For the price of a Glasto ticket I could go to....

stt11

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You went back to Brum!?

Only joking - I'm a Brummie myself. 

I recall being on a coach trip from Birmingham to some horse race track. Plenty of drink had been taken throughout the course of the day, and then it was time to return to our coaches. Two strangers got on our coach (which was full of long term friends, and no others) and sat down in two spare seats. We told them that they'd got the wrong coach, and that we were going to Birmingham, but they could come with us if they liked. They conferred with each other for a moment and said something along the lines of 'OK, cheers. We'll come with you'. They went on to explain that they were from Port Talbot and just couldn't face going back there. 

So, we took them back to Birmingham and took them to one of our houses, as that's where the party was continuing. At about 11pm they asked me if I knew which was the best club to go to in Birmingham. I then told them all about the club that I used to go to, as I couldn't vouch for any other clubs. When I'd finished telling them about the club, they were almost salivating with desire to go there. So, we called them a taxi and off they went to the club.

Never heard from them again, so don't know what happened to them. 

Haha. They're probably still there to this day.

Here are some photographs I took when I went to Rock-Werchter. There was a free shuttle to Leuven and back. I went there to get some shopping. The last photograph is of the square I was looking out on. I was drinking coffee in, their version of, Starbucks. 20190628_113329.thumb.jpg.b4fd5925f36478e44ce5c13977cc5c35.jpg

20190628_113334.jpg

20190628_113344.jpg

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

What's camping like there old son 

Apparently standard camping is a bit grubby. So our group stayed in, 'Hive'. Like everything around Rock Werchter, a long walk is involved. Same with the coaches and shuttle buses. But there are beer stalls everywhere!!! I don't drink. So I don't know the prices. Even so a, posh, Belgian Burger, cost me £10 inside the festival. Then an almost identical one cost me £5, outside. :russian:

12 hours ago, stt11 said:

Apparently standard camping is a bit grubby. So our group stayed in, 'Hive'. Like everything around Rock Werchter, a long walk is involved. Same with the coaches and shuttle buses. But there are beer stalls everywhere!!! I don't drink. So I don't know the prices. Even so a, posh, Belgian Burger, cost me £10 inside the festival. Then an almost identical one cost me £5, outside. :russian:

Thanks old son.. PJ always seem to play there.. Must like Belgium lol

On 7/16/2020 at 12:26 PM, stt11 said:

:dontknow:If there's no Priority volunteer places for 2021, all options for tickets are gone. So I thought it would be helpful to consider alternative plans.

Were you down to volunteer with any charity/organisation this year to get priority place?

12 hours ago, stt11 said:

I'd volunteered for Boomtown and Reading. Both of which I was looking forward to. Unfortunately, like all the other festivals, they cancelled. They're giving Priority status to us, anyway, though. 🙂

I was volunteering for Glastonbury and Download, as long as you secure your place in the first couple of days it will be fine. Never known anyone with priority not get a place. I'm not even trying for resale, going to volunteer as planned this year! It will be my first time volunteering at Glastonbury and my 14th Glastonbury. I have volunteered at other festivals though. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I was volunteering for Glastonbury and Download, as long as you secure your place in the first couple of days it will be fine. Never known anyone with priority not get a place. I'm not even trying for resale, going to volunteer as planned this year! It will be my first time volunteering at Glastonbury and my 14th Glastonbury. I have volunteered at other festivals though. 

Volunteering seems to be the cheapest way of doing it. I was thinking of volunteering for Glastonbury and Download next year. That's if I don't get a ticket. It looks a bit difficult getting to the sites before the shuttle buses are running. I've been looking through, travel, options on the Google maps app.

9 hours ago, stt11 said:

Volunteering seems to be the cheapest way of doing it. I was thinking of volunteering for Glastonbury and Download next year. That's if I don't get a ticket. It looks a bit difficult getting to the sites before the shuttle buses are running. I've been looking through, travel, options on the Google maps app.

Oxfam have a liftshare page on Facebook which will be worth checking nearer the time. There are taxis from Castle Cary railway station if you don't get a liftshare. You will need to get to Gate B (where Oxfam camp is), the shuttles go to A and it's a fair walk by road between the two. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Oxfam have a liftshare page on Facebook which will be worth checking nearer the time. There are taxis from Castle Cary railway station if you don't get a liftshare. You will need to get to Gate B (where Oxfam camp is), the shuttles go to A and it's a fair walk by road between the two. 

Thanks for the info!! 🙂

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

They also offer a dedicated bus link from Temple Meads.. though I think they charge like 20 quid for it.

• Upvote 1