit.

bigger than people think and have a huge fan base of young and old.friday would fit well i think or though foals may be another shout

4 minutes ago, retrokev said:

bigger than people think and have a huge fan base of young and old.friday would fit well i think or though foals may be another shout

James would be brilliant. Seen them a few times now, last time at kendal calling in the afternoon. Foals would be brilliant also. 2 great shouts. Catfish are at Leeds and Reading, can't remember which one they are at or if they clash with victorious, another good band too.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

James would be brilliant. Seen them a few times now, last time at kendal calling in the afternoon. Foals would be brilliant also. 2 great shouts. Catfish are at Leeds and Reading, can't remember which one they are at or if they clash with victorious, another good band too.

Yeah Catfish won’t be there due to R&L.

Would love Foals, personally think James or Ashcroft are much more likely

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah Catfish won’t be there due to R&L.

Would love Foals, personally think James or Ashcroft are much more likely

Yeah, had a look at Leeds lineup and Reading, no chance of thst one, maybe next year. For me any of those would be good. I imagine belting bittersweet symphony out with lads hammered would be my preferred choice though. 

59 minutes ago, retrokev said:

Huge fan base but could only get a Other stage opener slot at Glastonbury. They aren't headlining Victorious. Neighbourhood is up where they are from so like Ashcroft they can get away with it.

17 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Got an eye on this one. Great festival! 

I’d love to see Courteeners take the headline slot on the Friday night. 

That's a great shout too. Imagine. Probably my favourite band. Never know, they've done truck and tramlines before.... if I'm right they tend to recycle every year the acts they use.

Edited by KBR1991

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Well according to the knowledgable @JBarbourit looks like Ian Brown was dropped from all Superstruct Festivals.  Can’t wait to find out who replaces him!

I've been saying I don't know if he's been dropped, I know Superstruct lost a headliner that was due to play a few events way back in August and a new headliner got brought in. 

9 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I've been saying I don't know if he's been dropped, I know Superstruct lost a headliner that was due to play a few events way back in August and a new headliner got brought in. 

Sorry, must of read your message wrong! Apologies

I know splendour is nothing to do with broadwick live (don't think so anyway), but Ashcroft who was due to play ynot has been announced for splendour. He's definitley doing the rounds which could mean he could be a potential option as discussed earlier in the week.

19 hours ago, KBR1991 said:

I know splendour is nothing to do with broadwick live (don't think so anyway), but Ashcroft who was due to play ynot has been announced for splendour. He's definitley doing the rounds which could mean he could be a potential option as discussed earlier in the week.

Victorious and Y Not are nothing to do with Broadwick now. Victorious went to Superstruct with Kendal, Boardmasters, Tramlines and Truck. Y Not is an independent festival again. Although a number of them will likely still share the same freelance booker and have similar line ups. 

Still doesn’t appear anything is imminent, some festivals like this and Tramlines etc... seem to be playing it very safe and waiting to announce everything.  The Streets are playing in Crystal Palace the week before so fully expecting them to be back.  Got a ticket to that today actually.  Mrs wants to wait until the lineup drops before booking a ticket so praying it doesn’t sell out as quickly as others have so far

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

Any idea when we'll get a lineup announcement? Have any Superstruct lineups been announced yet?

As of this week nothing is even scheduled to be announcement. That could change quickly though. I know that to be the case for a number of Superstruct events so guessing its across the board at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

As of this week nothing is even scheduled to be announcement. That could change quickly though. I know that to be the case for a number of Superstruct events so guessing its across the board at the moment. 

I do understand why they’re doing it with the uncertainty. But with 3 other things announcing their lineups on the same weekend I wonder how wise it is waiting.

5 hours ago, sisco said:

I do understand why they’re doing it with the uncertainty. But with 3 other things announcing their lineups on the same weekend I wonder how wise it is waiting.

I think they'll probably end up announcing Victorious first as its got the most tickets to shift by the looks of it. Boardmasters, Truck and Tramlines have either sold out or close to. Not sure where Kendal is on the ticket front. 

Boardmasters seems to be the Superstruct golden child though with the line up they pulled last year. Boardmasters looks to have more of a complete line up overhaul compared to the likes of Truck, Tramlines, Vict... 

I still think most Superstruct line ups will be out by the end of this month, unless things change with restrictions

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, K2SO said:

Any thoughts on The Vaccines headlining instead of Ian Brown? Their new album is ready to release, and they are also promoting the 10th anniversary of their debut.

They played 2019 as sub or third down, can’t remember but they were great. Not sure about headline material, aren’t they about same size as kooks? 
Me and the lads got tickets just want a line up to talk about for abit.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:54 PM, KBR1991 said:

They played 2019 as sub or third down, can’t remember but they were great. Not sure about headline material, aren’t they about same size as kooks? 
Me and the lads got tickets just want a line up to talk about for abit.

I went in 2019! They were 3rd on headliner stage, did a great set IIRC. I think they're about the same size as Bombay Bicycle Club who were billed as second for 2020 so I think if they came back they could creep into that slot, especially as they'll be on an album cycle by that point. 

Saw that the Big Feastival has announced its line-up, including Rag&Bone Man (Sun) and Chic & Niles Rodgers (Sat) - the opposite of Victorious 2020 2nd stage headliners. Morcheeba and Reef (who were on the Victorious 2020 lineup) are also lower down the Feastival bill.

Is there much crossover between this and Victorious typically? Big Feastival is over August BH weekend too.

Victorious must be due a line-up announcement soon.