Jump to content
FootLover3412

Football at any festivals?

Recommended Posts

Hi all, new here

i had tickets to the euros this year, unable to roll them over to next year, so thinking about doing some music festivals. 
 

I don’t suppose anyone knows of any festivals that might show some matches if they are on at the same time at the festival?

 

thanks in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d wait and see when the Euros are actually going to be rearranged for before making any decisions. The dates for next year haven’t been announced yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d wait and see when the Euros are actually going to be rearranged for before making any decisions. The dates for next year haven’t been announced yet.

They were announced a few weeks ago as I have tickets for some games and got an email from UEFA confirming the rescheduled ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

They were announced a few weeks ago as I have tickets for some games and got an email from UEFA confirming the rescheduled ones. 

Ah, hadn’t seen that they had rescheduled. Didn’t get the email from UEFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 12:06 PM, FootLover3412 said:

Hi all, new here

i had tickets to the euros this year, unable to roll them over to next year, so thinking about doing some music festivals. 
 

I don’t suppose anyone knows of any festivals that might show some matches if they are on at the same time at the festival?

 

thanks in advance 

To answer your question, the only festival I've known to screen football matches has been Glastonbury and from memory these have been limited to matches involving England in the knockout stage. However I don't believe Glasto have screened any matches since 2010. A quick check reveals several statements on the official website saying football will not be shown due to clashes with headliners.

Edited by Lycra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of festivals show football. Primavera shut down the main stages from music and screened Barcelona playing in the Champions League final a few years ago.

Some of the smaller venues at Glastonbury used to show games, Bread & Roses, Bimble Inn, etc although not in recent years afaik. In 2016 we were trying to watch the Ireland-Italy game on the Wednesday afternoon, and couldn't find anywhere (although we didn't try very hard tbh). There were people watching the game around a tablet screen in B&R. Apparently in 2014 a few places had screens up inside them for the WC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 10:36 AM, Lycra said:

To answer your question, the only festival I've known to screen football matches has been Glastonbury and from memory these have been limited to matches involving England in the knockout stage. However I don't believe Glasto have screened any matches since 2010. A quick check reveals several statements on the official website saying football will not be shown due to clashes with headliners.

I know that Isle of Wight has shown football in the past. Always odd watching a field full of footie fans at a festival. It's not my idea of fun but each to their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Mumford & Sons at APE last year in London as I won a free ticket, ended up watching Liverpool v Spurs UCL final near the second stage, as did quite a lot of us.

I think the football & band were having a competition over who can be more boring.

I have the same dilemma as you though - I want to be travelling around then doing some EU festivals but need a solid place to watch the footy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 2:24 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

Plenty of festivals show football. Primavera shut down the main stages from music and screened Barcelona playing in the Champions League final a few years ago.

Some of the smaller venues at Glastonbury used to show games, Bread & Roses, Bimble Inn, etc although not in recent years afaik. In 2016 we were trying to watch the Ireland-Italy game on the Wednesday afternoon, and couldn't find anywhere (although we didn't try very hard tbh). There were people watching the game around a tablet screen in B&R. Apparently in 2014 a few places had screens up inside them for the WC.

 

Me and a couple of mates watched the latter stages & pen shootout of Brazil v Chile in the 2nd round of the World Cup in 2014 in a bar at Williams Green...there were a lot of people from Chile watching it!

My mates missus got the right hump as we only walked in to get a pint quickly en route to Manic Street Preachers on the Other stage and ended up staying there for nearly an hour!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pub next to the Williams Green tent used to show World Cup matches and Wimbledon (before it was moved).

Last year they showed The Lionesses on West Holts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

The pub next to the Williams Green tent used to show World Cup matches and Wimbledon (before it was moved).

Last year they showed The Lionesses on West Holts.

you mean wimbledon doesnt take place in Wimbledon anymore ? :(  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

you mean wimbledon doesnt take place in Wimbledon anymore ? :(  

Haha. It doesn’t take place last week of June anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...