Victorious 2021

3 hours ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

My first concert is booked for April - think that's 50:50, then one in June then Victorious. I'm hoping that June should be fine - but I do think Victorious has a viable shot of going ahead now. 

I’m April - Biffy

June - IDLES, The Killers + Glastonbury

August - Victorious

Feeling optimistic!

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

How we feeling about Victorious right now? Honestly I want a lineup announcement just so I have something to look forward to!

After my previous post of feeling optimistic, I’ll now be absolutely amazed if it goes ahead.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2021 at 10:23 AM, sisco said:

After my previous post of feeling optimistic, I’ll now be absolutely amazed if it goes ahead.  

That's where I'm at. I desperately want something to look forward to but again, amazed if it did ago ahead. I was reading an article this month saying most festivals need to make a decision 6 months in advance, so I'm assuming they'll be a decision made this month. 

4 minutes ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

That's where I'm at. I desperately want something to look forward to but again, amazed if it did ago ahead. I was reading an article this month saying most festivals need to make a decision 6 months in advance, so I'm assuming they'll be a decision made this month. 

There is a flip side in that smaller festivals from mid season onwards I've heard saying they can decide up to a couple of months out. Victorious these days is a big festival capacity wise which may count against it 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ThatGuyThere said:

With Reading and Leeds now proceeding, I would be surprised if this didn't happen. Lets just hope the line up is worth the wait 

It’s was a very U.K. based lineup last time, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a similar one this time

44 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s was a very U.K. based lineup last time, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a similar one this time

It was, don’t imagine it’s going to change much at all. Never know headliners may not change at all. Could change brown for me, saw roses at Wembley couple years ago and he’s done haha. Nontheless screamin I wanna be adored top of my lungs hammered after all this shit is appealing. 

11 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Anyone got any lineup predictions, saw that tweet by Ian Brown which wasn't brilliant.

Personally hoping for The Streets and Royal Blood to be back with someone replacing Ian Brown.   With The Streets being announced for NASS in July and Royal Blood having new material then I’m hopeful they’ll happen... oh and with Ian Brown being a knob I’m hopeful he’ll be changed too

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Personally hoping for The Streets and Royal Blood to be back with someone replacing Ian Brown.   With The Streets being announced for NASS in July and Royal Blood having new material then I’m hopeful they’ll happen... oh and with Ian Brown being a knob I’m hopeful he’ll be changed too

I'm hoping for the above too. Would be nice to put Richard Ashcroft in place of Ian brown, new material on its way I believe too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, retrokev said:

what was the tweet?

"I will NEVER sing to a crowd who must be vaccinated as a condition of attendance. NEVER EVER!"

"To all festival promoters: Please do not collaborate with SAGE/ GOVT re vaccine passports for entry. Dont help to usher in the new nazi normal"

Couple more over last 2 days. His opinion, free speech and all that but not one I would personally support haha. 

7 hours ago, KBR1991 said:

I'm hoping for the above too. Would be nice to put Richard Ashcroft in place of Ian brown, new material on its way I believe too.

Complete speculation here but I wouldn't be shocked if he has similar views to Ian brown. Maybe just being more sensible and not saying it- he's always been very anti establishment. I don't think covering a john Lennon song with "free the people" as the chorus does anything to disprove that theory either 

I don't care what his beliefs are, I just hope he doesn't say something stupid in his comeback interviews and get cancelled...

Edited by efcfanwirral

with ian brown pulling out of neighbourhood and replaced by james,cant see him playing victourious which is before.do you think we may get james or catfish?

On 3/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, KBR1991 said:

Anyone got any lineup predictions, saw that tweet by Ian Brown which wasn't brilliant.

what was the tweet?

14 minutes ago, retrokev said:

what was the tweet?

He doesn't want to play at a festival, where you are forced to have the vaccine to get in basically.

Each to there own, at least he is standing up to what he believes. Not enough of it nowadays.

Edited by thetime

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

He doesn't want to play at a festival, where you are forced to have the vaccine to get in basically.

Each to there own, at least he is standing up to what he believes. Not enough of it nowadays.

yep knew that,thus he wont play victourious .just wondered who will replace.james or maybe catfish

2 minutes ago, retrokev said:

yep knew that,thus he wont play victourious .just wondered who will replace.james or maybe catfish

I would be surprised if James are big enough to headline victorious.  

Although this year might be a case of lowering your expectations a bit.