Victorious 2021

7 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

@sisco If you want value, there's the usual suspects around; Premier Inn, an Ibis and Ibis Budget all nearby (I'd say walking distance but might be a push with kids, the Ibis Budget is furthest away) but you will probably have to book them ASAP if you don't want to pay through the nose. 

The camping is a relatively new addition and is a significant bus shuttle out of town. I've never used it but it might be worth checking out the 2019 thread to see if there was anyone reviewing them on there?

Thanks mate, had a look and they’re all quite expensive already.  Suppose that’s to be expected though.

I really don’t mind camping but that 40 min travel to and fro really puts me off.  

On 9/7/2020 at 6:12 PM, sisco said:

Thanks mate, had a look and they’re all quite expensive already.  Suppose that’s to be expected though.

I really don’t mind camping but that 40 min travel to and fro really puts me off.  

When we went a couple of years back we stayed in the University Of Portsmouth halls. They rent a lot of them out as they are unused during the summer and was a reasonable price for a twin/double. As they are in self contained flats you can book more than one room in the same flat effectively. think it wasn't much more than £40-50 for 2019 for the Friday night we stayed over. 20-25 min walk back into the town centre or 5 mins in a taxi

No details yet but they are big blocks so there is usually plenty released

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/uop-accommodation/

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2020 at 2:24 PM, Woby_Tide said:

When we went a couple of years back we stayed in the University Of Portsmouth halls. They rent a lot of them out as they are unused during the summer and was a reasonable price for a twin/double. As they are in self contained flats you can book more than one room in the same flat effectively. think it wasn't much more than £40-50 for 2019 for the Friday night we stayed over. 20-25 min walk back into the town centre or 5 mins in a taxi

No details yet but they are big blocks so there is usually plenty released

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/uop-accommodation/

Thanks, really appreciate it

3 hours ago, JBarbour said:

There is at least one Superstruct festival announcing in Sept and seen as a lot share acts they'll be rocking and rolling with most announcements in the coming weeks. 

As long as The Streets are there we’ll be planning to go.  Reckon now is a good time to announce the Anti Mask Wearing Ian Brown though?!

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

You probably can’t say but.... any of these ones changing?

Some festivals in the same group as Victorious will have at least one different headliner that was billed this year and should be announcing end Sept. I don't know what Victorious is announcing yet but it could well be some different headliners. 

One of the festivals has vastly improved their line up if they pull it off. (in my opinion) 

22 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Some festivals in the same group as Victorious will have at least one different headliner that was billed this year and should be announcing end Sept. I don't know what Victorious is announcing yet but it could well be some different headliners. 

One of the festivals has vastly improved their line up if they pull it off. (in my opinion) 

Thanks as always.  Still praying they’ll happen.  Wondering whether the day type festivals will but camping won’t be allowed

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

I might be wrong but did any Superstruct's announce this month?

Yeah. Looks like some a false start again from them. I think they still struggling to put full line ups together. Some acts have dropped out. Certainly changes with some of their headliners, some have pencilled in a new headliner. 

15 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Yeah. Looks like some a false start again from them. I think they still struggling to put full line ups together. Some acts have dropped out. Certainly changes with some of their headliners, some have pencilled in a new headliner. 

Everything's so unpredictable at the moment so I don't blame them. Any hints on Victorious though? (completely understand if not!). 

11 minutes ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

Everything's so unpredictable at the moment so I don't blame them. Any hints on Victorious though? (completely understand if not!). 

I don't know any acts for Vict. I'll get more info like other press closer to the event announcement. But I do have good info for another Superstruct event, so thats why I know some headliners are likely to change. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, retrokev said:

any news anyone.god i miss fests and gigs

Victorious don’t normally announce anything till early in the year so I’d guess there’s no reason to change that considering what’s going on.

Not sure announcing Ian Brown is the greatest publicity either at the min. 

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

I know it's probably way too early to speculate...but news of a possible COVID vaccine has got me back optimistic for this year!

Was thinking the same, especially with this one being in the August (and non camping)

• 2 weeks later...