For the price of a Glasto ticket I could go to....

stt11

Do you mean the tag?  I tagged the thread, failed in resale.  I thought after the sale people might want to put up alternative holidays, to Glastonbury. For example if a trip to Florence costs £250, they could post that. Alternatively if a day trip to Paris, combined with a trip to Wychood Festival, costs £250, they could post that.

But yes I have joined the resale crew,  in case that's what you were asking!!!!

5 minutes ago, stt11 said:

Do you mean the tag?  I tagged the thread, failed in resale.  I thought after the sale people might want to put up alternative holidays, to Glastonbury. For example if a trip to Florence costs £250, they could post that. Alternatively if a day trip to Paris, combined with a trip to Wychood Festival, costs £250, they could post that.

But yes I have joined the resale crew,  in case that's what you were asking!!!!

apologies missed the tag :) ... 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

apologies missed the tag :) ... 

Thanks  for taking an interest. If the threads no good I might revive it after the resale. I thought it would be useful. I like to mull over alternatives.

:dontknow:If there's no Priority volunteer places for 2021, all options for tickets are gone. So I thought it would be helpful to consider alternative plans.

1 minute ago, stt11 said:

Thanks  for taking an interest. If the threads no good I might revive it after the resale. I thought it would be useful. I like to mull over alternatives.

:dontknow:If there's no Priority volunteer places for 2021, all options for tickets are gone. So I thought it would be helpful to consider alternative plans.

threads fine alternatives always worth a consideration ... we have spent some time talking about alternatives on our virtual meet so hopefully some of those people will come forth with their wise words ...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

4 days of Rock Werchter was costing me £205. £100 for the coach there and back from Brum.

I saved going to Rock Werchter last year.  I didn't have to spend on any hotels either.

We have already said that should the unthinkable happen we'll just book a holiday for a different week instead. No other festival has the same appeal to me because it always feels like they are a bit like this part of Glastonbury, or that part of Glastonbury but nothing is like Glastonbury as a whole and it's Glastonbury as a whole that I'm in love with. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

...........somewhere that will never be anywhere near as good. 

Ain't that the truth. It's why I wouldn't want to do another festival as I would just be comparing and I know it wouldn't be a favourable comparison. At least if I go and do something totally different like a week in Santorini then I wouldn't be comparing it as much. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Ain't that the truth. It's why I wouldn't want to do another festival as I would just be comparing and I know it wouldn't be a favourable comparison. At least if I go and do something totally different like a week in Santorini then I wouldn't be comparing it as much. 

Other festivals can be great if you go into it thinking that. 

Comparison is the thief of joy my friend. 

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Other festivals can be great if you go into it thinking that. 

Comparison is the thief of joy my friend. 

I think the problem for me is it's the variety that I love and no other festival provides that level of variety. I go to enough gigs throughout the year that the music itself isn't the biggest draw, it's everything else and no other one has that everything else. None of the others have the Eavis family at the heart of it. I have no objection to anyone else doing it but it's just not for me. 

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think the problem for me is it's the variety that I love and no other festival provides that level of variety. I go to enough gigs throughout the year that the music itself isn't the biggest draw, it's everything else and no other one has that everything else. None of the others have the Eavis family at the heart of it. I have no objection to anyone else doing it but it's just not for me. 

True, every time we leave another festival it’s a given that one of us will say, that was  great but one things for sure, it aint Glastonbury!  That’s what I meant by the previous post. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

True, every time we leave another festival it’s a given that one of us will say, that was  great but one things for sure, it aint Glastonbury!  That’s what I meant by the previous post. 

Yes and for me given that they would be if anything greater cost because of not being able to bring drinks etc I am a Glastonbury or bust. If I know I don't have a ticket come April I'll buy a few more gig tickets and go on holiday. 

4 hours ago, Padjeq said:

4 days of Rock Werchter was costing me £205. £100 for the coach there and back from Brum.

You went back to Brum!?

Only joking - I'm a Brummie myself. 

I recall being on a coach trip from Birmingham to some horse race track. Plenty of drink had been taken throughout the course of the day, and then it was time to return to our coaches. Two strangers got on our coach (which was full of long term friends, and no others) and sat down in two spare seats. We told them that they'd got the wrong coach, and that we were going to Birmingham, but they could come with us if they liked. They conferred with each other for a moment and said something along the lines of 'OK, cheers. We'll come with you'. They went on to explain that they were from Port Talbot and just couldn't face going back there. 

So, we took them back to Birmingham and took them to one of our houses, as that's where the party was continuing. At about 11pm they asked me if I knew which was the best club to go to in Birmingham. I then told them all about the club that I used to go to, as I couldn't vouch for any other clubs. When I'd finished telling them about the club, they were almost salivating with desire to go there. So, we called them a taxi and off they went to the club.

Never heard from them again, so don't know what happened to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You went back to Brum!?

Only joking - I'm a Brummie myself. 

I recall being on a coach trip from Birmingham to some horse race track. Plenty of drink had been taken throughout the course of the day, and then it was time to return to our coaches. Two strangers got on our coach (which was full of long term friends, and no others) and sat down in two spare seats. We told them that they'd got the wrong coach, and that we were going to Birmingham, but they could come with us if they liked. They conferred with each other for a moment and said something along the lines of 'OK, cheers. We'll come with you'. They went on to explain that they were from Port Talbot and just couldn't face going back there. 

So, we took them back to Birmingham and took them to one of our houses, as that's where the party was continuing. At about 11pm they asked me if I knew which was the best club to go to in Birmingham. I then told them all about the club that I used to go to, as I couldn't vouch for any other clubs. When I'd finished telling them about the club, they were almost salivating with desire to go there. So, we called them a taxi and off they went to the club.

Never heard from them again, so don't know what happened to them. 

yoghurt2done.jpg

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yes and for me given that they would be if anything greater cost because of not being able to bring drinks etc I am a Glastonbury or bust. If I know I don't have a ticket come April I'll buy a few more gig tickets and go on holiday. 

This is why I have Sziget as my usual fallback if I miss out on Glastonbury. It’s like a holiday and festival in one. You can’t take your own drinks in but that doesn’t matter as they are ridiculously cheap in there. 

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

This is why I have Sziget as my usual fallback if I miss out on Glastonbury. It’s like a holiday and festival in one. You can’t take your own drinks in but that doesn’t matter as they are ridiculously cheap in there. 

I was debating that as a fall back, might quiz you on it next meet up.